Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 3:19:42 PM EDT
I finally bought a new mountain bike I have been looking for the past 6 months. I just got back from the first ride on it and damn am I out of shape.

Gary Fisher Tassajara
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:20:47 PM EDT
[#1]
looks nice!  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#2]
One of the best bikes on the market for it's price.

Good Buy!

SG
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice....Where do you ride?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Uhhhh, dood, you're short one engine.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:33:39 PM EDT
[#5]
are you still in P'cola?  if so, UWF has some bad ass trails.  check em out.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:36:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Im also in the market. Been surfing all over and think Ill get a used one becuase you can get alot more features for less money. Ive been looking at the fisher mullet and thats by far my favorite. What specs did you like about this one? Looks real nice although Im set on disc brakes.  Also if you dont mind how much did it cost?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Bikes, did somebody say new bikes:

Unfortunately the 2 x P3 Carbons are not mine.  Just builds that I am doing.  The two on the wall (Soloist Team and P2SL) are mine.

A little more detail on the very droolworthy P3C.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I dont know what that is but it looks sexy, fast, and expensive!!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I dont know what that is but it looks sexy, fast, and expensive!!!

Cervelo P3 Carbon ridden to victory in the 2005 Tour de France stage 1 by American Dave Zabriske in the fastest ever Tour de France time trial - 54.676 kph (33.9 mph).  He was the 3rd American ever to wear the yellow jersey after that ride.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:56:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I finally bought a new mountain bike I have been looking for the past 6 months. I just got back from the first ride on it and damn am I out of shape.

Gary Fisher Tassajara
www.rabidchicken.com/pics/dscn0416.jpg

Nice mountain bike.  In the background of my first pic is a 10 year old Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo that has seen a lot of action.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:01:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like you're in Fla.  You need to climb one of these summits...

americasroof.com/highest/fl.shtml

Lot of 300 footers to choose from....
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:04:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Could be worse.  Here in Norfolk/VA Beach the highest point above sea level is Mt. Trashmore (yes that is the real name) at 68 feet above MSL.  Mt. Trashmore is a former landfill that is now a park.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I rode in Colorado for 4 years. Did some big climbs. While out west I also got to hit Moab, UT. The trails here suck but at least there are trails.

I am still in Pensacola. I have been riding UWF's trail system off and on since 1992.

Im also in the market. Been surfing all over and think Ill get a used one becuase you can get alot more features for less money. Ive been looking at the fisher mullet and thats by far my favorite. What specs did you like about this one? Looks real nice although Im set on disc brakes. Also if you dont mind how much did it cost?

I wanted something with at least LX components. I like the fork and the frame. Those were the selling pounts for me. I paid $699.99 for the bike. Probably the cheapest bike I have ever bought. I used to race before I broke my neck and put on 40lbs. I just don't see the need for XTR components, carbon fiber hubs, and kevlar wheels anymore. They get too expensive to replace. I am now a weekend warrior
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:39:32 PM EDT
[#14]
cool bike I got a ffew of my own
The Stable:
Redline BMX, Spec. P1 single speed dirt jumper, Spec. P2 trail/jump, Santa Cruz Heckler Freeride/downhill, Peugeot road bike(antique)
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice Bike!  Make sure you use it...  

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:59:47 PM EDT
[#16]
never did like the ones you had to petal......maybe that's why i'm a lard ass......................

jake
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:06:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Just got mine haha talk about timing from my first post. $460 shipped for a like new 800 bike-
Rocky Mountain Trailhead
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top