Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/24/2006 4:36:52 PM EDT
Let's keep it civil guys so it dosen't get locked again.

I usually go into that store once or twice a week for a coffee or the paper.

www.highdesert.com/gallery/7-11-video.wmv

Man, that video pisses me off!

One has been identified as a local parole
and a 30k reward has been offered.
-----------------------------------------------

www.sbsun.com

Clerk fatally shot in 7-11 robbery
Joe Nelson, Staff Writer

APPLE VALLEY - A 7-Eleven clerk complied with two robbers who demanded cash early Tuesday, but he was killed anyway in what authorities are calling a senseless murder.
William Edward Gould, a 31-year-old Apple Valley resident, father and college student, was shot multiple times after the robbers led him into a back room at the store in the 17900 block of Highway 18 at Apple Valley Road, authorities said.

Sheriff's deputies found Gould's body at 1:44 a.m.

"They forced him behind the counter and forced him to open the two cash registers, and then they take him into the back room and murdered him," sheriff's Sgt. T.A. Peters said. "He (Gould) was very cooperative. It was a senseless murder. Very coldblooded and callous."

The robbery was captured on a surveillance video.

Two men walked into the convenience store at 12:55 a.m. and confronted Gould as he swept the floor in an aisle, Peters said.

Gould's assailants are believed to have escaped in a car parked in an alley behind the store. The car was found about a mile east of the store, Peters said, declining to specify the exact location or the car's make and model.

Detectives in the sheriff's High Tech Crime Detail were busy Tuesday working to produce photos from the surveillance tape clean enough and sharp enough to run through a database of criminal photos

for possible matches. The photos will likely be distributed to the media as well, Peters said.

After the robbery and shooting, several customers entered the store. One customer reached behind the counter, grabbed a pack of cigarettes, and left some money and a note for the clerk, Peters said.

"It said, `Didn't know where you were, left some money for some smokes,' " Peters said of the note. "A good 50 minutes went by people coming in and they couldn't find the clerk."

Finally, about 1:30 a.m., a man walked into the store, saw the money on the counter and noticed the clerk missing. He went across the street to a gas station and called 9-1-1. Responding deputies found Gould's body at 1:44 a.m. nearly an hour after the shooting, Peters said.

Gould was married with a young son and two stepchildren. He attended Victor Valley Community College in Victorville with his wife, Peters said.

"He was working to pay bills," Peters said.

An autopsy is scheduled for 10 a.m. today.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#1]
this video pisses me off, so does intensely PC people that can't handle the truth
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:42:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#3]
What are 7-11's policy on carrying weapons? I'm thinking about applying for the graveyard shift at one at the end of this semester for summer work. $9 an hour, and I can work another job during the day.

Im 19 so cant get my cwp, but even if I could, could I use it?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What are 7-11's policy on carrying weapons? I'm thinking about applying for the graveyard shift at one at the end of this semester for summer work. $9 an hour, and I can work another job during the day.

Just like every other corprate ran job, no weapons.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Fucking ANIMALS!  

They don't deserve a trial.  They deserve a quick hanging from a tall oak tree.  That really sucks...MAN...
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:53:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
APPLE VALLEY - A 7-Eleven clerk complied with two robbers who demanded cash early Tuesday, but he was killed anyway

Gone are the days when you just 'give them what they want'.  I spend 3 nights a week in the dojo and a lot of time on the range so that I, personally, would not let them take me to the second crime scene.  The second crime scene = death.  If you're going to be killed anyway, you may as well die trying.  

Yeah, it takes a real man to shoot someone in the back of the head.  Fuckin' cowards.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What are 7-11's policy on carrying weapons?

Southland Corp. (7-11's parent company) made the news years ago after one of their clerks at a store in Houston shot a perp who was trying to rob the store.  The employee was praised as a hero by many but Southland fired him for carrying a firearm in violation of company policy.

There was an outcry and much noise was made by gun owners and other concerned citizens but I don't think the guy got his job back.  He was offered other jobs by companies that appreciated his risking his own life to defend himself and the store.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#8]
<Racist slur removed.  --tbk1>
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:20:57 PM EDT
[#10]

unbelievable
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#11]
an old buddy of mine used to work at 711 back in the mid 80s...   he used to keep a g3 behind the counter. used it twice.

sigh, this disgusts me... i would go on, but its just gonna piss some ppl off.  whats a shame.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:30:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I visit an ATM or convenience store about every other day ( although usually in daylight.)
Two stores near me have been robbed in the last two weeks.

I have a friend at work who thinks I'm "wacky" because I have a CCL and carry
all the time.

Frickin Sheep.........
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:50:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I visit an ATM or convenience store about every other day ( although usually in daylight.)

I don't even like to do that!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What are 7-11's policy on carrying weapons?

Southland Corp. (7-11's parent company) made the news years ago after one of their clerks at a store in Houston shot a perp who was trying to rob the store.  The employee was praised as a hero by many but Southland fired him for carrying a firearm in violation of company policy.

There was an outcry and much noise was made by gun owners and other concerned citizens but I don't think the guy got his job back.  He was offered other jobs by companies that appreciated his risking his own life to defend himself and the store.  

rather be fired then dead.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't need to see the video to know what happened. Had three friends from high school that were murdered by such animals.

Charles Hicks. Ronnie Mulvin. Don Elmore.

All murdered as an 'initiation' requirement into a ethnic gang.
After being a pall bearer the third time, you get an attitude that isn't CoC safe.

wganz

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:19:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:32:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Need to bring back the Shot Gun Squads. Off Duty Cop(or on duty) sits behind a one-way mirror,BG comes in,gets blasted. They used to have these in Houston,worked pretty well.

Now for my rant! Thorntons in Versailles KY was robbed,lady clerk(and mother) was killed. After that,Thorntons instituted a policy that all stores have at least TWO clerks AT ALL TIMES.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Again it is proven that leaving your life in the hands of someone who shows so little moral fiber that they are willing to rob you is not a good idea.

I hope the scumbags get what is coming to them.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...judged by 12, or carried by 6?  the choice is yours.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Reminds me of the hotel robbery....with the wrong person being shot at the end.  

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Don't need to see the video to know what happened. Had three friends from high school that were murdered by such animals.

Charles Hicks. Ronnie Mulvin. Don Elmore.

All murdered as an 'initiation' requirement into a ethnic gang.
After being a pall bearer the third time, you get an attitude that isn't CoC safe.

wganz

Was this the triple murder murder at a restaraunt in Austin?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Please update us when they inevitably catch these cowardly cock-suckers.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#24]
R.I.P.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:47:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Heh.. don't suppose you know any of the lads in the Apple Valley National Guard unit, do you? Some of them were my lads.

I've been arguing with a chap on another board Here over the concept of the bad guy's intentions to kill/not kill during an armed robbery, started by that motel clerk thing a few weeks ago. Basically, I argue that it is better to be armed and possibly shoot back than simply rely on the robber's good intentions. He argues that robbers don't intend to kill, and gunfights are more dangerous than doing nothing.

Interestingly enough for a generally non-gun-friendly country (Ireland), I appear to be getting far more support than opposition. (Intelligent discussion begins somewhere around page 3)

NTM
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll tell you right now, my company has a no carry policy and I carry every friggin' day.

That poor guys family...
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:06:56 PM EDT
[#27]
can't say anything, I woudl get banned, or at least censured, suffice it to say that it is a growing trend, even up here, and I foresee it getting worse before it gets better....

RIP the poor father in that video
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:32:09 PM EDT
[#28]
That is just horrible.  

That is not how you should live your last few minutes on Earth.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
After that,Thorntons instituted a policy that all stores have at least TWO clerks AT ALL TIMES.

Yeah, my company has the same idiotic rule--so now we have TWO unarmed victims in the place instead of one.  Needless to say, I still CCW.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On the upside, the only thing they can do is fire you.  It's not like Stop-N-Rob stores are hard to get a job at.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:44:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Words cannot explain the rage I feel right now
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:50:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Heh.. don't suppose you know any of the lads in the Apple Valley National Guard unit, do you? Some of them were my lads.

I've been arguing with a chap on another board Here over the concept of the bad guy's intentions to kill/not kill during an armed robbery, started by that motel clerk thing a few weeks ago. Basically, I argue that it is better to be armed and possibly shoot back than simply rely on the robber's good intentions. He argues that robbers don't intend to kill, and gunfights are more dangerous than doing nothing.

Interestingly enough for a generally non-gun-friendly country (Ireland), I appear to be getting far more support than opposition. (Intelligent discussion begins somewhere around page 3)

NTM

The Irish, even if their gun laws leave something to be desired, generally understand a good fight and won't shy away.  At least that's true of the ones I've met.  No political correctness there.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
this video pisses me off, so does intensely PC people that can't handle the truth

+1  That is disgusting.

Poor guy probably was working for less that $7.50 and hour.

The shitbags who did this should hang...
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The Irish, even if their gun laws leave something to be desired, generally understand a good fight and won't shy away.  At least that's true of the ones I've met.  No political correctness there.

Depressingly, current Irish firearms laws are such that I could own weapons there which are illegal in here California. The difference is in the perceived primary use.

NTM
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:15:43 PM EDT
[#35]
tagged for home
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:17:37 PM EDT
[#36]
tag
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:40:25 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
APPLE VALLEY - A 7-Eleven clerk complied with two robbers who demanded cash early Tuesday, but he was killed anyway

Gone are the days when you just 'give them what they want'.  I spend 3 nights a week in the dojo and a lot of time on the range so that I, personally, would not let them take me to the second crime scene.  The second crime scene = death.  If you're going to be killed anyway, you may as well die trying.  

Yeah, it takes a real man to shoot someone in the back of the head.  Fuckin' cowards.  

What you are talking about is "Active Compliance" There is a good chapter on it in the book "The Seven Myths Of Gun Control" by Richard Poe.

I MUST insist that you get that book. It will piss you off MORE than that video did.

You are right when you say:

Gone are the days when you just 'give them what they want'

Expect that if you are kidnapped or held up, you are gonna die. If you live then you just got the bonus plan.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:01:08 AM EDT
[#38]
happened to 2 clerks at a gas station that sits off by itself in a very rural area just off of busy interestate 77 close to here in bastian va.,  back in the '80s. Shot in the back of the head exectution style in the middle of the night. They never have even had any leads on that case.
If I'm correct a nightime convenient store clerk ranks high in dangerous jobs.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:15:07 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

NTM

Jeez; I just spent about an hour reading the thread you linked. How were you able to remain so calm & rational in the face of such unbridled stupidity? I have a headache just from reading it! It's no wonder crime is spiraling out of control over there. What a bunch of brain donors!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:31:22 AM EDT
[#40]
What a shame... fucking animals.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:36:04 AM EDT
[#41]
That makes me sick.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:12:24 AM EDT
[#42]
probably a couple of recognizable customers,probably why he was murdered.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:14:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Getting killed while making minimum wage.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:17:44 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The advice, still is "give them the money". As you yourself pointed out, when the robbers do things fire guns, tie people up, demand victims move to the second crime scene, etc. etc. The situation has changed from robbery, to robber with the elimination of witnesses, NOBODY gives advice that says simply let that happen.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:19:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Why anyone would want a job like that is beyond me....To often we see clerks getting over ran beat, killed, etc...

As the city c-stores get more secured with glass and such, these scumbags are coming out to the subburbs more and more.

I hope they get those guys.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:22:40 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What you are talking about is "Active Compliance" There is a good chapter on it in the book "The Seven Myths Of Gun Control" by Richard Poe.

I MUST insist that you get that book.
It will piss you off MORE than that video did.

I'm always looking for a good read.  Thank you for the suggestion.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:32:08 AM EDT
[#47]
My son and I headed over this morning to donate a few bucks to the guys family via the store.

Too many innocents are getting killed by thugs and scum and its time to fight back

------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, March 25, 2006

‘Senseless’
Murder suspects caught on video; sheriff’s officials identify one of the men

By KATHERINE ROSENBERG Staff Writer

APPLE VALLEY — Officials said Friday that a man suspected of killing 7-Eleven clerk William Gould Tuesday morning at about 1 a.m. was seen at a different 7-Eleven location less than an hour later laughing and flirting with the clerk there.

It was that peculiar decision, coupled with the fact that he was asking questions about the crime and providing information to the female clerk he was hitting on that led authorities to identify him in Gould’s murder.

“He was very jovial; he bought a blunt — that’s a cigar people will cut open and use to roll marijuana with — and some beer at separate times. He came and went more than once,” said Sgt. T.A. Peters of the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Homicide Detail who is overseeing the case. Although he did not interview the female clerk he said she must have been frightened after learning the fate of her cross-town co-worker and her close proximity to his suspected killer.

“I would imagine she was scared, this guy just killed one of her co-workers and he’s over here like it’s no big deal. You can see him laughing and smiling; he shows no remorse whatsoever,” Peters said.

As compared to surveillance footage from the Apple Valley Road and Highway 18 store where Gould was murdered, the images of Jerome Cornell Sessions, 24, of Apple Valley at the 7-Eleven on Bear Valley Road show a relaxed person with his coat open and hat off, Peters said.

Sheriff’s spokeswoman Cindy Beavers explained that officials compared the images from cameras at both stores and they were able to determine “that it was definitely the same person.”

“He’s talking to the clerk and says, ‘what’s going on with your other store?’ ” Peters relayed. “She says, ‘the clerk is missing; we think he walked off the job,’ and he said, ‘oh, I heard it got robbed,’ ” Peters said. “(Gould) was shot around 1 a.m., but they didn’t find him until about 1:44 a.m. and when deputies arrived the (cash register) drawers were closed, so how would this guy know it was robbed?” Peters said.

Sessions has been identified as a black male who is about 6 feet 2 inches tall with black hair, brown eyes and a white blemish on his upper lip, according to sheriff’s officials. His last known address is in the 15500 block of Midtown Drive in Apple Valley. However, further description of the other suspect, who is also still at large, was unavailable.

Peters also added that Sessions is a parolee for shooting at a dwelling or inhabited vehicle. He reminded the public that both men are not to be approached and are considered armed and dangerous.

The 7-11 corporation has stepped forward to offer a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of both suspects. The Town of Apple Valley has also contributed $5,000 to the reward fund, officials said.

Anyone with information on the suspects’ whereabouts is urged to call the Sheriff’s Specialized Investigations unit at (909) 387-3589.

Information can also be left anonymously by calling WeTip at (800) 78-CRIME. WeTip informants are also eligible for up to $1,000 if their information leads to an arrest and conviction.

“The family showed up and they were outraged and upset, of course. Some of them stayed to watch the video in which he was killed; there were a lot of emotions,” Peters said, referring to a press conference Friday morning during which the findings of the investigation were made public. “He died for nothing. Very little money was taken and to lose your life over that, it is not worth it, it’s senseless.”
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Again, when faced with an armed threat the safest response is to react with lethal force.

Don't let your life depend on the moral choices of some tweeking thug with a .38.

An instructor of mine a while back told us the story of how he became a police officer.

He had worked in the grocery buisness for years when one night a guy with a gun showed up to rob them. My instructor gave him the money and then the man ordered them to go into another room and lay down on the floor.

My instructor said that instantly he knew that the robber intended to kill all of them. (There were 3 of them in the main office) My instructor said:

"At that moment I made a decision. I decided that this bastard WAS NOT going to kill me and WAS NOT going to kill my co-workers, even if it meant I had to twist his head off with my bare hands."

My instructor attacked the man, got his gun away from him, and beat him pretty badly. The guy escaped with my instructor shooting at him with the very .38 revolver he intended to kill them with.

He refused to be a victim. He refused to let this guy have his way.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:00:34 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Again, when faced with an armed threat the safest response is to react with lethal force.

Don't let your life depend on the moral choices of some tweeking thug with a .38.

+1000

I will start shooting and put distance between the attacker and myself as quickly as possible. Distance is a friend of the skilled shooter, especially when the adversary is likely to be unskilled.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:35:42 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Jeez; I just spent about an hour reading the thread you linked. How were you able to remain so calm & rational in the face of such unbridled stupidity? I have a headache just from reading it! It's no wonder crime is spiraling out of control over there. What a bunch of brain donors!

Getting angry about it and calling them names isn't going to help matters. Even if the main protagonist is beyond redemption, my  continued calm, rational argument appears to be winning over converts.

"I've been monitoring this thread for some time, and I have to step forward here, and shake your hand.

Why?

For a commonsense, non-emotional approach to the debate at hand,"

Don't get angry in the face of stupidity. Use their stupidity to your advantage, and use it to affect others!

NTM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top