Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 6:12:27 PM EDT
after years with AOL5.Slow, then AOL9.Slow, i finally got the chance to upgrade to High-speed. its through Comcast Cable.

can i now shit-can aol and get rid of it and the cost of AOL ? or do i need to keep that for backup?

and Comcast is currently blocking pop-ups, so on myspace ( i know, ban myspace for the children ) when i click on the forums link on there comcast blocks it from opening the new window. how do i stop this?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:17:04 PM EDT
[#1]
trash that POS... comcast has me on the net since 97

outside of a dedicated T1 (@work) this is the way to go
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:18:45 PM EDT
[#2]
They have a "gamer" package in my area for $60 that is 8meg download and a true 768upload.

Fiber in coming in my area. Up to 45meg down for not much more then $100 I hear.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

sorry to ask a totally retarded question, but are you saying i can totally ditch AOL and JUST run comcast? its just gonna suck cause i have a few email adreeses, going to be alot of screwing around setting up my bill paying again
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
after years with AOL5.Slow, then AOL9.Slow, i finally got the chance to upgrade to High-speed. its through Comcast Cable.

That's what I have, congrats

can i now shit-can aol and get rid of it and the cost of AOL ? or do i need to keep that for backup?

Yes, and no.

and Comcast is currently blocking pop-ups, so on myspace ( i know, ban myspace for the children ) when i click on the forums link on there comcast blocks it from opening the new window. how do i stop this?

I'm on myspace, and actually like it but I can't answer this one.  I think there's a setting.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:20:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sorry to ask a totally retarded question, but are you saying i can totally ditch AOL and JUST run comcast? its just gonna suck cause i have a few email adreeses, going to be alot of screwing around setting up my bill paying again

You do not need AOL, you'll be paying them for absolutely nothing.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for all the replies already. much appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#7]
just get a new email address (say... gmail.  I can set you up with a free account, just gotta ask(anyone else out there too, btw (just IM me a valid email address))

change all your email accounts to the new one of your choice (even comcast is ok)

and for heavens sake... ditch aol!!!!!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top