Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 3:06:41 AM EDT
Special forces free Iraq hostages

Three Christian aid workers -- a Briton and two Canadians -- held hostage in Iraq for almost four months have been freed in a multinational military operation in Baghdad, UK Foreign Secretary Jack Straw said today. Freed were Briton Norman Kember and Canadians James Loney and Harmeet Singh Sooden. Their American colleague, Tom Fox, was found dead March 9 in western Baghdad.

Western peace hostages freed in Iraq

Three Western peace activists are rescued in Iraq after being held hostage for almost four months.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:10:30 AM EDT
[#1]
"A British official said no captors were present when the men were found. There were no casualties in the operation, an embassy official said. "

snort
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:11:19 AM EDT
[#2]
They should be billed for the expense of having to find them and get them out.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:14:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Then shot.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:16:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then shot.

Yup, almost forgot that part.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:33:18 AM EDT
[#5]
This is interesting:

Former Guantanamo Bay detainee Moazzam Begg, who publicly pleaded for Norman Kember's release in December, said he was "ecstatic" at the news.

"I am extremely pleased. I am very, very happy and hope to meet him soon after he gets back here," Begg told the UK's Press Association. "It is the best news to come out of Iraq in a long time."

In December, Abu Qatada, one of Britain's highest-profile international terror suspects, also issued a televised appeal for Kember's release.

Speaking in Arabic, Abu Qatada, described by intelligence agencies as Osama bin Laden's spiritual ambassador in Europe, spoke directly to the Swords of Righteousness Brigade. He was allowed to record the appeal inside Full Sutton maximum security jail, near York, northern England.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:35:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:38:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then shot.

I wonder if the response would be the same for Americans from Dyncorp or Blackwater, you know, those guys who dont have to be there as well.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:40:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then shot.

I wonder if the response would be the same for Americans from Dyncorp or Blackwater, you know, those guys who dont have to be there as well.

No it wouldn't be the same.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:41:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This is interesting:

Former Guantanamo Bay detainee Moazzam Begg, who publicly pleaded for Norman Kember's release in December, said he was "ecstatic" at the news.

"I am extremely pleased. I am very, very happy and hope to meet him soon after he gets back here," Begg told the UK's Press Association. "It is the best news to come out of Iraq in a long time."

In December, Abu Qatada, one of Britain's highest-profile international terror suspects, also issued a televised appeal for Kember's release.

Speaking in Arabic, Abu Qatada, described by intelligence agencies as Osama bin Laden's spiritual ambassador in Europe, spoke directly to the Swords of Righteousness Brigade. He was allowed to record the appeal inside Full Sutton maximum security jail, near York, northern England.

Yeah, very interesting.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:42:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like a deal was made since the captors had already left.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:42:57 AM EDT
[#11]

No it wouldn't be the same.

I already kinda of figured that

Either way...Good news.

The good guys did something good and all made it back.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:54:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then shot.

No, the mercs are usually true believers. They are also there to put bread on the table. Both of those undertakings are more palatable to me than going there to lend moral support to the opposition.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:56:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then shot.

No, the mercs are usually true believers. They are also there to put bread on the table. Both of those undertakings are more palatable to me than going there to lend moral support to the opposition.

+1000

"peace activists" another term for anti-American, anti-military scum...

Now they are free to talk more shit about those who freed them...
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:28:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then shot.

The difference is, the contractors are there helping, while the "peace activists" are there as traitors. I'm all for shooting traitors in time of war. You wanna protest for peace, do it in your home country. As far as I'm concerned the minute they went to Iraq they became combatants.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:47:58 AM EDT
[#15]
What get's me is that their organization refers to the "illegal occupiers" in the press release about their people being free.  The press release actually says that the men were "released" no mention on the Canadian, British, American and Iraqi forces that were willing to risk their lives to rescue them.

News link
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:51:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then shot.

Blackwater, Dyncorp, CACI, etc. guys are on our side. That counts for, well, most everything in my book.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:17:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What get's me is that their organization refers to the "illegal occupiers" in the press release about their people being free.  The press release actually says that the men were "released" no mention on the Canadian, British, American and Iraqi forces that were willing to risk their lives to rescue them.

News link

No shit.

I was just about to post that up.

No thanks to the troops that rescued their asses....No thanks for the resources that were spent searching for them....Nothing but more diatribe to promote their political message.

F#$%tards!

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:17:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Hoo Rah!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:22:01 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then shot.

yeah but they are fighting right along side of us or supporting us logistically, these missionaries are just making our life a PITA!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:19:28 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

News link

No shit.

I was just about to post that up.

No thanks to the troops that rescued their asses....No thanks for the resources that were spent searching for them....Nothing but more diatribe to promote their political message.

F#$%tards!

RIGHT?!

Those ungrateful worthless fucks.
Is it wrong for me to wish they were never rescued?

If I was in their position you can bet your ASS I'd be singing a different tune after that whole deal.

And It'd start with free blowjobs for everyone on the helo ride back!

Ok, mabye not that far, but I'd be really happy!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top