Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2006 4:22:04 PM EDT
Someone here replied on the EE board/Blades, that the knife is a Microtech. Does anyone know which model? Do OTF automatic knives spring open AND closed? OR do you have to manually slide them closed?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Microtech Halo 3 I think.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the fast reply. I'll check it out.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:53:38 PM EDT
[#3]
"Double action" OTF Microtechs will extend and retract, Some only Extend and have to be manually Retracted
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Manta, do you know of a website that has all of microtech's double action otf's?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#5]
There are a few Dealers out there, they are not cheap knives. I love mine, but they are not practical for Every Day use (Or leagal to carry in most places for that matter) they are Cool though.

Arizona custom Knives  have a good selection, I have dealt with them in the past and will deal with them in the future.

The SCARAB is one of my favorite. QD Scarab
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:17:56 PM EDT
[#6]
If you are after Jacks knife (And it is the Halo 3) You will have a hard time getting / finding one, there is High demand for them. And I don't believe they are Double Actions.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you are after Jacks knife (And it is the Halo 3) You will have a hard time getting / finding one, there is High demand for them. And I don't believe they are Double Actions.

They are double action. I have a Makora and believe all Microtech OTF's are double action. My 3 MT side openers have to be manually closed, but I have never even heard of a "single action" MT OTF.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:29:40 PM EDT
[#8]
The Halo III is single action.  I have been looking and dreaming about owning one for a while now.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Halo III and it is Single action, With a slide bar that retracts the blade. I just didn't know if they all were singles?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are double action. I have a Makora and believe all Microtech OTF's are double action. My 3 MT side openers have to be manually closed, but I have never even heard of a "single action" MT OTF.

You're right!! My bad.
Here's a site that does have them for sale, but are currently out of stock.

www.thebrightedge.com/xcart/customer/home.php?cat=312&page=15
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:45:27 PM EDT
[#11]
holy crap those are expensive knives!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all the replys guys.

Yep, they are expensive knives. I'm 43. I have done a lot of sacrificing for the family's sake. I am starting to make some good money,FINALLY. I am buying one. Maybe we can start a list to get a discount?

As dumb as I am going to feel after posting this, I try to paste web addresse links from the search bar to posts here on AR15.com, and they don't work as links. I could swear that's how I have done it on other websites. What am I doin wrong? And YES, 'Napoleon', I know this wasn't all KNIFE related...
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I wish I could own one over here! Post some pics of y'all's!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:44:29 PM EDT
[#14]
GunRunnr, below where you type your text there is a small world / Globe with a chain link on it. click on that and enter the actual text you want to show up on the reply, then another bar will show up where you put in the web address (URL).
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:36:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Right on Manta! Thanks dude...
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
GunRunnr, below where you type your text there is a small world / Globe with a chain link on it. click on that and enter the actual text you want to show up on the reply, then another bar will show up where you put in the web address (URL).

So that's what that is! I always type in the URL tags. (Well, I did until now).
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:45:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There are a few Dealers out there, they are not cheap knives. I love mine, but they are not practical for Every Day use

I use my Scarab everyday and several times a day on the days that I work. It's just as impractical as any other knife.

I carry my Scarab almost every day and love it, I was mainly (Didn't make it clear) referring to the Single action Double sided Micro's IMHO.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top