Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2006 8:02:00 PM EDT
My office manager asked off to attend her little brother's graduation from Parris Island in June.  She also asked what she should get him.

I suggested a Ka-Bar and she wanted to have it engraved.

What should she put on it?  Name, rank, class number and graduation date?  What do the Marines on the board recommend?

And who makes the best Ka-Bar right now?

Also, any other gift ideas?

Thanks.

Edit for spelling

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Ka Bar makes the best fucking ka Bar maggot!!!!!!!!!!!!

eta

oh yeah fuck that engraving shit, just get him a hooker and a normal ka bar something he can use.

I would have loved a whore after grad.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:05:40 PM EDT
[#2]
oh yeah steak and beer
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
oh yeah steak and beer

pussy+steak+beer.  that's what ANYONE wants when they get out of basic, marine, army, navy and AF.

the rest can come later
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
oh yeah steak and beer

pussy+steak+beer.  that's what ANYONE wants when they get out of basic, marine, army, navy and AF.

the rest can come later

yep!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:53:09 PM EDT
[#5]
If you still want to get him a Ka-Bar, get him this one:

KA-BAR® D2 EXTREME FIXED BLADE KNIFE

Is like the current issue Ka-Bar, but the blade is D2 Tool Steel, which is a havy forged metal. It'll last him for as long as he wears his MARPATs.

I personally carry the earlier issue Ka-Bar, made by Camillus; it has been with me since 1997 and served me well in Iraq.

A good engraving option would be:

NAME
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS
CLASS XXXX
PARRIS ISLAND, SC
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:11:59 PM EDT
[#6]
13 week trip to MCRD?

What is his MOS?  Although you can never have too many Kabars.   A coyote sheath might be a nice touch.

-BJohnson

EDIT:  dont put his graduation date and platoon number on it.   Once he walks off the parade deck that stuff doesent mean anything.  We had a kid in job school that had 1348(his boot platoon number) tattoo'd on his arm...what a fag.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:43:09 AM EDT
[#7]
i got the kabar my dad carried in vn, not engraved.

if i was giving one to my son, i'd get him a current issue one he can use then mount it on a plaque with a brass hooyah saying:

to [name]
united states marine corps
from your loving and proud parents

they make plaques where you can put the sheath on the back so you don't lose it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:48:14 AM EDT
[#8]
"For God, Country, and Corp"
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:18:18 AM EDT
[#9]
+1 on the D2 Extreme.
Look here at Tomars. Good prices.

Tomars K-bars
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:26:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Get him something for later..The K-Bar is a good idea....but...

He has MCT and all his other schools to go to....lots of time in airports etc.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:30:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Get him the engraved Kabar, and another Kbar he can tear up. 2 I repeat 2 Kbar knives.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:01:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Get him the engraved Kabar, and another Kbar he can tear up. 2 I repeat 2 Kbar knives.

Or 1 Mad-Dog ATAK.

Edited 'cause I got the name of the knife worng.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top