Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 2:37:46 PM EDT
Just on FNC, some company offered to come in a get rid of 50,000 cars that were flooded. And it would only take 9 weeks to clean up. Plus pay NO $100 a car for a total of $5m income.

Instead NO is PAYING another company $23m to get rid of the cars and will take 6 or months.

Un-fucking-believable

There has to be some kickbacks going on here.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:39:55 PM EDT
[#1]
that guy is unbelievable
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Nagin needs his butt kicked

and this is news how???
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#3]
The guy is a jack ass, and he is a "victim" of the NOLA schools because he is stupid. And very stupid when it comes to math.

I remember when he was on MEET The dePRESSed after the storm and he was saying "Tim, we live in a nation where we are the major super power and can send a aircraft carrier around the world in a day....but we can't get buses or helicopter to NOLA"

Last time I checked a carrier can not go more than 30 knots.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:52:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuck Nawlins and Nagin.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:53:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The guy is a jack ass, and he is a "victim" of the NOLA schools because he is stupid. And very stupid when it comes to math.

I remember when he was on MEET The dePRESSed after the storm and he was saying "Tim, we live in a nation where we are the major super power and can send a aircraft carrier around the world in a day....but we can't get buses or helicopter to NOLA"

Last time I checked a carrier can not go more than 30 knots.

What about all of the ones that were flooded in NO they were there and could have been used.  But I guess it is eaiser to blame Bush for his fuck ups.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm convinced that Nagin is nothing but a shill for the string pullers that actually run things behind the scenes.  There is no fucking way that ANYONE this mind-blowingly stupid could POSSIBLY make it to the position he holds unless someone else has their hand completely up his ass.  A sock puppet, nothing more.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Ahhhhhh...   UZI4you....  you forgot about the infamous Philadelphia Experiment. Apparently the Mayor has some top secret information about the new aircraft carriers and their top speed or secret abilities.  Heck perhaps his psychic friend has filled him in....anyone see Latoya Jackson recently....   Too bad though that the dumb ass couldn't find the 200+ school buses parked 3 blocks from city hall....
The man is either the most corrupt mayor in history or just the most incompetent.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:01:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Ahhhhhh...   UZI4you....  you forgot about the infamous Philadelphia Experiment. Apparently the Mayor has some top secret information about the new aircraft carriers and their top speed or secret abilities.  Heck perhaps his psychic friend has filled him in....anyone see Latoya Jackson recently....   Too bad though that the dumb ass couldn't find the 200+ school buses parked 3 blocks from city hall....
The man is either the most corrupt mayor in history or just the most incompetent.

I'm going with both.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm convinced that Nagin is nothing but a shill for the string pullers that actually run things behind the scenes.  There is no fucking way that ANYONE this mind-blowingly stupid could POSSIBLY make it to the position he holds unless someone else has their hand completely up his ass.  A sock puppet, nothing more.

You mean like the Demoncratic party and their fundraisers?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm no fan of Nagin, but he can't be that incompetent or stupid unless there was something more to the story. More details are needed.

I'd be more concerned wondering how many of those cars will end up on some used car lot and resold to some poor schumck that doesn't know to check with CarFax before they buy.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:10:22 PM EDT
[#11]
That Chocolate MF can kiss my Vanilla ass
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm going with both.

+1
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Corrupt? Yep.
Incompetent? Yep

Must be a Democrat
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:17:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Yup there is more to the story. And it HALFWAY makes sense.

www.katc.com/Global/story.asp?S=4652414

but he's still a fawking idiot.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:18:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Just on FNC, some company offered to come in a get rid of 50,000 cars that were flooded. And it would only take 9 weeks to clean up. Plus pay NO $100 a car for a total of $5m income.

Instead NO is PAYING another company $23m to get rid of the cars and will take 6 or months.

Un-fucking-believable

There has to be some kickbacks going on here.

Everything there is about kickbacks.

My brother works for a national retail chain that wants to open a store there.  They are offered the services of a local who will make sure that all of the permits required for the company get processed in a timely manner.  The retail outfit tell them "no thanks, we have a team of lawyers for that stuff".  

Can you see it coming?

Yep,...all of their requests for building permits, etc are "delayed, lost, not filled out correctly, blah-blah-blah until they finally hire on the local shyster.

Bang!  Everything goes through like lightning.
Now, the question here should be:

How much of this is Nagin getting?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm no fan of Nagin, but he can't be that incompetent or stupid unless there was something more to the story. More details are needed.

I'd be more concerned wondering how many of those cars will end up on some used car lot and resold to some poor schumck that doesn't know to check with CarFax before they buy.

First thing that crossed my mind
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Yup there is more to the story. And it HALFWAY makes sense.

www.katc.com/Global/story.asp?S=4652414

but he's still a fawking idiot.

Thanks!

NEW ORLEANS -- A Texas company says it offered to pay this city to take tens of thousands of flooded cars off the streets and Mayor Ray Nagin refused the offer.

K and L Auto Crushers of Tyler, Texas, a major car crushing company, offered in October to rid the city of its flooded cars and pay $100 per flooded car, said K and L's Dan Simpson.

The city held back because it was apparently concerned that it did not have the legal right to remove the abandoned cars, Simpson said.

On Sunday, Nagin's press office, most of whom had traveled with him to Atlanta for a mayoral forum, did not immediately respond to an e-mail request seeking comment on K and L's offer.

But the Nagin administration is working on a contract to rid the cityscape of the cars at a cost of $23 million over another six months.

Hurricane Katrina turned New Orleans into an auto junkyard and the flooded cars are still everywhere. With an estimated 50,000 vehicles on the street in October, the city would have netted $5 million if the K and L offer had panned out.

The number of junkers on city streets has fallen since then to somewhere between 25,000 and 30,000, as insurance companies remove cars they've totaled out.

Tulane Law professor Vernon Palmer said the city has the legal right to remove the abandoned cars. Palmer cited a city ordinance that was passed to cope with a glut of abandoned cars. The ordinance states that "junked, abandoned, and wrecked vehicles," can be crushed and dismantled and sold for scrap 15 days after a certified letter is sent to its last known owner, Palmer said.

K and L isn't the only outfit offering the service.

"We've had lots of crushers call up and say, 'Hey, we want to take care of your problem,' and I say, 'Well, I appreciate that,'" said Lt. Alan Carpenter, who heads the State Police's auto insurance fraud division.

One way the work could be done would be through executive orders, issued either by Nagin or Gov. Kathleen Blanco.

Simpson said he asked Blanco's staff to make such a move soon after Katrina, and Carpenter said the State Police urged Nagin to do the same.

Denise Bottcher, Blanco's spokeswoman, said she was unaware of any earlier discussions between Simpson and the governor's staff.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:48:37 PM EDT
[#18]
He's probably using some of the kick-back money for his re-election campaign.

""We now have a comprehensive plan for rebuilding the city of New Orleans," Nagin said, adding that Congress required a detailed plan before additional money would have been released."  

www.katc.com/Global/story.asp?S=4651089
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top