Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:01:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey, was that Maverick?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:02:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hey, was that Maverick?

Yep
That Scientology stuff really improves your game huh?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, it was Maverick.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey, was that Maverick?

Yep

scientology commandos are the most feard of all specops.... navy SEALS cower in fear behind their jerky tables at the mere mention of those guys
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:05:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey, was that Maverick?

Yep

scientology commandos are the most feard of all specops.... navy SEALS cower in fear behind their jerky tables at the mere mention of those guys

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:07:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey, was that Maverick?

Yep

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Negative Ghost Rider, The Pattern Is Full!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeehaw!!  Jester's Dead!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:33:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I WANT THE TRUTH (and my briefcase)!!!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Porsche. There is no substitute.

Except for having my briefcase back.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
www.the-roberts.info/gallery/albums/GTFriends/collateral.mpg

I love that clip no matter how many times I watch it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:07:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Check out the guy in the black jacket (2nd dead guy)

Why in the world does it take him so long to get his gun??

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:48:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because it got caught on the inside of his pants.
Even a split second delay can cost you big time.
Hence the use of a CCW holster, right?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:06:30 PM EDT
[#14]

' Speed Rock'n ' the night away
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:25:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Because he got caught up in the space/time continuum!

He didn't expect to find a wolf among the sheep!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:26:04 AM EDT
[#16]
PS: Action usually beats reaction!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:43:51 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:49:37 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Beautifully simple.

A+1
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:35:01 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

This video also shows another thing.
1: It is a must to carry ready to rock & roll, IE: locked and loaded.
There would have been no time to rack the slide.

The second BG got the weapon out and in his hand but was dead before he could bring it to bear.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:56:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Haven't seen that movie yet, but very nice. I wonder how long he practiced it?

He needed a 360 scan and a tac reload afterwards, though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:02:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Yo homey
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:19:34 AM EDT
[#22]
One of the best scenes in the move, the end really pissed me off.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:43:25 AM EDT
[#23]
+1 on the scan and + 2 on the reload - the gun is 6 rounds down after the incident! I don't like his reholster - where is his muzzle pointing? Haven't seen the movie, but the clip suggests that they did a good job with the sound (gunshots that go "BOOM!" rather than "pop").

ac
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:48:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Speed rock, then mozambique, followed by an anchor shot. Works for me...
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Haven't seen that movie yet, but very nice. I wonder how long he practiced it?

He needed a 360 scan and a tac reload afterwards, though.

If you watch the "making of the movie" or interview with the Director, they talk about the hand gun training Tom Cruise went through for this movie.  The instructor actually comments about the training on how well Cruise learned.  Defenitely worth watching whether you like 'ol Maverick or not.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:04:24 AM EDT
[#26]
The ending was just damn stupid.  

After the way Vincent dipatched all those dudes in the club only to have numbnuts Jaime Fox take him out, it just killed the whole movie.  It was slow at times anyway, but that really made me not want to watch it again.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:46:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
The ending was just damn stupid.  

After the way Vincent dipatched all those dudes in the club only to have numbnuts Jaime Fox take him out, it just killed the whole movie.  It was slow at times anyway, but that really made me not want to watch it again.  

I thouht that was rediculous too but I thought about it a little and I think it was intentional. Shows some dramatic irony I guess. Throughout the whole movie they build Vincent up to be some oober tactical badass, almost invincible. Then he gets taken out by someone who prolly has never touched a gun in his life. Kind of a David vs Goliath.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#28]
1 of my favorite movies. The end was disappointing though.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:01:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Nice moves, but those are the tactics of someone who values the briefcase more then his life (or the lives of the crooks).
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Nice moves, but those are the tactics of someone who values the briefcase more then his life (or the lives of the crooks).

Duh.  I thought everybody felt that way.  And in the movie, his whole life was in that case.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:05:04 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Nah, thats a bad motherfucker doing his thing. He wasn't in the least bit afraid of those punks. Sociopaths are weird like that.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:13:17 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most criminals think that their gun makes them ten feet tall and bulletproof.  They expect their intended victims to cower in fear and meekly cooperate.  A sudden, ultra-violent counter-attack is literally about the last thing they expect, and it catches them off guard.

Action is always faster than reaction.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, thats a bad motherfucker doing his thing. He wasn't in the least bit afraid of those punks. Sociopaths are weird like that.

Well, what made me think that was the question: Why didn't he just shoot the guys in the back as soon as he saw them? He's obviously a pretty good shot, and that would mean much less chance of them shooting you or NDing one into your head. The whole reason why we have guns is so that we can engage the enemy at a distance. Why give up the advantage by warning them that you're there and then letting them get close to you?

The only answer I can think of is that the range was long enough that he couldn't be sure of getting critical hits on them both, and they might have gotten away with the briefcase. So, he's willing to take the additional risk of letting them get close to him without a fight in order to increase his chances of getting the briefcase back.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:48:45 PM EDT
[#34]
I think he wanted to see the look n their face.

He was obviously not completely sane.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, what made me think that was the question: Why didn't he just shoot the guys in the back as soon as he saw them? He's obviously a pretty good shot, and that would mean much less chance of them shooting you or NDing one into your head. The whole reason why we have guns is so that we can engage the enemy at a distance. Why give up the advantage by warning them that you're there and then letting them get close to you?

The only answer I can think of is that the range was long enough that he couldn't be sure of getting critical hits on them both, and they might have gotten away with the briefcase. So, he's willing to take the additional risk of letting them get close to him without a fight in order to increase his chances of getting the briefcase back.

Or maybe he just wasn't a sociopath.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:07:48 PM EDT
[#36]

If I remember right from the making of documentary, that scene was filmed without the bad guys even in there.  They were added digitally afterwards.  Makes sense, when you see the gun blasts.  To be expected, but it takes away from 'cool factor' of the scene by knowing how they did it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

If I remember right from the making of documentary, that scene was filmed without the bad guys even in there.  They were added digitally afterwards.  Makes sense, when you see the gun blasts.  To be expected, but it takes away from 'cool factor' of the scene by knowing how they did it.

who cares it looks real dont it, i cant tell te difference
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#38]
I think he was lucky (in the movie),

He blocks the bad guy's pistol down across his body so he could simultaneously draw his weapon. And if you look close, that gives the bad guy time enough to return his muzzle into Maverick, and he does! But for some reason, he doesn't pull the trigger. Lucky for ol' Mav. Then the second punk digs at his pistol for half a second before eating Mav lead. Lucky he didn't draw before hand, huh? The whole scene looks forced and staged to me. I'm with Mace, take cover and pop 'em in the back from 25 yds. If the script must have a CQB, use more realistic disarming moves. Heck I got a bigger kick out of Josey Wales spinning his revolvers around to win the fight.

It's not like hollywierd can't get martial artists to choreograph these fight scenes. I sometimes wonder if they fear to educate we popcorn chewers about real world tactics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top