Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 3:31:33 PM EDT
Homosexuals constitute less than 1% of the US population. Why then are they featured prominently as the primary topic in about 97% of all television shows and movies???

Homosexuals on TV are like endlessly repeated Geico Ghey Cavemen commercials - Enough already!  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:33:11 PM EDT
[#1]
It's the "HOMO" Mafia!

It's the in thing to be a peeter puffer............Damn Queers!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:33:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Homosexuals constitute less than 1% of the US population. Why then are they featured prominently as the primary topic in about 97% of all television shows and movies???

Homosexuals on TV are like endlessly repeated Geico Ghey Cavemen commercials - Enough already!  

Because 97% of Hollywood is gay?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#4]
it's out of proportion
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:37:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a lesbian and a gay friend, and could care less what they do with their lifestyle, but I've noticed on shows like "MTV's Real World", geared toward the younger generation, they go way out of their way to have a gay or lesbian character as a standard cast member.  

I think they're using the show as a vehicle to make it seem more prominent than it really is, though unlike quite a few people here, I honestly don't give a damn if someone is gay or lesbian.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:38:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have a lesbian and a gay friend, and could care less what they do with their lifestyle, but I've noticed on shows like "MTV's Real World", geared toward the younger generation, they go way out of their way to have a gay or lesbian character as a standard cast member.  

I think they're using the show as a vehicle to make it seem more prominent than it really is, though unlike quite a few people here, I honestly don't give a damn if someone is gay or lesbian.

They do it with all forms of minorities pretty much.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They have great fashion sense, which is a unique quality in men?

You go girl.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:39:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Fashion for queers....Fuck their fashion.  

I wear carharts with which is enhanced by the gleaming of my chainsaw bar.  To finish of my walk down the runway I like to show of my Danner boots...Used for kicking queers.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:40:05 PM EDT
[#9]
poofters

IBTL
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:41:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Not just the real world but the show "Next" talk about over the top, MTV is going out of it's way to shove Homosexuality down our throats...the occational show on Bravo is fine but this "YOU MUST ACCEPT OUR GAYNESS!" is getting out of control.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:44:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Same reason over 1/2 of the movies nominated for Academy Awards this year were about gays:

-Brokeback Mountain

-Transamerica

-Capote

Same reason you can say whatever you want about Christians, but you can't say shit about Islam, Judaism, Hindi's etc.

Same reason the Boy Scouts are Evil and NAMBLA is good!

America has become Superman's Bizarro World!

WE ARE FUCKED!

END RANT
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Concerted propoganda attempt by gays and liberal media to make gay "behavior" morally acceptable (as opposed to morally reprehensible) to younger generations.  They hope to desensitize and dupe people into believing that it is so widespread as to be "normal."

Edit: When did being gay become "cool."  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:46:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Look at how many GD threads were started regarding 'Brokeback Mountian'.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#15]
it is part of the media's attempt to normalize aberrant and abhorrent  behaviour...

This is why I now pick what I watch very very carefully
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#16]
You don't have to watch and probably shouldn't watch as much TV.

If you watch the history channel, you will notice the gay rate is back down to 1%

And why are you concerned, worried about being converted?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

If you watch the history channel, you will notice the gay rate is back down to 1%

I think they are afraid their kids will be gay.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes
It's disgraceful.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Concerned? No. Fed up is more like it. Anybody can be gay if they want, but its not unlike any other liberal cause - they feel the need to shove it down your throat. Non-gays don't necessarily want to watch homo sex television 97% of the time. Its going to cause a backlash if they keep it up. It'll hurt their "cause", you mark my words.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:53:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Come on guys, none of you watched "Gay Rodeo" on A&E a few months ago.  It was a great show!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:53:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
it's out of proportion

+1
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#22]
because faggots are funny! And unlike retartds, its still pc to laugh at their antics.

And IIRC, its more than 1% of the population. And the shows I dont watch don't have a lot of gays in them.  Maybe you should shut off Queer as Folk and go outside ;o)
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:09:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
And IIRC, its more than 1% of the population.

No. The 3% figure bandied about 10 years ago is an admitted myth. Its less than 1%.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:12:37 PM EDT
[#24]
arfcom is way better than television.

you're just wasting money on cable, satellite, or whatever.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:15:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fashion for queers....Fuck their fashion.  

I wear carharts with which is enhanced by the gleaming of my chainsaw bar.  To finish of my walk down the runway I like to show of my Danner boots...Used for kicking queers.

Which is better, Danner or Bates?
Or something else? I do about 25 miles per week of walking.

Danners.  Or, iff you can afford them, Kuliens.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Gheyness is the most effective way to avoid pregnancy.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:17:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Too much gayness.  

Max
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#29]
The gayness trend is just a trend.

Eventually, something else will come along and the sheep will run along bleating after it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#30]
The gayness may be overdone, but like other Liberal causes, no one is being converted.

We still have a Repub Congress, Repub white house, and a right of center Supreme Court.

Gay media is just a trend almost over.
Will & Grace cancelled
Capote, under 100 million
Brokeback, under 100 million

One of the hottest & funniest movies of the year was Wedding Crashers, about one night stands hetereosexual sex, and hetersexual weddings.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:27:45 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Conditioning the public...

What is vile and wrong to you and I (and an abomination to God), will be commonplace and acceptable to the next generation.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:23:11 AM EDT
[#32]
A$$-fXXking is very stylish right now.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:28:49 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
because faggots are funny! And unlike retartds, its still pc to laugh at their antics.

And IIRC, its more than 1% of the population. And the shows I dont watch don't have a lot of gays in them.  Maybe you should shut off Queer as Folk and go outside ;o)

I gotta agree with this one, minus the bad speeling...good points!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:50:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Why?

2 Timothy 3:1  This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3  Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4  Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

That's why.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:00:45 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Not just the real world but the show "Next" talk about over the top, MTV is going out of it's way to shove Homosexuality down our throats...the occational show on Bravo is fine but this "YOU MUST ACCEPT OUR GAYNESS!" is getting out of control.

No shit!  Date my Mom, Next, Room Raiders, Blind Date,Parental Control,  all those goddamn show have at least one butt-plugger special case per episode.  They are trying to make more people accept fag-dom as normal everyday stuff.   except it isn't and you can't help but see how promiscuious they are on the shows.  The "breeders" and "straight-ies" on the shows are really just out there trying to find a mate and you can see it in their behavior.   The queers on the shows, both gay and lesbian, are just on their to find a fuck partner.  Hell on Next, the queers on the bus hook up with EACH OTHER, and they are "contestants"
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:18:32 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit!  Date my Mom, Next, Room Raiders, Blind Date,Parental Control,  all those goddamn show have at least one butt-plugger special case per episode.  They are trying to make more people accept fag-dom as normal everyday stuff.   except it isn't and you can't help but see how promiscuious they are on the shows.  The "breeders" and "straight-ies" on the shows are really just out there trying to find a mate and you can see it in their behavior.   The queers on the shows, both gay and lesbian, are just on their to find a fuck partner.  Hell on Next, the queers on the bus hook up with EACH OTHER, and they are "contestants"

You actually watch this shit?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:24:16 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You actually watch this shit?

The wife surfs through MTV pretty often looking for her favorite acts (musically)  and you would NOT believe how often these trash shows are on and are repeated.  (I have to admit, the hot lesbian ones suck me in....) .  I really REALLY think the owners/program directors on MTV have a motive behind these shows and it is to break down the moral fabric of our younger generations.  The videos are tantamount to p0rn, the shows ARE p0rn, and the viewpoints expressed are anti-family and pro-(do whatever FEELS good)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top