Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2001 10:14:55 AM EDT
Anyone heard the reports about the "perky" Katie Curric soliciting contributions for the Andrea Yates legal defense fund.  Apparently Katie pumped the fund on the Today Show, just a day or two after Rosie "the depressed" O'Donut promoted the fund on Good Morning America. They are offering their support to Andrea Yates, the woman who drowned her five children in Texas.  They indicate they are doing it because Andrea was suffering from "Post Partom Depression". Any funds left over would be contributed to charities that support women with the depression syndrome.  

I say what a bunch of #$%&.  Yes it's tragic the woman suffered from depression, but she committed MURDER. The liberal media is really starting to make me ill with this garbage.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#1]
i am just speachless, omg........
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#2]
When I saw the local news in Houston mention that defense fund for that serial killing bitch I wanted to be sick.  

May the people who deserve it burn in hell.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#3]
How about a fund for Rosie O'donut? We buy her a  truckload of donuts, she eats 'em all in one sitting, washes it all down with a super mega giga-gulp from 7-eleven, then dies of a heart attack?
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 11:51:26 AM EDT
[#5]
It is only ok to kill if you are a woman.

When I first heard of the killings I have to admit that I felt somewhat sorry for her. I've seen a fair number of women with postpartum depression. However, after seeing her I beleive that she is a mean person. Granted, that is based on a few TV shots but does anyone think that she didn't know what she was doing; five times over? She is as evil as Hitler, and more evil, by far, than such as Tim McVeigh.

If she were a man would anyone be talking such BS? We all know the answer to that question. This only serves to prove the true agenda of Couric and O'Donnell. As if there were really any doubt in the first place.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 12:11:26 PM EDT
[#6]
No-one should feel sorry for her, she had post-partum depression BEFORE having the last child.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Somehow I doubt they would go to such great lengths if that mother had shot her children instead of drowning them...I am certain they would be crucifying her instead of setting up a legal defense fund.

Link Posted: 8/16/2001 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#8]
She deserves for someone to take her by the head and hold her under water so she can die the same horrible death those children faced.
This is just another way to divert the idea of personal responsibility in saying, the depression made me do it. She was fully aware of what she was doing now she is gonna pay the price.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Somehow I doubt they would go to such great lengths if that mother had shot her children instead of drowning them...I am certain they would be crucifying her instead of setting up a legal defense fund.
View Quote
No, no, no.  Don't you understand how it works?  [i][b]It's not her fault[/i][/b].  Now, if she'd used a gun, [i][b]it would be the fault of the gun and ammo manufacturers[/i][/b], but since she used a bathtub it's merely the outcome of post-partum depression.  We can't hold her responsible.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 12:53:41 PM EDT
[#10]
It did stir up a bunch of shit! Saw on Access Hollywood yesterday that NBC was deluged with calls and emails so they stopped any connection and denied Perky Katie was editorializing "she was reading from a script"...(so they say).
I too wonder what these two assholes would have said/done if the killer used a gun.
Hmmmm, maybe we need mandatory waiting periods after moms download to check for PPD...
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 1:03:10 PM EDT
[#11]
would this make Rosie and Katie an "accessory after the fact?"

Need I point out that if Andrea had used a gun, they would NOT be setting up a fund for her legal defense fund.

Leading to ONLY one possible conclusion - they aren't REALLY concerned about the murder of five innocent children. They are MORE concerned with what tool is used to commit the murder.

Apparently, in their minds, if you use your hands to murder, you merit a legal  defense fund. If you use a gun to murder, you are horribly evil.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#12]
The horror inflicted upon these children by their mother, the one person in their short lives who they probably loved and trusted the most, is unspeakable.

To systematically chase down and individually drown each and every one of them is beyond my comprehension.

She showed no mercy. She should have killed herself if it was so bad.

I don't care if she had a psychotic break or temporary insanity or whatever crap the lawyers brew up. There is no defense for this!

She is evil personified!

BURN THE BITCH!
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 2:35:13 PM EDT
[#13]
It was bad enough that she murdered them, but she did it one by one. The others were tormented before it was their turn. My 9 day old daughter is sleeping next to her mom  and a hipower is on the table. There is no danger of anything happening to her.
Neither of those two losers deserve to be on TV. We should start emial to NBC and  ABC telling them how disgusting their networks are for condoning those two. Especially that fat pig O'Donuts.
I feel better now it is important to get anger out in a safe and acceptable way.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My 9 day old daughter is sleeping next to her mom  and a hipower is on the table. There is no danger of anything happening to her.
View Quote

I wouldn't count on that! That evil military style, high capacity, fully automatic, assault pistol could kill at any time!

WATCH OUT!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

[b]What Matrix Said ![/b]
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 3:38:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#18]
can I contribute to the prosecution?
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#19]
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/034/Th/sI/b3/YK71706.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 5:36:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Osprey -

LOL
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 5:12:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The horror inflicted upon these children by their mother, the one person in their short lives who they probably loved and trusted the most, is unspeakable.

To systematically chase down and individually drown each and every one of them is beyond my comprehension.

She showed no mercy. She should have killed herself if it was so bad.

I don't care if she had a psychotic break or temporary insanity or whatever crap the lawyers brew up. There is no defense for this!
View Quote

Agreed.  I shudder to think of the fear and terror the children felt knowing their mother was harming them. From what I understand, the oldest boy put up the biggest fight. He supposedly left marks in the tile grout around the tub. I too would contibute to the prosecution.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 5:51:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anyone heard the reports about the "perky" Katie Curric soliciting contributions for the Andrea Yates legal defense fund.  Apparently Katie pumped the fund on the Today Show, just a day or two after Rosie "the depressed" O'Donut promoted the fund on Good Morning America. They are offering their support to Andrea Yates, the woman who drowned her five children in Texas.  They indicate they are doing it because Andrea was suffering from "Post Partom Depression". Any funds left over would be contributed to charities that support women with the depression syndrome.  

I say what a bunch of #$%&.  Yes it's tragic the woman suffered from depression, but she committed MURDER. The liberal media is really starting to make me ill with this garbage.  
View Quote

Does this surprise anyone?  Like rosie has a brain to begin with, this is just more proof that she is a walking, talking pile of vomit.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 7:22:27 AM EDT
[#23]
On last nights Fox News they raked NBC over the coals over this...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top