Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/24/2006 5:50:57 AM EDT
http://www.coca-colablak.com/us/index.jsp

Has anyone heard about this? Saw it on the news about a week or so ago. I say yucky. They are trying to boost sales of cokes cause apparently soda sales have been dropping. I personally don't see this helping all that much. They have tried creating a whole bunch of sodas ... and it hasn't helped. Whats with this? Would you drink it?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:52:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Coke and coffee? Yuk.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:52:56 AM EDT
[#2]
no thanks
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:55:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Considering I don't like Coke (Pepsi man here) and the smell of coffee makes me ill - I'm going with NO!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:02:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll try it, not a big coffee fan though
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:04:28 AM EDT
[#5]
If they are really having slower sales, they should go back to the sugar rather than the high fructose corn syrup.  That alone would boost their sales.  I know I'd buy a lot more of it than I do now.  But alas, they've been told that time and time again but they won't listen.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:04:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Having poured cola into my unrinsed coffee mug on more than one occasion, I'm going with "NO".  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:05:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If they are really having slower sales, they should go back to the sugar rather than the high fructose corn syrup.  That alone would boost their sales.  I know I'd buy a lot more of it than I do now.  But alas, they've been told that time and time again but they won't listen.

Am I correct in assuming that the syrup is much cheaper?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:06:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Um, no.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:07:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lobbyists for the corn industry got Congress to pass tariffs on sugar imports so that corn syrup would be cheaper.  Screwed us all over.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:09:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Nothing but water for me.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:10:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lobbyists for the corn industry got Congress to pass tariffs on sugar imports so that corn syrup would be cheaper.  Screwed us all over.

Learn something everyday. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:10:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I will be trying it. I like to try "new" soft drinks, chocolates and cookies.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:11:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Yeah there is a plant in Dublin, TX that still makes Dr. Pepper with cane sugar and it tastes awesome.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:13:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes, since i am a coke whore...
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:13:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
no thanks

+1
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:18:08 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah there is a plant in Dublin, TX that still makes Dr. Pepper with cane sugar and it tastes awesome.

what towns and stores sell the stuff?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:20:52 AM EDT
[#17]

I boycott all Coca-Cola products . Personal issue .   Life goes on without them .
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:22:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:22:49 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They bottle it for that town and the surrounding area.  You can get it in Stephenville I believe, maybe even as far as Fort Worth but I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:24:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:25:29 AM EDT
[#21]
If it's accompanied by a little Walker Black, I'll give it a shot.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't drink soft drinks on a normal basis, just to damn sweet. But cola companies are following the beer industry where giving people choices can be profitable. We had regional colas before the big ones took over, this is just a evolution of the process.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:39:27 PM EDT
[#23]
regular coke sucks as it is.

i'll stick to pepsi
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I can't drink much of regular Coke, unless I'm eating at the time.  I DO dig Cherry Coke... I always have some in my fridge.

I did recently m ake the mistake of buying a 12 pack of Cherry Vanilla Coke... which is pretty gross.  I should have known, because I thought Vanilla coke was pretty gross.  

Those leftover 11 cans might make good reactive targets, tho!  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:52:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:05:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Like Coke, hate coffee. My answer is NO.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:09:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Instead of trying to change the coke flavor, maybe they should try making drinks that are more competitive?  Sell some frappachino competition to the yuppie market at a cheaper price than starbucks, make it pretty and see what happens.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#28]
I'll try most things once.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Good god,  I love Coca Cola but I hate coffee.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you have a local Mexican grocery store a lot of them sell soda (Coke, Pepsi, etc.) imported from Mexico. Generally those sodas are made with cane sugar.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:25:31 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I agree - Easter is just about here, so stock up on the good stuff (Sucrose based Coke) while you can(very hard to find)! I just picked up a few 2 liters, and Monday will be getting about 10 cases of the 6 packs! :) If you can't find Coke another good alternate is Boylans Cane Cola - good stuff too!

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#32]
i'd try it but that doesn't mean i'd buy even if i liked it
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#33]

The true original Coke was the best.  

Then they messed up and went with New Coke

Then Coke Classic (which didn't match up to the original )

Now, drinking a Coke is like a lead ball sitting in my stomach (its been a long time btw)

Drinking the same type of Coke in Mexico is a piece of cake, why ...

because everywhere else on Earth they use Real Sugar instead of this High Fructose Corn Syrup crap

No I won't even try it.
eta:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:10:43 PM EDT
[#34]
I like coffee,I haven't had a coke in years,I doubt I'll try this.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm sure I'll give it a shot if it shows up on the shelves around here.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:24:50 PM EDT
[#36]
I hate cola in general....I only drink the stuff when I know that the water is going to taste worse.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Other than beer, this could become the main liquid staple of my diet.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you have a local Mexican grocery store a lot of them sell soda (Coke, Pepsi, etc.) imported from Mexico. Generally those sodas are made with cane sugar.

I dont like to go into those stores.  You made it sound likr you could the DP on the shelf of HEB.  We go to Port Aranasas twice a year or so.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:56:14 AM EDT
[#39]
So I just got a bottle of this.....stuff.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:58:45 AM EDT
[#40]
I'll try it, but I'm a pepsi man myself.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:02:53 AM EDT
[#41]
The low carb-no processed sugar diets have wounded many of the weight-inducing products on the market.

Krispy Kreme was hot but instantly fizzled as low-carb caught on.

Soda companies are definitely feeling the same pain.

Unfortunately for all of them, low-carb = not so fat Americans...
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#42]
I was expecting a carbonated coffee drink like the various bottled starbucks offerings.

This is like Coke with a coffee-like flavoring. (Think Cherry Coke....replace cherry flavor w/ coffee)

It's just as carbonated as regular coke.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:55:22 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
But alas, they've been told that time and time again but they won't listen.

Around Passover you can find Kosher Coke.  It's made with cane sugar.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:04:29 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I was expecting a carbonated coffee drink like the various bottled starbucks offerings.

This is like Coke with a coffee-like flavoring. (Think Cherry Coke....replace cherry flavor w/ coffee)

It's just as carbonated as regular coke.

+1

it smells like coffee, then tastes like Coke, but then has a coffee aftertaste.

I love it.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:05:27 AM EDT
[#45]
The only falvor I've ever gotten into was Coke with Lime.

Although I do enjoy a fountain shop Cherry Coke.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:06:15 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Coke and coffee? Yuk.

Actually, there is already a product like this on the market. My fiance's dad gave me a bottle, apparently it's big in Staten Island.

Can't remember the name of it though, it actually is pretty good, but definitely an acquired taste.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I dont like to go into those stores.  You made it sound likr you could the DP on the shelf of HEB.  We go to Port Aranasas twice a year or so.

You'll find it, gas stations in Victoria carry it regularly.   Typically next to the regular plastic bottle in the cooler, with a "retro" label and an Imperial Sugar logo.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:43:18 AM EDT
[#48]
I may give it a shot.  Coke is the only cola.  Pepsi is for stinking hippies
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Dr. Pepper is the only soda I will drink, ever.  Not gonna try this new crap.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:02:04 PM EDT
[#50]
I've got one bottle left out of a 4 pack. At first I didn't like it at all, then after a few drinks, it wasn't too bad. I didn't want to let it go to waste, so I drank a couple more and will probably finish the last one off today. I won't buy it again though.

The thing I don't understand, is why did they put aspertame in it? It's already got high fructose corn syrup in it, why would it need the nutra sweet? If it didn't have that in it, it probably wouldn't be half bad. I hate nutra sweet and can taste it instantly and can even smell it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top