Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 4:34:13 PM EDT
Ok, A Friend and I did a 23 mile two day trip this past weekend.  I enjoyed it and now have the bug to get my own kayak.

I am looking for a rec kayak - prob 14 foot - would want it to do some river running (no rapids) fishing and duck hunting.

I learned that the car camping that I have done in the past  does not compare to what you can load up into two kayaks.  It is another step to go to the backpacking camping, but that would be left for another day.  I have been reworking my camping gear and setting it up to be lighter and more compact.

Does the Hive Mind have any recomendations.

Show what you got, and tell me anything that you need to know.

Thanks,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#1]
The Wilderness Systems Pungo is a great kayak for anything under class III white water, and class III is doable if it's not too technical. I have one and use it for camping, fishing, duck hunting, photography and hauling the dog out to islands on local lakes for swimming and such.

Its a little small for more than just a couple days camping, and you need to pack light. That's why I made the wife get a bigger yak - so she can carry more stuff.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:23:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:45:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 12ft Heritage Featherlite. Pretty good for flatwater stuff.

You can find lots of product reviews and links at Paddling.net.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:46:41 PM EDT
[#4]
never been but it looks hella fun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top