Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 12:12:47 PM EDT
you can find this at the bottom of this page

70 lumens, 180 minutes run time, comes with a spare bulb, spare battery, holster, and clip for 34.95

I picked up two (birthday gifts for friends) as it appears to be a good deal.

Anybody had any experience with these?

I own a couple surefires, but these two are for buddies not best friends.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:13:41 PM EDT
[#1]
let me know how that works out for you.  i want a good small flashlight, but don't want to shell out $50+ for a surefire
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
let me know how that works out for you.  i want a good small flashlight, but don't want to shell out $50+ for a surefire

I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" but there is a slight chance that this is a quality product that doesn't have the right "name".

Buy a Surefire, I own an A2 (red) and an E2...wouldn't have anything else.

If you still don't want a Surefire...I'll let you know how these work out.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#3]
tag for review?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:24:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought two of the "police" flashlights off of lighthound on ebay.

They were intended to be gifts but the damned things work too well to give away.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:25:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I went to their website and they have a pretty extensive selection.  Some of their flashlights are digitally regulated (longer run-times) although this comes with a commensurate price increase (a la Surefire).

I'll keep you informed as it appears no one else has used these before...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a few of these last spring when they came out and they gave out the discount here.  I bought them as a cheaper substitute for a G2.  They work decent.  Not quite as good beam quality as Surefire, but at half the cost and an aluminum body, I am not complaining.  I gave them to my brother, father, brother in law too, no problems yet.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:12:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got 2 of the 125 lumen with Li-Po battery.

Holeee crap!  That thing is bright!

I mounted one to my AR to shoot at the range and see if I could break it.
Shot about 500 rds w/ no apparent ill effect to the light.

They are a great deal for the money IMHO.  I first bought one at a gun show because they
impressed me enough.  They are constantly improving their stuff.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#9]
For those that are curious,
I received my flashlight from DigiLight today...

I ordered 2 of model # 1000XB-AE 6V Xenon Tactical Flashlight.
The flashlight ships with:  Waterproof spare battery and buld case, adjustable lanyard, spare 6V Xenon bulb, nylon carrying case with pocket for the "spares" case, removable steel pocket clip, 2 rubber grip/insulator sleeves (one long and textured, the other short-I suppose to allow room for a mount for picatinny rails).  A five year limited warranty is included.

The outward quality appears good (anodized aluminum case, o ring seals, fairly heavy gauge aluminum walls).

The light advertises 70 lumens w/ a 70 minute continuous run time.  

What I found, performance-wise, was that the light was bright yet not as focused as my Surefire (A2 used as comparison).  A slight turn of the forward assembly (think Mag Light) focused the light a bit  resulting in a tighter central beam with enough outer "aura" so that objects on the fringe of the beam could still be identified.  

From ten feet away, pointed at a wall in the house, the entire beam appeared to be about 10 feet in diameter, with a centrally focused bright spot.

I ordered 2 of these from Dillon Precision and paid (including shipping- Fed-Ex ground std.) $79.89.

You can order this same model from Digi-Light's website for about $26 not including shipping.  When I went to order them from the site they were backordered and I'm impatient so I coughed up the extra 10 bucks.

Several spare flashlights around the house is not a bad thing to have.  For the money this particular model from DigiLight is a bargain and certainly worthy of consideration for those of you who need a spare or two.

Mine is going in the jeep, along with my larger maglight.  The other is going to a friend for his birthday.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Brinkmann Maxfire LX. $19.95 at Wally World, including the batteries.

As bright as a G2. Good reports on ruggedness.

aa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top