Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2006 7:17:15 PM EDT
I got a call from a number that is not in Google and not in www.anywho.com.  I don't feel like calling the number, so those who suggest that I merely call 'em back can click here for clarification.

I'm sure someone here knows of a free alternative to one of those pay-sites that allow one to look up unlisted numbers and conduct background checks on whomever, whenever.

Thanks!

<~~~Post #1500!  Do I qualify for a cookie or something?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#1]
^

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#2]
This doesn't list all numbers either, but in my limited experience it lists more than anywho.com:

Verizon SuperPages Reverse Lookup

It's worth a try, at least.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#3]
www.411.com Sometimes has numbers not anywhere else
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:19:24 AM EDT
[#4]
None of those still have my cell number
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:23:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:28:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
None of those still have my cell number

I wouldn't expect them to.  As far as I know, they only include listed numbers, and cell phone numbers aren't listed.  Of course, that probably leaves JS98010 out of luck in his search for free information.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:37:08 AM EDT
[#7]
So what that someone called you?  If it is important, they'll call back.  YOUR phone is for YOUR convenience, not theirs.

Look at it from the other end... I got a call one day, a woman said, "You called me?"  

AFM:  "Uh, no, I don't think so.  Tell me who you are and I'll tell you if I called you or not."

Woman:  "Who I am is none of your business... you called me.  It's on my caller ID."

AFM:  "I don't think it was me.  Maybe it was my wife who called you.  Or maybe one of my kids was calling one of your kids."

Woman:  "Well you called me, it's got your number right here."

AFM:  "No, I didn't, but perhaps someone from here did.  If it's important, they'll call you back.  But I promise you, I didn't call you, and I won't call you in the future, whoever you are."

Woman:  "Well don't call here again!!!"  (Slams phone down.)

I guess I'm the rude one.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top