Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/21/2006 1:59:51 PM EDT
Hi Guys, I'm 14 years old but  don't hold that against me.

Been getting into firearms the last couple years but I've been shooting for almost as long as I can remember. My Dad has a few guns and he's been helping me work on my collection.

So far I've got...

Colt 6920 AR-15
Maadi AKM
DSA Para FAL
Beretta M9
HK USP
Sig P226
Remington 870
Remington 11/87

I'd have more but there just isn't enough work around the house to do and it was hard enough to earn the money for what I have so far.

Anyway I've been checking out this site for the last month or so, I was referred here by a regular member. I've already learned a lot from just reading around the forum and I can already tell I'm gonna learn a lot more.

OK, off to finish my homework. If I keep my grades up I think I might have my Dad talked into the Aimpoint I want.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:01:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the forum...

Hope your not another FOX
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy shit! how much do you get paid for work around the house?

ETA when I was your age I thought I was well Armed with a Soviet SKS, a HR 12Guage, and a 10/22
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Been getting into firearms the last couple years but I've been shooting for almost as long as I can remember. My Dad has a few guns and he's been helping me work on my collection.

So far I've got...

Colt 6920 AR-15
Maadi AKM
DSA Para FAL
Beretta M9
HK USP
Sig P226
Remington 870
Remington 11/87

I'd have more but there just isn't enough work around the house to do and it was hard enough to earn the money for what I have so far.

Anyway I've been checking out this site for the last month or so, I was referred here by a regular member. I've already learned a lot from just reading around the forum and I can already tell I'm gonna learn a lot more.

OK, off to finish my homework. If I keep my grades up I think I might have my Dad talked into the Aimpoint I want.

I think your the youngest one here. Welcome to the forum..........
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

So far I've got...

Colt 6920 AR-15
Maadi AKM
DSA Para FAL
Beretta M9
HK USP
Sig P226
Remington 870
Remington 11/87

DAMN, you have awesome parents.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:14:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Pics MAN...PICS!!

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:16:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I wish my mommy and daddy gave me money.....
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:16:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome!*
*as long as you aren't friends with 13thWarrior
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:17:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome!

Tell your dad I would like to "do work around your house" haha

very nice collection!

Post pics!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#9]
This kid has a hell of a collection for 14 yrs old. Hell, there are some 30yr olds on this very board that are not that well armed.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll believe this when I see pics of you holding your student ID and all those guns lined up.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:26:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'll believe this when I see pics of you holding your student ID and all those guns lined up.

Yeah, I hate to do it, but I'm calling on that gun collection until further evidence proves otherwise.

Not even one cheapy in that list.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Welcome!!

Don't mind Mogwar, he's just your typical 47 year old single guy, living with his parents and working at Mickey D's.

By the way, Mogwar, YA'NT FRIES WIT DAT?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:28:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm sure all the weapons belong to his father and he just gets to use them sometimes and thats cool...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Geez. 4k + worth of guns from work around the house? What did you do . . . add another wing?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll believe this when I see pics of you holding your student ID and all those guns lined up.hr

Yeah, I hate to do it, but I'm calling jobrelatedstuff.com/images/smilies/anim_bs.gif on that gun collection until further evidence proves otherwise.

Not even one cheapy in that list. hinking.gif

Well let's make this interesting.

You guys are certain I don't have these guns. What are you willing to bet? I could always use some extra mags.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:32:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I hate to do it, but I'm calling jobrelatedstuff.com/images/smilies/anim_bs.gif on that gun collection until further evidence proves otherwise.

You guys are certain I don't have these guns. What are you willing to bet? I could always use some extra mags.

I'm not certain, and I'm not betting. Heck, you may actually have all those guns in your house, but I'd be very surprised if they were yours and not your dad's or something. Maybe showing us some pay stubs would be better.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:33:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very nice, you've been here for a few minutes and already a smartass, lets just see those pics then.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

ETA when I was your age I thought I was well Armed with a Soviet SKS, a HR 12Guage, and a 10/22hock.gif

I'm always scheming a way to get more cash. I do pretty good already, I'm sure you'd balk at the norm of allowances in my neighborhood. In addition to that I convinced my Dad to cancel the lawn service and give me the job (he does pay me more than he paid them) and I do his computer tech stuff (he pays me pretty good to wipe his drive and do a reinstall every 4 months). Thankfully I pretty computer savy for my age and my Dad just isn't.

Lots of other things to but they are too boring to list.

But it is range time and ammo that kill my cash flow more than anything. Well that and movies and mall food with my girlfriend.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Hey JustAKid, don't take this personally, but I have to agree with MOGWAR.

Way too many trolls around here.

Travis
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:35:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Not to be the antagonist or anything, but that list is strikingly similar to the list of available weapons in counter-strike.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:35:43 PM EDT
[#21]
You can out-spell most of the people on here.

Welcome aboard kid.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll believe this when I see pics of you holding your student ID and all those guns lined up.hr

I'm not certain, and I'm not betting. Heck, you may actually have all those guns in your house, but I'd be very surprised if they were yours and not your dad's or something. Maybe showing us some pay stubs would be better. h.gif

Maybe I could show you the credit card statements, our home address and the times we will and won't be home. I'm not sure I'm gonna find a way to prove they are mine and not my Dads that will satisfy you.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:35:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA when I was your age I thought I was well Armed with a Soviet SKS, a HR 12Guage, and a 10/22

I'm always scheming a way to get more cash. I do pretty good already, I'm sure you'd balk at the norm of allowances in my neighborhood. In addition to that I convinced my Dad to cancel the lawn service and give me the job (he does pay me more than he paid them) and I do his computer tech stuff (he pays me pretty good to wipe his drive and do a reinstall every 4 months). Thankfully I pretty computer savy for my age and my Dad just isn't.

But it is range time and ammo that kill my cash flow more than anything. Well that and movies and mall food with both my girlfriends.

Ah, what the hell. You're on a roll.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Not to be the antagonist or anything, but that list is strikingly similar to the list of available weapons in counter-strike.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:36:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But it is range time and ammo that kill my cash flow more than anything. Well that and movies and mall food with my girlfriend.

No way in hell that you have all that and a girlfriend.....must be a brokeback "girlfriend"    
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very nice, you've been here for a few minutes and already a smartass, lets just see those pics then.hr

Well since you asked nice.  It will have to wait till after dinner though.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:36:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Welcome!!

Don't mind Mogwar, he's just your typical 47 year old single guy, living with his parents and working at Mickey D's.

By the way, Mogwar, YA'NT FRIES WIT DAT?

No thanks 80fl, anf FYI before starting shit with me ya might to find out from those that know me that I am none of the things stated, not by a long shot.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:37:33 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet the collection you have listed is your fathers collection or you pulled the firearms listed out of a Guns & Ammo magazine.

What I need from you is a picture of one of those firearms sitting on top of todays newspaper.

(Make sure the serial number is not pictured)

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Maybe I could show you the credit card statements, our home address and the times we will and won't be home.

Nobody's asking that.

BTW, that sounds an aweful lot like OPSEC card pulled by spec ops posers when they are pressed.

I'm not sure I'm gonna find a way to prove they are mine and not my Dads that will satisfy you.

Probably not. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence . . .  I just think it's odd that you came here and announced your entire collection first thing. For all I know, you may own all those (and if so, props to you), but I don't think yours was the best way to go about telling us. It's a pretty tough crowd here, and you're gonna have a hard time convincing anyone or gaining credibility.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:39:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
This kid has a hell of a collection for 14 yrs old. Hell, there are some 30yr olds on this very board that are not that well armed.

True.  All I've got is a 10/22 and a .38
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:40:04 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No one said they were "certain" that you didn't. I said I was calling BS until more evidence proves otherwise. I stand by that and still call BS until YOU prove otherwise.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#32]
I have seen adult posters make intro posts the same way.

I was 14 when I started here, but my collection wasn't as nice. Don't let the haters get you down!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Dont walk on any lawns around here.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

That was low
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:42:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Well Welcom to the site and that is a hell of a collection. I know that I only wished I had that kind of collection at that age. I dont even have that much at my age.

James
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:42:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone know what state you can own a pistol at age 14?  Just wonderin?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:44:33 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was low

From some of the posts in that thread its the truth.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:44:51 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

None that I know of. I started to mention that myself, but it seemed a waste of time to get into specifics with him.

I'll be the first to retract my if solid evidence proves he's not full of shit.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#39]
It's not uncommon for young people to "own" firearms insofar that their dad actually owns them, but the kids money is what went over the counter at the gun store. When the kid reaches legal age, the weapon is now fully his.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

None that I know of. I started to mention that myself, but it seemed a waste of time to get into specifics with him.

I'll be the first to retract my jobrelatedstuff.com/images/smilies/anim_bs.gif if solid evidence proves he's not full of shit.

I'll be right behind ya
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll be the first to retract my jobrelatedstuff.com/images/smilies/anim_bs.gif if solid evidence proves he's not full of shit.

I'll be right behind ya

Well, I think what he would have to be prove is that he actually made that much money in two years or so (don't forget the money that's burned up at the range, on ammo, at the movies, and on his girlfriend). There really isn't a way to do that. The guns aren't the unbelievable part.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:55:05 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
It's not uncommon for young people to "own" firearms insofar that their dad actually owns them, but the kids money is what went over the counter at the gun store. When the kid reaches legal age, the weapon is now fully his.

+1 and read allot, talk to folks who know and you can become an expert rather quickly.

Danny
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#43]
don't turn into another young troll like 13th Warrior
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Since daddy buys the food and pays for rent clothes, all that shit, you should do the lawn fo rfree just to earn your keep.  I did.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:01:34 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 and read allot, talk to folks who know and you can become an expert rather quickly.

Danny

Damn straight bro, I should know!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:02:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Welcome to ArfCom JustaKid

As long as you aren't a you'll do fine. Lookin' forward to pics of your "Collection"
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Hi there i am 16 and have a:

1911A1 GI by SA
Browning BDA .380
22/45 ruger
Yugo SKS
Marlin Lever-Action .410
CETME
Remington Pump-Action .22
Enfield MK4
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:10:32 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think I like this kid already.

Let's see some pics!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:10:35 PM EDT
[#50]
If you have them, what's so hard about posting a picture? I never asked anyone to bet me that I didn't have a MC Painted AR. Just stop dicking around and post the pictures. Not for the reason of proof that you have them.. for the gun porn, boy!

And we're not talking about CS Skins. We don't need em.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top