Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 8:15:44 AM EDT
Okay, so we know which forces of evil will be moving against us for the next presidential election. The question is, who are WE trying to get into office? Who do we have that will not only counter the liberal agenda, but actually be GOOD for us?

My vote goes for Ted Nugent. We've got just enough time for him to start gaining popularity prior to the campaign season. Now, can we get hold of him, or what?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:36:37 AM EDT
[#1]
ROY DAMN MERCER by God!!!!!

roy d.....I'll do it for the children
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:38:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Okay, so we know which forces of evil will be moving against us for the next presidential election. The question is, who are WE trying to get into office? Who do we have that will not only counter the liberal agenda, but actually be GOOD for us?

My vote goes for Ted Nugent. We've got just enough time for him to start gaining popularity prior to the campaign season. Now, can we get hold of him, or what?

Old Painless for President in 08
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:39:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
ROY DAMN MERCER by God!!!!!

roy d.....I'll do it for the children

+1  Might as well
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the Republican nominee will be a relative unknown, like George Bush. Most likely another governor.
Senators seem unelectable since they have a long record that can be contested.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:59:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Please don't do a write in vote for,  
Colt_SBR  

I don't want the job.  

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:01:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Who ever WE vote in, we have to make sure he can handle  full power body shot.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:03:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I would seriously like to see Governor Rick Perry run for President.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:05:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Ted Nugent, as cool as he is, is unelectable.

How many people do you think could seriously vote for this guy?

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:07:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd vote for Ted.  But what would his platform be?

--mort  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#10]
They're probably going to have to be a RINO to have much of a chance.  Guilliani comes to mind.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:10:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ballot-box O' truth.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:24:44 AM EDT
[#12]
At this point, I am the only one professional enough to hold office...so I am voting for myself

Actually, I will be curious to see if any candidate (with an actual chance) even comes close to representing my values and views. I tend to be on the fringe and as a result, few if any mainstream candidates have my interests in mind when creating thier platform.

Frankly, no matter who gets in, they are going to piss me off.
The question is, who will piss me off the least.
It will most likely be the one that takes the least amount of my income in the form of tax.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:29:17 AM EDT
[#13]
whatever you do make your 2008 vote count. its your last one.. lets go out with a bang..

wont matter after 2012..
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:35:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Tancredo from Colorado.

HH

ETA: If O_P runs, he's got my vote for sure...no matter WHO the other candidate is!

HH
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Maybe I should run.

I believe in…

Very strict mandatory assault rifle control. Every school child would be taught to properly control an assault rifle in the prone, kneeling, and standing position.

No weapon that is legal for the police to have would be illegal for a citizen to own provided the citizen meets the mental and moral standards police officers are required to meet. (In practice that means anyone who isn’t crazy or a felon could own full auto weapons.)

Legalizing drugs. But making anyone who manufacturers, sells, or uses them fully liable for any and all damages their product causes. No one would go to jail but we could sue the drug traffickers into non existence.

Vouchers for schools.

Public floggings would replace prison for most first time offenders in non violent crimes.

Criminals that are too dangerous to be released would be shot.

Pension plans would be outlawed. All retirement plans would be required to put money into individual retirement accounts. This includes Social Security.

Most welfare/social programs would be transferred to the states where they belong.

A Federal Sales tax would replace all other Federal taxes.

Term limits for Congress.

Serious modifications of the copyrights laws to reflect the changes in technology. (Screw the record companies and the hippy “artists” too)

A full and public review of every Federal law to make sure it’s justified under the Constitution and doesn’t violate the Bill of Rights. Any law found to be in violation would be repealed or the Constitution amended.

A Constitutional Amendment that mandates all Federal laws would expire after five years. (Bullshit might make it through once, but there would be a chance to correct the mistake every five years.)

Hands off the Internet.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:52:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I hereby appoint UH_SALT_RIFLE as my Campaign Manager.

"A chicken in every pot and an AR in every safe."
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:56:58 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Sold! You've got my vote.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:07:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I bet it'll be Bill Frist. Mark my words, when Nov '08 comes around Sen. Bill Frist will be the Republican Candidate.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:12:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hereby appoint UH_SALT_RIFLE as my Campaign Manager.

It is an honor and a privilege that I accept your appointment!

(deos this mean top secret access to the Box -o- Truth?)
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:29:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'd vote for Ted.  But what would his platform be?

--mort  

Summit tree stand.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:30:40 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Excellent choice.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:32:42 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I bet it'll be Bill Frist. Mark my words, when Nov '08 comes around Sen. Bill Frist will be the Republican Candidate.

my sentiments exactly, but I'd seriously consider voting for McCain.  

the democrats have maybe one or two viable candidates (Biden comes to mind), but right now I can't see them being much of a factor
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:57:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Watch & See...

Newt Gingrich is going to make a run for it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:00:16 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Excellent choice.

I agree...
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Well you know Hillary will run in 08. I don’t think she will be the democratic presidential top runner, but I think she will get the vice presidential ticket. Her theme song should be Elton John’s “The Bitch Is Back”.

I haven’t a clue who will be the republican nominee.
But I vote for Goofy before I vote for a ticket with Hillary on it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:25:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

my sentiments exactly, but I'd seriously consider voting for McCain.  

the democrats have maybe one or two viable candidates (Biden comes to mind), but right now I can't see them being much of a factor

Just curious as to why you would choose him over your Senator? I'm not knocking you at all, i'm just asking since you probably know more about him & his policies than i do. Is there anything in particular that you don't like about him?

thx!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:11:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Condi will be the next prez....I can feel it
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm not kidding, if the beast gets elected president, I'm moving to the fricking hills and staying there. I'll squat in a plywood cabin before I have anything to do with that express elevator to hell.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Imagine if all of ArfCom wrote in somebody, bet it would get some attention. Now we need to settle on a candidate. Yes I am serious
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:29:57 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
whatever you do make your 2008 vote count. its your last one.. lets go out with a bang..

wont matter after 2012..

You're not referring to that Mayan calander crap, are you?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Actually, I think it might be Jeb Bush.  But then we'd have the "Bush fatigue" factor up against the "Clinton fatigue" factor.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top