Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 8:21:34 PM EDT
i was tazed not a week ago.. it was supposed to be for "certification" to sell the damn things.. for my weekend job..  worse than a kick in the balls without the after effects..   un- believable
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had both a taser and OC in the face.  I would to the taser every day for the rest of the year before taking some OC in the face again.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:24:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have had both a taser and OC in the face.  I would to the taser every day for the rest of the year before taking some OC in the face again.

at least as soon as the taser is over you return to normal reasonably quickly.  that OC shit lingers for days!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#3]
do you guys know if yoiu are required to take hits from both in the PD academys?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:26:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
do you guys know if yoiu are required to take hits from both in the PD academys?

my buddy got the spray, but not the taser.  if you're going to carry it, you have to get hit with it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:27:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

my buddy got the spray, but not the taser.  if you're going to carry it, you have to get hit with it.

Too bad that doesnt work for the pwofeshunals who carry the glock fortay.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:30:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I have to ask why the heck do you need to get hit with it to be "certified"?  Does gettiing hit with 10,000 volts make you any more professional?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:37:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I've always wondered how contact lens wearers deal with peppa-spray, it can't be good.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have to ask why the heck do you need to get hit with it to be "certified"?  Does gettiing hit with 10,000 volts make you any more professional?

i duno.. i didnt even ask..   all of the store employees got hit.  the tazer truck came out and everything.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Full face OC exposure sucks. I don't every want to do that again.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:41:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

the idea is that you think twice about how much it sucks before you hit someone with it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

No, but it does give you a respect for the level of pain you are delivering by using the thing.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:43:00 PM EDT
[#13]
What is OC spray?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:43:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
What is OC spray?

Liquid Hell.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What is OC spray?

suck in a can
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:45:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I struggled for a chuckle but alas, nothing there. This kind of talk is, again, irresponsible. I know you are anti-Glock, but suggesting one take a round from a reliable firearm is not smart.

BTW, thanks for your service giving me the right to post this…

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is OC spray?

Liquid Hell.

if its that much worse than a tazer...   i dont even wanna think bout that one
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:46:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I struggled for a chuckle but alas, nothing there. This kind of talk is, again, irresponsible. I know you are anti-Glock, but suggesting one take a round from a reliable firearm is not smart.

Apparently you havent seen the "I am the only one pwofeshunal enuf in teh room to carry this glock fortay" video of the ATF agent right?  That's what I was referring to.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:51:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Is OC spray mase?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is OC spray?

suck in a can

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Is OC spray mase?

No.

OC - Oleoresin Capsicum (Pure fucking evil)

Mace - 1% CN in a solvent of sec-butanol, propylene glycol, cyclohexene, and dipropylene glycol methyl ether
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Is OC spray mase?

more commonly known as pepper spray
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:56:55 PM EDT
[#23]
T A G
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I see, Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apparently you havent seen the "I am the only one pwofeshunal enuf in teh room to carry this glock fortay" video of the ATF agent right?  That's what I was referring to.

I believe he was DEA.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:00:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe he was DEA.

I stand corrected.  It has been over a year since I have seen that one.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Getting tazed in the face must kill.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Getting tazed in the face must kill.

i bet you make a REALLY funny face when every muscle on your face contracts at once!  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#29]
All this talk about how bad OC spray is makes me want to go and try it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:09:11 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

go ahead.  i'll hold your beer
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:10:48 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

go ahead.  i'll hold your beer

Ok, but I am drinking a margarita...........probably the only reason I want to get hit by this spray
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Good thing that in New Jersey you can't carry and taser as a LEO.  When I go to the police accademy at the end of the year I will only have to take the OC spray to the face.  Heard getting tazed hurts like hell but like someone else said the OC lingers for days.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

this is funny it worked out like this in the shop that morning.  some customers saw the display and asked about it.  and we tell him we were recently tazed.. he says "id like to get tazed".  i thought he was joking, but a little while later the shop owner asked if he wanted to get hit, and he obliged.  him and bout six or seven other customers volunteered to get hit that day just to see what it felt like..
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:14:11 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Good thing that in New Jersey you can't carry and taser as a LEO.  When I go to the police accademy at the end of the year I will only have to take the OC spray to the face.  Heard getting tazed hurts like hell but like someone else said the OC lingers for days.

you'll be washing your hair days later, and the runoff will get in your eyes and burn
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:15:04 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

this is funny it worked out like this in the shop that morning.  some customers saw the display and asked about it.  and we tell him we were recently tazed.. he says "id like to get tazed".  i thought he was joking, but a little while later the shop owner asked if he wanted to get hit, and he obliged.  him and bout six or seven other customers volunteered to get hit that day just to see what it felt like..

liability waiver?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:15:08 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Untrue, IIRC. There was a series of high-level (it went either to a state-level or the fed-level Supreme Court) court cases about this subject, and they eventually ruled that you cannot be required to be tazed. It's not like OC spray, where a gust of wind can affect multiple people.

Departments/academies can strongly coerce you to "ride the lightning," but they technically can't require it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:17:15 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Untrue, IIRC. There was a series of high-level (it went either to a state-level or the fed-level Supreme Court) court cases about this subject, and they eventually ruled that you cannot be required to be tazed. It's not like OC spray, where a gust of wind can affect multiple people.

Departments/academies can strongly coerce you to "ride the lightning," but they technically can't require it.

ya, it's like "do it, or be forever labeled a pussy" thing.  TECHNICALLY it's optional, but i doubt anyone would opt out
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is OC spray?

suck in a can

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doesn't apply to the issue sidearm, does it?

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:20:00 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey OrARGB, there's a video that the rest of us have seen several times where an ATF agent is teaching a room full of kids about firearm use.  After telling us how professunal he is the Glock Foty is sitting on a table and just blows up when he looks at it.  You should search for the video, that's why Glocks have a bad rap.  Ka-Boom.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

you'll be washing your hair days later, and the runoff will get in your eyes and burn

Hell, you're eyes are the least of your worries!
i HATE the stuff! I mean REALLY HATE it!!! We had teh option of getting zapped with the tazer, several in the class took it and I opted not to take it, hell I was convinced it worked! No option on the OC, but if there were I'd damn sure not take it again, and between the two I'd take the tazer, but thats just me. Someone mentioned contact lens wearers, well I wear em, and if I know I'm getting sprayed for certification (hopefully never again!) I take my contacts out because you damn sure dont want it behind the lens! Anyway, take em out and of  course this makes the eye much more sensitive, so basically your fooked either way you go.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:26:19 PM EDT
[#42]
OC spray is awesome!

One squirt and you're south of the border!

Mmm, incapacitating.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:32:26 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is OC spray mase?

more commonly known as pepper spray

It is a Food Product

And I  can tell you that I would rather be tazed again then being sprayed with Fox
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top