Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/19/2006 7:48:12 PM EDT
Please don't twist this thread up with ..."that's ghey" etc.

One of mine is drinking ice cold milk after Mom's chocolate cake, or...eating a platter full of catfish and shut-up dogs after a long day of  fishing and skiing on the lake.

Well?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:49:19 PM EDT
[#1]
a day of shooting and then the BBQ place across the street from the range
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Beer and movies

Sad but true

These are big things to me, I derive great pleasure from them.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:51:47 PM EDT
[#3]
My kids
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm leaving work for home now...When I get there I'll go check on my 5 year old daughter and 3 year old son in their rooms while they are sleeping..then I'll check on my 10 month old boy

Then maybe if I can get the wife to wake up a little.......
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:53:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Taking a long walk in the woods with my dog, letting him run and root out critters and play in the creek. I could do that every day.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:55:08 PM EDT
[#6]
when the wife and kids are gone, i can pop open the safe and spend quality time with my pretties
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Coffee in the morning
Spending time with my wife and daughter.
Bird hunting with my Shorthaired Pointer, "Honor"
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Running with my rifle and a few mags across the hills and countryside at night in the rain. I can't explain why, but it's a fun thing to do. In fact, that's what I just got done doing (except there was hail tonight).
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#9]
On a warm day, sittin by the pool drinking Welches grape juice. MMMMMMM........

ETA: Probably with some sort of side arm too Maybee the Smitty 500
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
when the wife and kids are gone, i can pop open the safe and spend quality time with my pretties

My wife and kids just got back from visiting in-laws for 5 days...I had mine laid out all over the living room on a tarp getting broken down, cleaned and oiled....
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm leaving work for home now...When I get there I'll go check on my 5 year old daughter and 3 year old son in their rooms while they are sleeping..then I'll check on my 10 month old boy

Going to work on baby # 4  Good for you dude

For me, I love a piece of dark bitter chocolate with strong coffee.
Nothing is better after a nice dinner.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:58:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Snuggling with my son when he first wakes up in the morning.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:01:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Spending time with my family, shooting and going on fishing trips with my Dad, just like we did when I was a little kid. Relaxing and forgetting about what stressful stuff is on my mind. My guns are definitely one of life's pleasures.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:01:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Please don't twist this thread up with ..."that's ghey" etc.

One of mine is drinking ice cold milk after Mom's chocolate cake, or...eating a platter full of catfish and shut-up dogs after a long day of  fishing and skiing on the lake.

Well?

Nephilim...You still have your Nissan 300ZX?

Some alone time with the Z is high on my list as well
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:01:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Really good milk chocolate (although I also like high quality dark bitter chocolate).

There is some chocolate that is so good, I'd probably pick it over sex half the time, if given a choice.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:02:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Strictly Recreational (not procreational)  this time...I got the snip last summer after the last one
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#17]
That first, never ending, piss in the morning.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Pepperoni pizza with extra cheese and a coke.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
...eating a platter full of catfish and shut-up dogs after a long day of  fishing and skiing on the lake.

WTF?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
That first, never ending, piss crap in the morning.

Now your talkin'!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...eating a platter full of catfish and shut-up dogs after a long day of  fishing and skiing on the lake.

WTF?

hush puppies?

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?

Hush puppies but bigger
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Hot towels out of the dryer!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

There is some chocolate that is so good, I'd probably pick it over sex half the time, if given a choice.

Damn, it must be one hell of a chocolate  Or your sex isn't that good
I love good chocolate... but not more than sex

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?

hush puppies?

ahhh.....dunno why I didn't make that connection
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:09:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Strictly Recreational (not procreational)  this time...I got the snip last summer after the last one

Go get some!

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Almost anything involving boats, guns or the outdoors.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Really good milk chocolate (although I also like high quality dark bitter chocolate).

after a post like this how are we not supposed to start with the "that's Ghey"
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Too many to list. I find small pleasures in many things.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:28:56 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Driving the empty streches of highways out in the deserts between California, Nevada, and Arizona and listening to music.

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/paul1960/BadLandBadCarIII.jpg

I use to really enjoy the run between Las Vegas and Needles, hwy 95. long empty runs in a Firebird with a massaged 400 from a GTO.......

Now a days coming up with was to have fun with my kids,  involves laughing, squels and one of them saying  Daaaddd.......  last one was at the Baltimore Aquarium outside on the water side. I was near the edge of the pier, they were about 20 feet back from the edge. I could see a 3 foot wide shelf about three feet down from the edge. so I jumped onto it. They though I was jumping off the edge into the water. They all screamed and yelled then laughed their heads off. much to the delight of my wife and others who saw it.

A "Dad heart check" as they call it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

after a post like this how are we not supposed to start with the "that's Ghey"

It's a mystery of brain chemistry to me as well.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

DK, go check to see if testicals are present, report back...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#34]
A big dump and a hot shower.  In that order.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:36:16 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll call my wife and have her check her purse for me.  

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:44:32 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll call my wife and have her check her purse for me.  

At least your honest

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#37]
After a long day I'll take off my shoes and socks, and scrunch my toes through the cool carpet.........Ahhhhh......... Then I'll dance a jig
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#38]
shooting my bow in my basement.   I have 10 yards, i'd like to someday have a 20 yard range inside the house.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm a sucker for a scenic view.  I like shiny things too.  MMMMmm....shiny!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:02:15 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Driving the empty streches of highways out in the deserts between California, Nevada, and Arizona and listening to music.

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/paul1960/BadLandBadCarIII.jpg

Paul....is that your's? that's nice..

VooDooChille...yeah, I've still got my Z...as a matter of fact, I just bought my daughter an 83 280-zx, and that little bastard will scoot. She's up in NY right now in school so I get to play a little bit.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Nothing better than spending a nice, quiet evening at home with the girls -

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:30:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Nothing better than spending a nice, quiet evening at home with the girls -

home.earthlink.net/~tclokey/ARFcom/brookemekelly.jpg

Something is majorly focked up with that guy.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:42:56 PM EDT
[#43]
getting laid
skiing in Vail, CO
sushi
and a good cup of coffee

In that order
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Alcohol
Tobacco
Fireamrs
Explosives

In no particular order, maybe a little pie every now and again
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Tearing through an open park on my sled, on nothing but virgin powder.  Being breathless, covered in snow, possibly stuck, with the biggest shittin grin on my face.

In the summer, replace that with my bike, and after a section of a ride that I do something challanging for me, (probably nothing to anyone else...) and I've got that little bit of adrenaline and blood flowing.  

The all time favorite is shooting praire dogs, of course.  Nothing beats lining the little fat fucker up on the crap factory, and vaporizing the bastard across 3 acres.   The distinct *pop* echoing across the fields is something I cherish.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#46]
The smell of burned smokeless powder on a cloudless Spring morning...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:32:16 PM EDT
[#48]

A nice, brisk paced ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway or Cherohala Skyway on a cool September day.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Crawling into bed and snuggling up to my girlfriend - when we actually get to see each other.

The still present New Car Smell in my Jeep.

Actually having weekends off to spend time with my family and friends.

-K
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:04:40 PM EDT
[#50]
A quiet walk in the woods.
The first sounds of the forest at sun rise during a hunt.
The singing of a meaningfull song to the Lord.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top