Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2006 9:28:53 AM EDT
Alright, I know that bump firing is legal, I was just wondering if you took a string and tied it to your beltloop and made a loop in the other end and slipped that over the trigger would this be legal?

The trigger would still have to be pulled once per shot but I just don't know.  I saw the wooden bump firing device and figured that this would fall into the same category.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:29:44 AM EDT
[#1]
You would have to get a tax stamp for your pants.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Just learn to do it with your finger!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:32:24 AM EDT
[#3]
[middle of firefight] TIME!!! my string broke!!![/middle of firefight]

Bumping is a waste of good ammo
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:33:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You would have to get a tax stamp for your pants.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:44:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Make sure I am not around.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:58:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Make sure I am not around.

You use a string?  

Just stick your finger on the trigger.  You don't need a belt loop, string, or anything else.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I am well aware how to bump fire correctly and I don't need a beltloop or string.  I just thought if you brought the string up over the back of your shoulder and looped it around the trigger, it would allow easier aimed bump firing.

And at $11.88 for 100 rounds of Win white box at Welfare Mart I wont loose any sleep at night bumping off a few hundred rounds through my 9mm AR.

But, I do think I am going to submit an ATF form for my pants.  If I want to use the string on several pairs or even shorts what should I write in the spot for "Length"?  10" - 32"?

And do I need to submit a waist measurement?

What happens if I get fatter as I age, will the stamp still be valid?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top