Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2006 7:12:24 PM EDT
I thought I just watched the first episode last friday, not tonight they are showing reruns.

WTF?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#1]
No, a new episode & an old tonight
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:17:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Dr. Who rocks.

Wierd as hell, but just as entertaining as anyone could ask for; from the British anyway.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:19:15 PM EDT
[#3]
The chubby blonde is pretty hot.   Something about her.......

I think ALL the trouble they get in is training for her to become another him.

He recruited her, plain & simple.   He often lets situations escalate, forcing her into action
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:35:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No, a new episode & an old tonight

But, the old one they are showing isn't from last week (The week it started), it's from April 2005?

I'm still confused?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought it was from last week - the one about the end of the Earth

I'm guessing this is a Brit show, so we are probably a few seasons behind
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#6]
They aired on BBC before last Christmas, the last episode aired before last summer. I downloaded all of them. They aren't that far ahead of us, not like the Doctors of years past where we had to rely on PBS to air them.

The newest Doctor is coming out soon.

I don't know why BBC "got the scoop" on Battlestar Galactica, ahowing it before SciFi Channel, but I completely understand about Doctor Who.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:46:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Dr Who is way old skool.  Back in the 70's.  

Is this a new season?  Same fizzy haired actor?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:50:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Dr Who is way old skool.  Back in the 70's.  

Is this a new season?  Same fizzy haired actor?

A remake of the orginal - seems to have kept some of the quirky aspects of the 70's show.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:52:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Last week was the show about the plastic people, unless I've somehow lost a week.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Last week was the show about the plastic people, unless I've somehow lost a week.

They showed the end of the world one from 12:30 to 1:30 (midnight) some time early last week (Monday I think).

It wasn't really published I don't think.  I only noticed it going through the guide.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:59:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They ran TWO episodes last week:  Plastic people and the end of the Earth
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good job paying attention, goombah
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I never could understand the original version of Dr. Who.  I'm not going to bother with the new one.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:24:58 PM EDT
[#14]
too weird for me
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Dr Who is very campy, back in the 70's I got hooked on the one that always had the long scarf around his neck, lots of fun, new one looks pretty good, but nothing is as good as that one I used to watch.  I think the actual series from England started in the 60's sometime, there have been a number of different actors over the years playing Dr Who.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Dr Who is very campy, back in the 70's I got hooked on the one that always had the long scarf around his neck, lots of fun, new one looks pretty good, but nothing is as good as that one I used to watch.  I think the actual series from England started in the 60's sometime, there have been a number of different actors over the years playing Dr Who.  

For all you newbies, He is "The Doctor" not "Doctor Who" which is the name of the series. He always says "I'm the Doctor" and they say "who"? just a minor tidbit. I used to watch Tom Baker as the doctor in the mid/late 70's. Brings back PBS memories.

m4ortunate

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:38:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I like Dr.Who, the old ones.  I have not seen the new ones and will be interested to see how they stack up.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top