Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2006 3:04:52 PM EDT
I usually go into that store once or twice a week for a coffee or the paper.

www.highdesert.com/gallery/7-11-video.wmv

Man, that video pisses me off!
---------------------------------------------------------------

www.sbsun.com

Clerk fatally shot in 7-11 robbery
Joe Nelson, Staff Writer

APPLE VALLEY - A 7-Eleven clerk complied with two robbers who demanded cash early Tuesday, but he was killed anyway in what authorities are calling a senseless murder.
William Edward Gould, a 31-year-old Apple Valley resident, father and college student, was shot multiple times after the robbers led him into a back room at the store in the 17900 block of Highway 18 at Apple Valley Road, authorities said.

Sheriff's deputies found Gould's body at 1:44 a.m.

"They forced him behind the counter and forced him to open the two cash registers, and then they take him into the back room and murdered him," sheriff's Sgt. T.A. Peters said. "He (Gould) was very cooperative. It was a senseless murder. Very coldblooded and callous."

The robbery was captured on a surveillance video.

Two men walked into the convenience store at 12:55 a.m. and confronted Gould as he swept the floor in an aisle, Peters said.

Gould's assailants are believed to have escaped in a car parked in an alley behind the store. The car was found about a mile east of the store, Peters said, declining to specify the exact location or the car's make and model.

Detectives in the sheriff's High Tech Crime Detail were busy Tuesday working to produce photos from the surveillance tape clean enough and sharp enough to run through a database of criminal photos  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for possible matches. The photos will likely be distributed to the media as well, Peters said.

After the robbery and shooting, several customers entered the store. One customer reached behind the counter, grabbed a pack of cigarettes, and left some money and a note for the clerk, Peters said.

"It said, `Didn't know where you were, left some money for some smokes,' " Peters said of the note. "A good 50 minutes went by people coming in and they couldn't find the clerk."

Finally, about 1:30 a.m., a man walked into the store, saw the money on the counter and noticed the clerk missing. He went across the street to a gas station and called 9-1-1. Responding deputies found Gould's body at 1:44 a.m. nearly an hour after the shooting, Peters said.

Gould was married with a young son and two stepchildren. He attended Victor Valley Community College in Victorville with his wife, Peters said.

"He was working to pay bills," Peters said.

An autopsy is scheduled for 10 a.m. today.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:09:15 PM EDT
[#1]
These stores know that if there are two clerks on duty ,that the murder rate drops to almost zero.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:09:54 PM EDT
[#2]
To bad he was not carrying   ETA When i go into a store at night and the clerk does not appear in  a couple minutes, i go looking for them,fot this very reason.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I would have double tapped those bad guys.

Sorry, I didn't mean to Offeeeeeeeeend anyone.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:14:14 PM EDT
[#4]
"Just cooperate; give them what they want and don't offer any resistance."
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I would have double tapped those monkeys

Banned.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:22:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Can you edit your posts so the thread doesn't get locked?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:30:36 PM EDT
[#7]
So much for cooperation with the robber, money isn't worth getting hurt over etc.

They kill a person for almost nothing anymore.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
These stores know that if there are two clerks on duty ,that the murder rate drops to almost zero.

Location is everything.

We have a woman who has been working at the local 7-Eleven alone at night off and on for 20 years.

The store is located deep in the burbs, several miles from the freeway. I think that keeps it safe. AFAIK, it has never been robbed in the 25 years I have lived nearby.

Also, the area is slighty upper-middle and there are no apartments anywhere near the store. And the area is probably 95% White. So, I would guess that combination makes the area mostly crime-free.

That store in Apple Valley is right on the highway and probably one mile from the freeway.

That is a bad combination.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#10]
$20 says those guys are from San Bernardino. Probably stole the car there too.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:43:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Location is everything.

We have a woman who has been working at the local 7-Eleven alone at night off and on for 20 years.

The store is located deep in the burbs, several miles from the freeway. I think that keeps it safe. AFAIK, it has never been robbed in the 25 years I have lived nearby.

Also, the area is slighty upper-middle and there are no apartments anywhere near the store. And the area is probably 95% White. So, I would guess that combination makes the area mostly crime-free.

That store in Apple Valley is right on the highway and probably one mile from the freeway.

It sits off hwy 18 about 3 miles from the 15 fwy. There are probably 10 different ways these scum could've went. Seems as though more scum from down the hill are bringing their bad habits up here.

On the north side(across the hwy from the store) of the hwy there are 3/4 million dollar homes and right behind the 7-11 apartments. It is located next to a gun shop and Republican hq. Not a bad area.

I moved up here to get away from it. So much for that idea!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Location is everything.

It sits off hwy 18 about 3 miles from the 15 fwy. There are probably 10 different ways these scum could've went. Seems as though more scum from down the hill are bringing their bad habits up here.

On the north side(across the hwy from the store) of the hwy there are 3/4 million dollar homes and right behind the 7-11 apartments. It is located next to a gun shop and Republican hq. Not a bad area.

I moved up here to get away from it. So much for that idea!

I am not implying it's a bad area. I know a lot of people moved up there to get away. In fact, some real good friends of mine moved up there in the early 80's for that very reason. They sold their house in Covina and got a huge house in Apple Valley in exchange.

My location comment has more to do with vicinity to major highways. Stores deep in the burbs (around here) are rarely robbed. In fact, the local 7-Elevens around here have never been robbed, AFAIK. They are not easy to get too, and I think that makes them less of a target.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Banned.

Quoted
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:53:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Banned.

Quoted

more black on white crime
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:58:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
In fact, the local 7-Elevens around here have never been robbed, AFAIK. They are not easy to get too, and I think that makes them less of a target.

The one over near DVC/Contra Costa Blvd had been hit at least once.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:10:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
In fact, the local 7-Elevens around here have never been robbed, AFAIK. They are not easy to get too, and I think that makes them less of a target.

The one over near DVC/Contra Costa Blvd had been hit at least once.  

No surprise. It's right next to the 680 Freeway. All of those stores along Contra Costa have been targeted for as long as I can remember. Easy access to the freeway. And 9 times out of 10 the robbers were from Pittsburg or Oakland.

The stores I am referring to are west of DVC. One on Morello Ave; the other on Gregory Lane. AFAIK, they have never been hit. If they were, I must have forgotten.

Oops, spoke too soon. It appears the Gregory Lane store was robbed last month. Well, I moved away a year ago so I haven't kept up.

www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/13793452.htm

Anyway, I stand by what I said. The deeper you are in the burbs, away from the highway or freeway, the safer you are.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Banned.

Quoted

just trying to get  "theirs" thats all

plain ole senseless IMHO.. ppl like them,, should be shot on site. im sure if they do get cuaght they'll sit soakin up tax payers  $$ till they are 65,, hell theyve prolly been soaking up tax $$ since their teens!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Banned.

Quoted

plain ole senseless IMHO.. ppl like them,, should be shot on site. im sure if they do get cuaght they'll sit soakin up tax payers  $$ till they are 65,, hell theyve prolly been soaking up tax $$ since their teens!

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:16:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I would sue the 711 company for providing a unsafe or hostile work environment.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Banned.

Quoted

Great.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Local news just reported one has been identified as a local parole.

Also, a 30k reward has been offered, but do not approach as they are armed and could be dangerous. Well, no shiite!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Banned.

Quoted

plain ole senseless IMHO.. ppl like them,, should be shot on site. im sure if they do get cuaght they'll sit soakin up tax payers  $$ till they are 65,, hell theyve prolly been soaking up tax $$ since their teens!the day they were born

our tax dollars probably paid to have them delivered at the hospital
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:28:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Slow painful death for those two.

Oh, I forgot - Kalifornia doesn't have the Death Penalty.  Guess they get 3 free hots and a cot, and lots of workout and basketball time...

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I was in a convenience store last week at about 3:00 in the morning and they only had one clerk on duty.  No barrier between him and "customers".  Situated right along I-75.

I said, "You do realize it's insane to work here by yourself like this, don't you?"

He said, "Ah, cops come in here all the time.  I'm not afraid."

As fate would have it, I told him, "Well, good luck.  Some *&%$*@* from Atlanta or some shit doesn't know how many cops come in here.  If it ever happens and you're not packing a gun just start throwing shit at him or fighting back the best you can.  Don't let him take you in the back or make you lie down on the floor.  You're as good as dead."

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Must have been the guy in the red cap. You couldn't see the face of the hooded guy at all.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:31:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Must have been the guy in the red cap. You couldn't see the face of the hooded guy at all.

it was the guy in the black hood who was identified.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:31:12 PM EDT
[#27]
I would never let anyone that I loved work at one of those 'Stop and Rob' places.  Fucking animals know that there is easy pickins there.  SOMEBODY REMIND ME, WHY IS IT ILLEGAL TO KILL THESE ASSHOLES ON SIGHT?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Sorry, i'm not editing 6 posts from people who quote that type of stuff.  TJ, feel free to start this thread over.  What a darn shame,,,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top