Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 7:50:48 PM EDT
I need some help with making my digital camera download pics to my pc. Here is the deal. I have a Dell inspiron B130 laptop (os-Windows XP) and a HP desktop (os-Windows ME) at wife's stop. My digital cam is a Sony Mavica FD100.

Both computers required me to install the driver for the USB connection from the disk that came with the camera.

When I use the USB cord and plug the cam into the Dell it opens the camera and scanner wizard and lets me load the pics into a folder of my choice.

When I use the USB cord and plug the cam in the the HP desktop the only thing is does is give me the little icon in the system tray telling me to click it when I am ready to unhook the USB cable. It will not open anything that will let me load the pics.

I have gone into control panel and went to camera and scanners and clicked on add a new device and that won't work either. Sony is not listed as a choice and when I click I have a disk and install the disk it tells me the disk has no info for the camera.

Why wont the camera work on the HP with WinME but works great with WinXP???? I am stumped..
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
try uninstall/reinstall of the drivers- could be a bad install
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#2]
It could be that your system is mounting the camera's memory card as a drive that's being assigned a drive letter like E:.  Check windows explorer to see if it's available for browsing like any other file system.  When you get the little icon in the system tray and you click on it, what kind of device does it say is available to "unplug"?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Use windows explorer and click on "my computer". Then look for an extra drive, that will be your camera. Click on it and you will see the pics. You should not need the supplied software if you have XP.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Check my computer on the WinMe box and see if there is a drive listed for the camera flash.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top