Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/19/2006 7:32:34 PM EDT
I've never been one too rant here, but here goes...
I, along w/half my team just got walked from Sony's direct B2B sales and channel support contact center here in Austin.

I don’t feel that it is appropriate to tell future employers how badly they let us go, however I feel it is healthy to vent here. They kicked me, after 2.5 years service, to the curb with no more than 2 weeks pay!

I could say MUCH regarding what I did there; but that is not my goal, I am trying to find a way to forgive those bastards with the shiny shoes and multi-level marketing smiles who voted me off the proverbial ‘island’ so the can continue to lie to upper management about what they know and can and can’t do.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#1]
at least you got your 2 weeks pay

your ahead of a lot of people in that reguard

pointy haired managers huh?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#2]
What in the fuck
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Worse than you can imagine, they have decided that direct B2B sales (IE Dell's model) wasnt the right path and they are going to chase iPod's with the walkman brand.

Not too mention, they are going about saving the AIT brand TOTALLY the wrong way!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#4]
sorry bud.

sony will get theirs when the XB360 kicks the PS3's ass
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
sorry bud.

Your right their pal!
Even though consumer sales wasn’t my area, I know that to be the truth!!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
sorry bud.

+1
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:40:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Seriously guys, you have no idea how bad it was... I'm even on the couch as we speak.
My wife is convinced, based solely on how sudden my 'unemployment' became, that I F'd up and I am not telling her the whole story.

What really pisses me off is how anti gun Sony is!!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#8]
sorry about your plight, dude.

sony will have to get it's comeuppance in some other way because xbox 360 will NEVER kick ps3's ass.  hell, it doesn't even kick ps2's ass.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Well its only 2.5 years.  You couldnt have invested too much in the company anyway.   Thats the reality of the corporate world these days.

They just fired 3 doctors from my department.  The sad part is that they dont even know yet.  I hope I am next but you never know.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

sony will have to get it's comeuppance in some other way because xbox 360 will NEVER kick ps3's ass.  hell, it doesn't even kick ps2's ass.  

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#11]
isn't sony the company that's been putting malware on their cd's in an attempt to fuck up the computer of anyone who tries to upload that cd onto their computer?  i believe there's a lawsuit against them for it right now.

...in other words, fuck sony.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Seriously guys, you have no idea how bad it was... I'm even on the couch as we speak.
My wife is convinced, based solely on how sudden my 'unemployment' became, that I F'd up and I am not telling her the whole story.

It sounds like they are similar to a cheating girlfriend.....you're better off without them!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Worse, you could have worked for crooks like Enron and been screwed royally.

good luck..
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
sorry bud.

+1

Keep on wishing guys, maybe that will make it true.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:50:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
sorry bud.

+1

Keep on wishing guys, maybe that will make it true.

A turd with a sony label and blu-ray is still a turd.  PS3 is going to fail, just like it should.  Fuck Sony.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#16]
The XB360 has the PS2  whipped in hardware, but they lack in titles.  That's what will put the PS3 ahead because it will have titles.  The XB won't.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The XB360 has the PS2  whipped in hardware, but they lack in titles.  That's what will put the PS3 ahead because it will have titles.  The XB won't.

Sure it wont.  This isnt 2001 anymore.

The ONLY thing sony will have on anyone is MGS 4.  But it still doesnt matter.  Sony will be over a year late and a billion dollars short.  They are going to fail in this generation.  Its amazing how much kool-aid their fans drink though, its even more pathetic than the colt and glock guys.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:06:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Sony is headed for disaster… SXRD is the best HDTV on the market but you can’t tell THEM that.
Nooo… they want to resurrect the Walkman brand name and try to compete in all area’s they aren’t competent in!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#19]
It could be much much worse...

I had a college instructor that worked for MCI when they tanked. He was about 8 months from retirement when they laid him off. He had his entire savings in company stock. The first week the board told everyone that they would receive every cent of their company pension plan.

The second week it was 50 cents on the dollar.

Every week for the next three months he would get another call and they would bend him over worse. To make matters worse he could not dump his stock because of SEC restrictions.

By the end of the semester, I think his pension plan was worth about $300 and his stock was not worth the paper it was printed on.

That would be pretty much as bad as it gets... and he's doing quite well for himself these days. Several new patents, he’s made a bundle day trading and he’s got the teaching gig. Making somebody else rich is no way for a man to live. Move on, call it a learning experience.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, if it makes you feel any better I stood for 30 minutes in front of a $3200 Sony Bravia (sp?) 40" LCD TV today with the intent to purchase.  When I walked out of the store I still have my cash and Sony still had their TV.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:47:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Fuck Sony.  They lost me as a customer with their DRM rootkit bullshit, and they obviously haven't learned their lesson.  (See Slashdot article posted this weekend about the Blu-Ray crock of shit.)
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:17:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Sony is a typical demented Japanese company.

On one hand they invent/refine the equipment to home record music and video, on the other hand they hire artists to create entertainment via film and musical recordings, but with both hands they sue each other for loss of revenue and loss of freedom.....
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:18:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Well, if it makes you feel any better I stood for 30 minutes in front of a $3200 Sony Bravia (sp?) 40" LCD TV today with the intent to purchase.  When I walked out of the store I still have my cash and Sony still had their TV.

SXRD is the best picture you have likely ever seen.
Mad @ Sony.. you betcha, willing to lie to my eyes, no way.

LCD flat panel does not compare to Plasma, but that is another topic.

Anyway. I agree... the root-kit think did a good part of us in. Fuck whomever allowed that too happen, I hope they rot in thier own pile of feces.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:21:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Fuck Sony.

ETA: REASON why Sony will end with the PS3
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:30:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Fuck Sony.

fucking awesome!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Just out of curiosity... how will this end Sony?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:39:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Happened to me on my 364th day of employment at CompUSA.  In one fell swoop they let go 1800 employees in their B2B sales unit (gutted it totally) because they wanted to concentrate on just retail.  No severance at all.  Oh, did I mention it was my 364th day?  Why is that important?  Because on day 365 I was to get 2 weeks of vacation, but since I didn't make it one more day, I got no vacation pay.  Nice, eh?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:35:36 AM EDT
[#28]
I bet the pointy haired bosses paid themselves some severance, un-used vacation, etc.
So sorry to hear about that man.
*sigh*
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:59:21 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Maybe they read arfcom and caught you a-hatin' on the SKS.
Glockandspeil's rant on SKS hatin' here

Sony execs LOVE the SKS.

Get off the couch, get in front of the mirror and practice saying this; "would you like an apple pie with that ?"
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:13:06 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Maybe they read arfcom and caught you a-hatin' on the SKS.
Sony execs LOVE the SKS.

Get off the couch, get in front of the mirror and practice saying this; "would you like an apple pie with that ?"

There are many emotions flowing over me right now, so I will spare telling you what I think about you, as a person.  

What we are talking about here has NOTHING to do with ANY discussion regarding an SKS, so what is your point here? What did you do, search for a post by me, just to take your chance to tell me off? Sure I think the SKS is garbage, and it is certainly clear to me now as to why you like it so much... kindred spirit eh?

Loosing a job that you put over two years of your life into is nothing to joke about. If you think that doing so is excusable, under any circumstance, you are likely a sociopath. I can only imagine what kind of person you are, and how you live your life… scary, really.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:18:11 AM EDT
[#31]
I see you make fun of my screen-name, which is really one of the only ones I wanted available.

Out of curiosity, where did you come up with weptek911?

Glockandspeil, wow... how clever!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:23:07 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Dude!? Jesus, that was uncalled for.

eta: Keep your head up, Glock. Remember that the fastest way to make more money and increase responsibility is to change jobs. Go find a job that pays more that this one, get some good experience, and do it all again in two more years. Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:28:03 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I, along w/half my team just got walked from Sony's direct B2B sales and channel support contact center here in Austin.

I don’t feel that it is appropriate to tell future employers how badly they let us go, however I feel it is healthy to vent here. They kicked me, after 2.5 years service, to the curb with no more than 2 weeks pay!

I could say MUCH regarding what I did there; but that is not my goal, I am trying to find a way to forgive those bastards with the shiny shoes and multi-level marketing smiles who voted me off the proverbial ‘island’ so the can continue to lie to upper management about what they know and can and can’t do.

I stopped buying Sony products after their CD rootkit spyware fiasco.

Sorry about your job GlockandRoll! It really sucks that loyalty means next to nothing to employers today.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:32:05 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Dude!? Jesus, that was uncalled for.

eta: Keep your head up, Glock. Remember that the fastest way to make more money and increase responsibility is to change jobs. Go find a job that pays more that this one, get some good experience, and do it all again in two more years. Good luck!

Thank you...  I gained valuable experience while I was there, and the market IS a little better now than it was back in 03.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:34:16 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I stopped buying Sony products after their CD rootkit spyware fiasco.

Sorry about your job GlockandRoll! It really sucks that loyalty means next to nothing to employers today.

Thanks... that is the hardest thing, the realization that, after all I did that I was little more than a blip on the financial radar. I say this because from the others I have talked to, and the ones they have left, it looks like almost EVERYONE (save a few managers) go that made over $55K annually.

*sigh*

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:43:30 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

It sucks, but that is business. There will be plenty of heart break before you're the one doing the kicking and lying to management.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:51:47 AM EDT
[#37]
But see... that's just it; Sony doesn't know WHAT its business is!

That is why we were created, to help steer the whole thing into a direct B2B sales model. The consumer sales team in Arizona is not able to do anything, really, other than place orders that customers could place themselves on-line.

Oh, and the new CEO, Stringer, he wants to try to take on iPod to bring the walkman name back.
Yeah right, even Sony employees own iPods!!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:54:46 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
sorry bud.

Could have been worse. Sorry for your situation but you'll be ok.
I'm still wanting a regular x-box. I like my PS2 but want an X-box as well.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:00:26 AM EDT
[#39]
I was hired for a specific task, and I did it well. There was just no need for me after all the salespeople got laid off. I have to learn not move on at this point, but for now I am angry, hopefully this will pass if I can just get a decent nights sleep.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:06:02 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
***I've never been one too rant here, but here goes...

*** This is a lie . You've been here a month and all you've done is rant.
Like this little gem

another Glock rant here

IMHO; a real officer of the peace shouldn’t hide behind a bush, but should be on patrol.
Hiding, which is what he was doing, is good for two things.
1. Protection.
2. Surprise attacks/Ambush.

I think we know what this is about... it's about money.
Shame on you fascist bootlicking antagonists for thinking it is about laws or safety.
You guys are un-believable.
*** Subscription cancelled ***

In other words, Grow up, take responsibility, stop crying on arfcom everytime life is unfair to you.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
You've been here a month and all you've done is rant.
Grow up, take responsibility, stop crying on arfcom everytime life is unfair to you.

Just so I understand what is going on here; you are trying to prove that I don’t like speed traps, SKS's, or that I am a Glock fanatic? I hate to break it to you nostradumbass, but it doesn’t exactly take twelve UN inspectors to figure this out.

Digging through my previous posts has nothing to do w/the topic of this thread, which is really more about Sony and the new corporate landscape.

All you’ve proven is that you are a complete chicken-shit with a chip on his shoulder; just waiting for what you THOUGHT was a clever thing to do. I’m steadfast in my opinion that you are a sociopath, nothing more than a hostile little shit that hurts animals because girls don’t want to sleep with you.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:03:58 PM EDT
[#42]
poll added... enjoy.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:35:12 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
***I've never been one too rant here, but here goes...

*** This is a lie . You've been here a month and all you've done is rant.
Like this little gem

another Glock rant here

IMHO; a real officer of the peace shouldn’t hide behind a bush, but should be on patrol.
Hiding, which is what he was doing, is good for two things.
1. Protection.
2. Surprise attacks/Ambush.

I think we know what this is about... it's about money.
Shame on you fascist bootlicking antagonists for thinking it is about laws or safety.
You guys are un-believable.
*** Subscription cancelled ***

In other words, Grow up, take responsibility, stop crying on arfcom everytime life is unfair to you.

Wow, what a fucking douchebag move that was.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Sorry you got laid off but man you need to just let it go and realize that it is probably the best thing to happen. I got laid of two years ago from a job that I worked at for 10 years. We made money for the first 8 years I was there then the last two we did not make it. I survived a few rounds of layoffs but then I got cut. When I walked out I was happy. Happy that I did not have to go to that place again. It was a load off of my back.

If Sony is as bad as you make it out just be glad you will have the opprotunity to find a better job at a better company. Look at this as the best thing that can happen. You have a whole new world of opprotunity opening up for you. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

So are you trying to say SXRD is better than plasma?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Hope you paid that speeding ticket.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck Sony.

fucking awesome!

Could one of you two geeks please explain to us non-geeks what that's all about?

Hey, Glock. Hang in there. I got my ass handed to me in December and 10 weeks later I rebounded in a most amazing way. Every slammed door is another opportunity. Go out and make them regret having gotten rid of you!

I am. I'm bringing a WHOLE BUNCH of CRITICAL people with me to my new company from my old one.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So are you trying to say SXRD is better than plasma?

I did not compare the two, I compared LCD to Plamsa... SXRD is better, however the technologies are completely different.I could care less now anyway, my point is that Sony should concentrate on it's core competencies and not wast time tring to resurect Walkman with all the DRM shit (rootkit), Sonic Stage, Atrak3, and other proprietary thingys.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Wow, what a fucking douchebag move that was.

He's a dope, dont even waste your time.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Hope you paid that speeding ticket.

What does this have to do w/Sony and my employment?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top