Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 3:43:50 PM EDT
Specifically today he was on TV saying he is wanting to ban people under 16 from using a social website currently known as myspace.com as well as having all the sexual images removed from it.  He claims that people looking to meet others and have casual sex aren't part of the business model.  WTF, he's an idiot as that was a good 50% of what myspace.com was before it became well known.  Now the site has expanded into a huge social network letting people look up the colleges and schools they attended and track down class mates, bands and other entertainment groups use it to get their name out there, there are thousands of groups that you can belong to and communicate with including firearm related groups...plus there are a lot of hot single chicks looking to meet guys.  This is just another example of the government thinking it knows what is best for people and screwing up something big for everyone.

Today it's myspace.come but tomorrow he might decide that the kind of talk that happens here in our General Discussion along with the talk of firearms is too dangerous and he will want to ban that as well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#1]
He's unclear on the concept of the Internet.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#2]
lol someone finally talked me into setting up a myspace profile.... within a half hour some fatty from my college was trying to talk to me
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:49:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
He's unclear on the concept of the Internet.

They didn't say if he was a democrat or republican, liberal or conservative but judging from the statements he made about how he wanted to regulate everyone "to save the children" I'm pretty sure he's a liberal democrat.  As you know ideas and concepts of realty don't apply to democrats they just come up with something grand and try to make it happen.  Facts and reason, no they don't that, he's going to save the world with his brilliant ideas.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#4]
They show also had a guest on from Forbes magazine who basically said that if you ban half the users and remove content then the site is no longer profitable to the company that just bought it.  The AG counted saying "maybe instead of banning the kids that they can have a seperate site to keep them away from the older kids...I mean teenagers...I mean adults".   What an idiot.  The host followed up with, "well wouldn't putting all the kids together in one area make it easier for the predators to get them"?  The Conneticut AG expression was .  Then the host slipped up and said "Well our time is up and this conversation is going nowhere.  I mean this conversation is over but this topic isn't going away."  lol, it was priceless.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:41:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Someone needs to show him this video clip video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5430343841227974645 so he understand what the internet is really for.  

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:46:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I love how dipshits have no idea how the web works. Please. Shut myspace down. I dozen more will pop up to replace it not to mention the many that already exist. Who says it has to be owned by a business. I'll set up my own and tell him to pound sand. Regulating the internet for the most part is impossible. We weave a very complicated web full of tunnels and unknown traffic.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:48:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
lol someone finally talked me into setting up a myspace profile.... within a half hour some fatty from my college was trying to talk to me

ouch
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:50:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I love how dipshits have no idea how the web works. Please. Shut myspace down. I dozen more will pop up to replace it not to mention the many that already exist. Who says it has to be owned by a business. I'll set up my own and tell him to pound sand. Regulating the internet for the most part is impossible. We weave a very complicated web full of tunnels and unknown traffic.

-Foxxz

yes please shut myspace down, i want to set up its replacement and make BILLIONS.

so far, the myscpace/ facebook creaters havent turned evil..... but they both have INCREDABLE DATABASES on 50 million people each... can you say datamining and targeted adds?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:03:20 PM EDT
[#10]
AFAIK, those under 16 ARE prohibited from using Myspace.
Christ man, liberals are like goddamn mothers.
At some point, you have to let go!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top