Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2006 11:41:01 AM EDT
Who has used the do-it-yourself kits and how has the finish held up?  I'm thinking of getting a kit to do mags with and possibly a rifle or two.

Let's hear some feedback
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#1]
You need to let it cure fully. I like to use a box with a 100w bulb to get things started when using a stencil. I don't handle ANYTHING for at least two weeks. Once it is full cured it's pretty tough. I have never baked the stuff, only air cured.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:33:42 PM EDT
[#2]
baking just speeds up the process so you can apply another coat or stencil something else on it, it does take about 3 weeks before it will be fully dried, but you can suppossedly use the gun immediately after initial drying.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:07:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Striker did here.

Gun Coat

I don't know if it is the same product but it looked pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I did this rifle using the MSC kit:

Haven't shot it, but it's been banged around. Will know how it stands up to shooting in 2 weeks...
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:26:39 PM EDT
[#5]
tag
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:30:51 PM EDT
[#6]
did these with a $50 airbrush

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top