Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 8:34:44 AM EDT
Does anyone have a setup like this?  A hidden panel or something like that in a wall.  I'll be building a headboard soon, and I could incorporate something there as well.  SOmething large enough for a gun vault but with quick access.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#1]
You are violating the third rule of the SSS theory.

Mike

ps - on a public forum no less....
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:41:03 AM EDT
[#2]
KISS

don't go putting in something complicated that you will have to fumblefuck with in the dark
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:41:06 AM EDT
[#3]
They sell some handgun safes that can be installed between 2x4's. I want to get one.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:42:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I hide my handgun under my foreskin
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:45:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Eww...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eww...

+87 billion!  
Seriously, I'm not thinking something too coplicated.  A compartment with hidden hinges and one of those catches that you just push on to open.  I have paneling so the seams will be easy to hide.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:49:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Watch the Woody Allen film SLEEPER to get some ideas.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:57:23 AM EDT
[#8]
tag in case anyone says something useful.  this summer i may be looking to keep my AR or a handgun with me where i live, and i dont want anyone else knowing about it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:58:23 AM EDT
[#9]
My waist..

I have no kids crawling around my place, and I still don't like leaving guns in an easy access area.  I usually keep mine in my safe.  If not in the safe, I find an inconspicuous place, but even then its only for a short duration.

I think you said you haves some kids around, so whatever you do, just remember, kids can be curious.  

Edit - Some places you could stash it:
In your dirty laundry basket; with some linens; under some reading magazines; anywhere you can think of that doesn't appear obvious!    
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:11:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You too?!?!?!  

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:14:51 AM EDT
[#11]
We looked into one of those small safes that fix underneath a nightstand/bedside table that are big enough for one pistol so as to have something easily accessible at night.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:23:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Sportsmans Liquidators has some thick picture frames that are hinged with a handgun compartment inside.  You place a picture of you choice in the frame.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:32:37 AM EDT
[#13]
might be easier to install a sliding drawer attached to your bed frame so you need only roll to the side and reach under the box spring to arm yourself.

you could also (assuming this is about that stalker guy you wrote about in another thread) put a noise maker in the hallway leading to your bedroom.  A fishing line 10 inches off the ground with some cans, bells, or whatever will signal you of any impending problem.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#14]
                                                                                                                                                 .
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:40:05 AM EDT
[#15]
I have one in my truck.  Nice little spot I found under some molding.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top