Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2006 10:17:41 AM EDT
They're gearing up to get serious, and are looking for people who are willing to write letters, call their congressmen, etc.

If you can help, or just want to see what's going on, drop on by;

www.nfaoa.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=269
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:26:24 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
They're gearing up to get serious, and are looking for people who are willing to write letters, call their congressmen, etc.

If you can help, or just want to see what's going on, drop on by;

www.nfaoa.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=269

i think what yall are doing is great, but you have to understand, the may 86 restriction is the perfect Law(as in unless the SCOTUS says it is a no longer valid, it probably isnt getting legistlated out of exitance). Think about it, you brought out the most powerful instinct in man, self interest.

You can still have a machine gun, but they are going to be limited as hell and a great investment. What does that do? turn gun owners into haves and have nots and against each other.. You have a 20K tommy gun, in a few years it will probably be a 30K tommy gun. Do you want that law repealed?  

So you have a group of people who can afford NFA's who probably dont want the law changed. And a group of people who probably are not as wealthy and influental that want the law repealed. Again, as much as it sucks, it is the perfect Law.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:15:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Very true. Different people have different opinions and interests, but the offer is there for any who wish to get involved.

FWIW--I'm for repealing any restrictive gun laws. I think we should be trying to eliminate the IRS and the tax code, not just because I'm so fervently against what they do, but also because the NFA would disappear. We should be able to go into a gun shop or gun show, pay cash for what are now NFA weapons, and walk out with the gun and a receipt. No paperwork, no background checks, nobody knows who you are. All of these things are infringements, and hence illegal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top