Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2006 9:36:34 AM EDT
Apparently the insurance company that my corporation is contracted with has a policy. A very shitty one at that, and one that I was not even aware of, even as an HR Manager.

In order to cancel your insurance covereage that we offer, you must have a life changing event. You cannot cancel based on dissatisfaction of service.

There is NO where in the documentation that I have that says you must have a life changing event to cancel coverage, and in any case, there is no definition covering a life changing event to begin with.

I've never been one to complain much, but the company that we have insurance coverage with is horrible, sitting on hold for hours, websites with doctors don't work, etc. I didn't even get my coverage card until 3 months from the date of eligibility (my hire date, because I'm salaried).

Needless to say, I'm very pissed because I have to shovel out $27 a week for a shitty insurance company. I've had it, and if my corporate office and policy provider is really going to be as stubborn as to not cancel my enrollment, I'll be contacting my attorney.

[rant off]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top