Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 4:54:58 PM EDT
So as I'm turning onto my block I see new the news cameras and satellite trucks.  There was nothing else going on and we have some elections coming up so I didn't think too much of it but I couldn't let it go because the reporters were big city reporters and they only come out when something big happens.  So I pull in my drive, run in house, and flip on the news just in time to see a dozen police officers with guns drawn some with AR15s storming the house I had just driven by!  Turns out some 50 year old nutcase wanted to see his ex girlfriend so first he tried kicking down her door, then he pulled out a gun and shot the lock and forced his way in, forced her to strip and attempted to rape her.  The cops were called and after 45 minutes of negotiating with him they got him to throw his revolver out the window and that's when they stormed the building.

That was a pretty messed up situation.  During that time the cops went to the houses next door and got everyone out.  I have friends at the end of the block they went up to the their third floor where they had a birds eye view and watched the whole thing happen.  The sad part of the story is directly across the street is a day care run by the local church.  No one over there was hurt but it's sad that someone that sick was that close to kids that young.

So in the last 3 weeks within 1 block of my house: my g/f car was broken into, someone cased my truck, and now we have this nut job.  I've been here 4 years and this is the first month anything bad has ever happend around here.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I've come home twice to see a SWAT team set up outside in my neighborhood, with snipers and all.  Once they were picking upa 13 year old kid for armed robbery, and the other one I still don't know about yet.  This doesn't happen around here, so I was a little (ok, a lot) nervous.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The answer is Chuck Norris.  What was the question?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Here are some pictures my friends took during the standoff.  shell.reverse.net/~bort/hostage/
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:13:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting...

I saw FBI swarm a neighbors house before... I was outside and a car pulled up into my drive way very fast.. two guys jumped out and asked me which house was "*********" I pointed next door and they ran over and the next cars pulled up infront his driveway, 2 went to the back door and 4 to the front. It was someone my neighbor met at a bar when he was drunk and he let emm stay with him. They grabbed the dude pushed him into a car, frisked him and cuffed him

Had pathetic neighbors, three shootings, two stabbings multiple fights and seen many arrests. Once a .22 bullet even hit my house when a woman tried to kill my neighbor. My Dad was pissed about that.

Also once someone tried to kill my dad in our backyard when he was working at night... fired two rounds at him from a pistol but missed. My dads brother was bad into drugs and was staying with us for a short time while trying to straighten up.

Needless to say we moved to the country. Nice not to have to sleep with a gun in your hand.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:14:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Someone just got OWNED.

I love the defeated look on the guys face while he's doing the Felon Shuffle.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I only have one question.......Did he own the revolver legally?.......
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:59:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I heard this morning that the guy taken into custody only wanted to talk to his ex-girlfriend and things got out of hand and that now she doesn't want to press charges because "they are in love and are going to get married".  Even if she doesn't press charges the cops can still nail him on the firearm charges.  How typical of this type of situation.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:01:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I heard this morning that the guy taken into custody only wanted to talk to his ex-girlfriend and things got out of hand and that now she doesn't want to press charges because "they are in love and are going to get married".  Even if she doesn't press charges the cops can still nail him on the firearm charges.  How typical of this type of situation.

BTDT

Make an arrest for DV, majority of the time the wife/gf beats you to the jail to bond him out.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:06:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Let's look at that pic, Swire.

Starting on the left, what is Officer #1 pointing his pistol at?

Officer #2 is kneeling beside the telephone pole.  If a firefight starts, he is not going to be very mobile.

Officer #3 is standing in front of the door, inviting someone to shoot him through the door.

Officer #4 is pointing his shotgun at Jesus.

Officer #5 is standing right in front of a window, inviting someone to shoot him through the window.

These boys need a little training.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:13:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
shell.reverse.net/~bort/hostage/DSCN3229.JPG

Officer #2 is kneeling beside the telephone pole.  If a firefight starts, he is not going to be very mobile.

Officer #3 is standing in front of the door, inviting someone to shoot him through the door.

Officer #5 is standing right in front of a window, inviting someone to shoot him through the window.

I like their blue uniforms.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:15:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:17:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Note to self, careful when eating and reading my old pal Painless' posts when his sense of homour in gear.

+1
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:20:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Does KY have something like this similar to FL:

-Exhibit a firearm within 1000 feet of a school, 3rd degree felony.
-Discharge a firearm while violating the above law and it is a second degree felony.

Those laws do not apply if you are the property owner or have the property owners' permission to exhibit or discharge a weapon in an otherwise lawful manner.

Looks like this guy should be doing some time regardless of what he gets charged with.  

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:23:22 AM EDT
[#16]
/
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:23:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Too bad they didn't shoot the fucker.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:25:31 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Make an arrest for DV, majority of the time the wife/gf beats you to the jail to bond him out.

That's probably about how long it takes for the emotion to drain out of the situation.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:30:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i'm no expert but it looks to me like officer #2 is about 20-30 feet in front of the telephone pole.  also i figure that officer #3 is talking to someone behind the door-still don't think it's smart, but at least he's not building a campfire there.  just my .02

jake
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:36:31 AM EDT
[#20]
I can never live in a city ever again.  The houses are to close to each other.  

Good luck to you SWIRE, I hope it's just a freak month for ya.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:42:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like their blue uniforms.  

Swire,you mean to tell me YOU live in Georgetown???? Boot the Mutt out!!! I hear Tony Hampton's gonna run for Sherrif!
I went to school with a few higher ups on the G-town police dept.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Owch.  Good observations though.  Funny too.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:51:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok a little background on the building.  It's an old huge house that has been turned into apartments.  It's at least 2 apartments but probably 4 apartments.  There are 4 electric meters on the side of the building.  

Officer #1 is standing to the side of the window to the upstairs apartment, which is where the guy was.  His gun is properly trained on the window.  Why the guy with the pistol has that position is beyond me, the video footage shown by the news clearly showed people with AR-15s walking around.

Officer #2 is kneeling but as someone stated he's a good 20 to 30 feet in front of the pole.  His gun is trained on the balcony door leading from the second floor apartment where the suspect is at.

Officer #3 the suspect was on the second floor.  The officer was trying to gain entry to the building.

Officer #4 appears in several pictures always holding the shotgun in that manner.  I think it is too heavy for him to hold properly.

Officer #5 is standing in front of a window but the suspect is on a different floor in a different unit.  I'm not sure what position he is covering as he is next to the house, can't move, isn't covering the window, isn't covering the balcony, and has his gun at low ready which does him no good.

Officer #6, you missed one.  Is standing on the porch next officer #3 but mostly hidden by the telephone pole .  That is the negotiator who was on the phone with the suspect.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:04:30 AM EDT
[#24]
This used to be a quiet little town,until Toyota came. Now we also have TONs of illegals(if they're here to work,why are they all hanging around the Quick-Mart?)
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:37:41 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok a little background on the building.  It's an old huge house that has been turned into apartments.  It's at least 2 apartments but probably 4 apartments.  There are 4 electric meters on the side of the building.  

Officer #1 is standing to the side of the window to the upstairs apartment, which is where the guy was.  His gun is properly trained on the window.  Why the guy with the pistol has that position is beyond me, the video footage shown by the news clearly showed people with AR-15s walking around.

Officer #2 is kneeling but as someone stated he's a good 20 to 30 feet in front of the pole.  His gun is trained on the balcony door leading from the second floor apartment where the suspect is at.

Officer #3 the suspect was on the second floor.  The officer was trying to gain entry to the building.

Officer #4 appears in several pictures always holding the shotgun in that manner.  I think it is too heavy for him to hold properly.

Officer #5 is standing in front of a window but the suspect is on a different floor in a different unit.  I'm not sure what position he is covering as he is next to the house, can't move, isn't covering the window, isn't covering the balcony, and has his gun at low ready which does him no good.

Officer #6, you missed one.  Is standing on the porch next officer #3 but mostly hidden by the telephone pole .  That is the negotiator who was on the phone with the suspect.

That changes some things but 3, and 5 still should find a better place to stand, unless they with absolute certainty that there was only one threat in the house and his position at all times.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That changes some things but 3, and 5 still should find a better place to stand, unless they with absolute certainty that there was only one threat in the house and his position at all times.

I'm not certain on the time frame of the picture but I'm thinking officer #3 was more or less guarding the front hallway and providing cover the for negotiator.  He should have had his gun drawn like everyone else though.  officer #5 doesn't make much sense other than there really wasn't any other place for him to go without being in the way of another officer.  It was city police that responded.  I have contacts with the county sheriff so I don't know if I'll get any better details or not.  I didn't see any of their cars in the picture.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:51:55 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
This used to be a quiet little town,until Toyota came. Now we also have TONs of illegals(if they're here to work,why are they all hanging around the Quick-Mart?)

There are definately a ton of illegals here working just go to any construction site.  Finding a non-Mexican building a house is rare.  I was checking out several new buildings going up on Sunday and saw serveral groups of Mexicans working of course none speak english.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are definately a ton of illegals here working just go to any construction site.  Finding a non-Mexican building a house is rare.  I was checking out several new buildings going up on Sunday and saw serveral groups of Mexicans working of course none speak english.

True! BTW,I live at G-town Oaks,alot of stuff coming this way!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top