Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 10:02:28 AM EDT
Anyone have one, any thoughts ?
Not necessarily this color, but the same style.
www.buckknives.com/catalog/detail/473/233
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one. They are good to go. Also you will find these for sale in the $50 range on ebay.

Mine was sharp enough that it cut my thumb out of the box. Beware.

The grip panels are a little sharp, some have buffed them down a little so they aren't quite so sharp, but I left mine alone.

Action is stiff initially, but loosens up with a little work. Pocket clip is reversible and blade is under 3.5".
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought the liner lock was a little thin but never had a problem.
All in all it is a good knife for the price.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:40:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got the same knife.  I've owned several SnG's (which this is modeled after) and several other Striders as well.   This knife is a great product from Buck and only wish they had put it out sooner.  I'm now considering getting another either in Black or OD.  Good knife......go for it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:40:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a Buck/Strider and it was great.  For the money, the Buck/Striders are tough to beat.  Especially considering you would have to spend hundreds more to get the Strider SMF.  I haven't heard anything bad about them.  You might check out the size in person if you haven't yet to make sure it's to your liking.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies.  Anyone know where they're made ?
USA I hope.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like a good knife.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:34:51 PM EDT
[#7]
the fixed blade strider feels tough but it is heavy.

I'd buy 1 but it would be down on the list in order of knives to buy because of the weight.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:39:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Loks like a good folder to me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top