Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 1:34:17 PM EDT
Which state in the union is the most friendly when it comes to guns and self defense?

I'm thinking Texas
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Arizona, wyoming, texas, florida?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Texas?

Alaska, Idaho, Wyoming, in no particular order.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#3]
TX or FL i think

look at the brady grades.  whichever one has an F is a good state
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:08:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Lets expand this a bit.

What state allows for the broader use of  force?
Which states allow the threat of deadly force?
Which states allow you to use such force to protect property?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Lets expand this a bit.

What state allows for the broader use of  force?
Which states allow the threat of deadly force?
Which states allow you to use such force to protect property?

packing.org

read that first and then keep asking
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Alabama's quite good.  Easy/inexpensive CCW, lots of good hunting, etc.

If we can push our broad-sweeping Castle Doctrine bill through next month (likely), it'll be even better (includes protections against civil actions).  

If we can repeal the SBS/SBR prohibition (working on it), it'll be dang near perfect.

(FA & suppression are okay, just no short barrels - old, archaic state statute. )
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:24:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Florida - We already have the Castle Doctrine and it applies to your car as well. But there is still CCW permitting scheme.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:30:19 PM EDT
[#8]
MONTANA!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:36:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in KY. We got an F from Brady.

The Castle Doctrine is sure to pass. It includes car and anywhere you have a right to be.

They allow anyone CCW or not, to have a loaded firearm in your unlocked glove box.

I'm not saying we are the best, but it don't suck.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:38:41 PM EDT
[#10]
The republic of Texas has fallen, too many dumb liberals now, they are being bred by texicans and we are also importing them from Kali.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:40:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Florida - We already have the Castle Doctrine and it applies to your car as well. But there is still CCW permitting scheme.   RACKET

fixed
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd have to say Vermont.  Yeah it's liberal state, but no license needed to carry concealed, etc.  They seem to ascribe to the  "Leave me alone to do what I want" mentality.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:43:26 PM EDT
[#13]
What exaclty is the Castle Doctrine?

Never mind I found it.
Google is my friend

For the ones that don't already know

One: It establishes, in law, the presumption that a criminal who forcibly enters or intrudes into your home or occupied vehicle is there to cause death or great bodily harm, therefore a person may use any manner of force, including deadly force, against that person.

Two: It removes the "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a right to be. You no longer have to turn your back on a criminal and try to run when attacked. Instead, you may stand your ground and fight back, meeting force with force, including deadly force, if you reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to yourself or others. [This is an American right repeatedly recognized in Supreme Court gun cases.]

Three: It provides that persons using force authorized by law shall not be prosecuted for using such force.

It also prohibits criminals and their families from suing victims for injuring or killing the criminals who have attacked them.

In short, it gives rights back to law-abiding people and forces judges and prosecutors who are prone to coddling criminals to instead focus on protecting victims.

I may be moving to FL. lol
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#14]
MASSACHUS.......ahh, never mind.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The republic of Texas has fallen, too many dumb liberals now, they are being bred by texicans and we are also importing them from Kali.

yeah it is getting kinda ugly here. *cough* Rosenthal *cough*
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top