Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 9:02:07 PM EDT
Russ Feingold's been calling for the censure of Bush over daring to defend America from terrorism.  The Congress Democrats distanced themselves from Feingold on the issue and saw it as a cynical ploy to appeal to the Democratic base for his inevitible Presidential campaign.  Said Base has cheered and called to censure Bush, impeach Bush, anything and everything to attack Bush, no matter how hopeless or quixotic. Russ Feingold has become their hero du jour, their new Cindy Sheehan.

But now they're worried.  Because a new law outlaws funded political speech 60 days before election day.  "They're fascists!"  "They're taking our rights away inch by inch!"  Who could possibly be behind such an insidious law?  No specific names, just "They".

dummiefunnies.blogspot.com/2006/03/dummie-funnies-03-22-06-are-they.html#links
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:03:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Feingold?

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Russ Feingold's been calling for the censure of Bush over daring to defend America from terrorism.  The Congress Democrats distanced themselves from Feingold on the issue and saw it as a cynical ploy to appeal to the Democratic base for his inevitible Presidential campaign.  Said Base has cheered and called to censure Bush, impeach Bush, anything and everything to attack Bush, no matter how hopeless or quixotic. Russ Feingold has become their hero du jour, they're new Cindy Sheehan.

But now they're worried.  Because a new law outlaws funded political speech 60 days before election day.  "They're fascists!"  "They're taking our rights away inch by inch!"  Who could possibly be behind such an insidious law?  No specific names, just "They".

did i miss something?  i never heard of this law.  i doubt that politicians would cut their own balls off like that
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:05:36 PM EDT
[#3]
The politicians sure don't want the web to interfere with their re-elections
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:07:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Russ Feingold's been calling for the censure of Bush over daring to defend America from terrorism.  The Congress Democrats distanced themselves from Feingold on the issue and saw it as a cynical ploy to appeal to the Democratic base for his inevitible Presidential campaign.  Said Base has cheered and called to censure Bush, impeach Bush, anything and everything to attack Bush, no matter how hopeless or quixotic. Russ Feingold has become their hero du jour, they're new Cindy Sheehan.

did i miss something?  i never heard of this law.  i doubt that politicians would cut their own balls off like that

It's totally unconstitutional.  But Bush didn't veto it, and the pre-Roberts/Alito SCOTUS ruled in favor of it.  Scalia was really pissed in his dissent.  You may have heard of it as the McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance Reform Act.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:09:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Feingold is 'they'

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top