Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 3:07:08 PM EDT
I see boxes and boxes of used magazines for sale all the time.  Are these people getting them at  a government auction? I know about the government liquidation site but never see magazines up for bid.  Is there another way to buy bulk from the government?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:09:20 PM EDT
[#1]
most are POS knockoff ones.  hold a real usgi one up against a gun show bin mag and see the difference
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:09:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably left over from before Billy Boy signed his Executive Order
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
most are POS knockoff ones.  hold a real usgi one up against a gun show bin mag and see the difference

I very rarely ever see knockoff AR/M16 mags.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:24:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm talking about all of those used GI magazines and Colts, not USA®  crap.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:58:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Good question. I've always wondered that too.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I know some time right before the AWB, my uncle gave me two 30-rnd M-16 mags he had when he got out of the army. They're still floating around somewhere, but I haven't seen them in years.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:18:10 PM EDT
[#7]
back in the 80's you could pick up tons of them at any army navy store for next to nothing.  They were two bucks each for 30 rounders.  Once the ban came things changed and the prices went down but nothing like it was before.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:23:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Someone in SF posted a place where you can buy brand new mags (and MWCs and MFCs) straight from the mfr for pretty good prices a while back.  I forget what the site was, hopefully someone will chime in.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#9]
tag
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I remember back in '93 there was a threat of an AWB so I went to the gun show and bought all the good condition 20's that I could get ahold of. They had already jacked the prices up on 30-rounders, so I concentrated on used 20-rounders to save a buck. I picked up several of them for $2-3 that day. If I remember correctly, those scalpers were trying to sell a well-used 30-rounder for $5 when a NIW was $6 at the surplus store. I still have three of them out of the wrapper with $6 stickers on them.

You can get brand new 30-rounders with a Magpul follower for less than $10 (which is fair considering that a $6 mag would be $12 after inflation) which is a better deal to me.

I think the 10 for $100 shipped NIW magazines are the new $2 mags.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:54:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I think they have been having too many little kids sign-in to the board, and they are trying to get rid of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top