Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2006 2:31:59 PM EDT
I am thinking I would like a smaller long gun in the car for whatever reason.  I had a kel-tec pistol a couple years back that did not impress me....what about the rifles?  I like how small the sub 2000 is when folded (please no pistol caliber in rifle debate)...I think it would fit well in the car and not take up much space.  So my question is, can a kel-tec rifle be trusted?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am thinking I would like a smaller long gun in the car for whatever reason.  I had a kel-tec pistol a couple years back that did not impress me....what about the rifles?  I like how small the sub 2000 is when folded (please no pistol caliber in rifle debate)...I think it would fit well in the car and not take up much space.  So my question is, can a kel-tec rifle be trusted?

If you need a rifle, use a rifle caliber.  Don't screw around with pistol carbines.  I would go for the SU-16 before the Sub2000.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#2]
A folding stock AK wont take up much more space if any, And It CAN BE TRUSTED!

ETA oh I see you are talking about the little pistol caliber one. For some reason I was thinking the rifle one.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:46:51 PM EDT
[#3]
My Sub2000 is the single most reliable weapon that I own. I have NEVER had a jam, FTE, or FTF that was caused by the gun. It eats hundreds of rounds of WWB 9mm on a range trip without missing a beat. Dump a couple of 33rd mags: no problems.

Go for it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My Sub2000 is the single most reliable weapon that I own. I have NEVER had a jam, FTE, or FTF that was caused by the gun. It eats hundreds of rounds of WWB 9mm on a range trip without missing a beat. Dump a couple of 33rd mags: no problems.

Go for it.

wow, I never would have thunk it
Dont know why, I guess Ive never shot or handled one. never read much about them. Quite impressive if it is as good as you say, for the price and all
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:52:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought one a few weeks ago for a truck gun.  Haven't got to shoot it yet.  If fits in a laptop case nicely and doesn't arouse attention when carrying in or out of the house to / from the car.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:52:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the Sub-2000 as well.   Very quiet to shoot even without hearing protection, as the barrel is so much longer, and besides being compatible with your pistol, it is so damned compact.

Only downside is the trigger pull is VERY heavy.

Someone who posts quite a bit on this site had a .223 caliber Keltec rifle KB on them a couple months back, with pics.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:55:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I won't debate, I'll simply state;

If your trunk is too small for a M4gery, it's too damn small to carry a trunk gun
at all.

Folder AK....Collapseable stock 18" 12 Gauge....M4gery...Those are the only
weapons suitable for trunk gun status AFAIC.

My pistol is a .40.  I don't need more .40 platforms.

JMO..YMMV
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#8]
My Kel Tec  Su16 has been 100%.

Go for it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A folding stock AK wont take up much more space if any, And It CAN BE TRUSTED!

ETA oh I see you are talking about the little pistol caliber one. For some reason I was thinking the rifle one.

+1

AK

Max
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I love my Sub2000. It fits in a briefcase and has been 100% reliable.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:10:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I love my Sub2000. It fits in a briefcase and has been 100% reliable.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/glocker199/000_0651_1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/glocker199/100_0885.jpg

+1

I keep mine in a computer bag. 100% reliable!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanx for the replies...I like the idea of the brief case or computer bag.  I wish the .223 version  folded up as small as the sub-2000.  What do you all load your mags with?  Just ball ammo?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Thanx for the replies...I like the idea of the brief case or computer bag.  I wish the .223 version  folded up as small as the sub-2000.  What do you all load your mags with?  Just ball ammo?

Speer Gold Dot 124 grain +p. That stuff is blazing out of a a 16" barrel.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very nice.  What kind of groups could I expect at 50 yards?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#15]
You can get the .223 in a short barreled version now. I have yet to run across an owner that is unsatisfied with his.   As for the 2000, I have a great one.  Green furniture as above with a  flat silver metal finish.  It's very accurate, headshots at 50 yards are no problem.  9mm Gold Dots is my ammo of choice, it runs just fine.

One word of warning though.  IF you get the Glock version, it will only take Glock mags.  If you get the Beretta/Smith/Sig version, you can swap out the mag catch for each of the different magazines.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very nice.  What kind of groups could I expect at 50 yards?

2" is no problem.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:40:42 PM EDT
[#17]
If I wouldn't have needed the money I wouldn't have sold mine

Great little gun.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#18]
i'm looking at picking up one of those SUB2000 rifles at the next gun show. i've heard nothing but good things about them.

as for the trigger pull, you can get that adjusted by the factory for free

and The_Beer_Slayer had their PLR (5.56) pistol KB on him.  Kel tec was more than outstanding in handling the matter, and that incident is one of the major reasons that my next gun will be a Kel Tec
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Someone who posts quite a bit on this site had a .223 caliber Keltec rifle KB on them a couple months back, with pics.

That was, I believe, a new Kel Tec PLR-16, the new .223 pistol they came out with.  The Sub2k has been around a lot longer.

EDIT: Er, see NapoleanT above.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I, too, own a Sub2000. That rifle will take abuse and ask for more.

The fact that it takes Glock 33rds is also quite nice...
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
i'm looking at picking up one of those SUB2000 rifles at the next gun show. i've heard nothing but good things about them.

as for the trigger pull, you can get that adjusted by the factory for free

and The_Beer_Slayer had their PLR (5.56) pistol KB on him.  Kel tec was more than outstanding in handling the matter, and that incident is one of the major reasons that my next gun will be a Kel Tec

EVEN THOUGH IT WAS DETERMINED THAT IT WAS THE AMMO'S FAULT!!

(not pointed at N_T, or anyone else that read the thread on this)

In the past 3 months there have been around 4 KaBoom! threads on ARs, and no one is running around insinuating that they are unsafe or are POS's.  I'll be damned if I am going to let Kel-Tec's name get drug through the mud when they went above and beyond in this matter.  I do not even own a KEl-Tec right now and it still makes me sick when some ignorant retard says "they go kB!".  

Glocks on the other hand....

Just kidding.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top