Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2001 2:46:39 AM EDT
Currently I live about 60 miles by air from Barrow, furthest piont north in Alaska.   We do not just have caribou, but they come out of the wood work.   We have them walking down the streets of town here all winter long.   I have seen more then 1500 caribou together at once.   The Native Alaskans here can hunt Walruss, Seals, Bow head whales and Polar bears.

If you have never felt fear, just try running into a nine plus foot Polar bear late at night.   It gives a new meaning to the biggest gun you can.      
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 3:07:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Arcticbear, sounds like fun! So where is north slope? The north slope PD has an add in our sunday paper, I here it's near Barrow. Another question, if I were to move to AK, what's the best way to get all my guns up their? I don't think our friends on the border would be to pleased with me[:D]
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 3:45:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Just mail your guns to yourself. I would just make sure that I get there before they do to receive them to keep everything simple. Oh and before you ask, it is perfectly legal for long guns and I believe pistols as well though you should check on that before you do it.

Michael
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top