Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 2:36:55 PM EDT
As far as I know it is not illegal to own any books. But  I have heard that the government tracks who buys/checks out from the library certain books, such as Mein Kompf and The Anarchist Cookbook. Is that true and if so is that even legal?  Just wondering because that seems like that would be a violation of  our right to privacy.

James
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:50:52 PM EDT
[#1]
The Constitution says we have the right to keep and bear arms.  Does that stop them?

The Constitution says we have the right to be free from unreasonable search and seizure in our persons and possesions except from a court order and probable cause.  Does that stop railways, airports,  police,  etc. from searching you?

I think ALL books are probably logged.  Wether or not it is mein kemp or anarchists cookbook.  A chemistry book is alot more dangerous then the Anarchists Cookbook will ever be.  And well Mein Kempf isnt really that dangerous.  I read it.  I am convinced that our government is evil and is at a point of self preservation right now.  And I dont think they will stop for the Constitution or anything else.  I always assume the worse that all my Amazon.com orders are logged,  all my internet traffick is logged,  some computer algorithm is profiling me based on my interests and words,  etc.  I think you're stupid if you think they stop at a "few" select books.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top