Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#1]
A common-sense approach has obviously failed, said Ken Whitehead of the 300 block of Farmhouse Lane. He said bullets are ''whizzing through our neighborhoods.''

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:21:51 PM EDT
[#2]
After they go after this guy they might try to change the name of the town because it is so scary.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
A common-sense approach has obviously failed, said Ken Whitehead of the 300 block of Farmhouse Lane. He said bullets are ''whizzing through our neighborhoods.''

Translation: He's an anti-gun prick and confuses his wifes car (or low altitude aircraft, depending on your definition) for a bullet.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like a bunch of New Jerksey assholes who moved to PA and decided to bring the utopia that is NJ with them.

ETA, I think some Pennsyltucky Arfcommers need to hold a .50 shoot there this summer.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Hooray - common sense from liberals!
That'll work.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#6]
maybe the town should help them pay for suppressors
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#7]
fnnn pussies!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#8]
This is on the border with Jersey.  That's not Pennsylvania anyway.. that's New New Jersey.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:54:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I hate it when a bunch of yuppy/hippy people go to rural areas to get out of the city and go about changing everything there is to change about rural communities.

Don't like it?  Go back to the city utopia shithole you came from.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL! Jrzy is that you?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sounds like a bunch of New Jerksey assholes who moved to PA and decided to bring the utopia that is NJ with them.

ETA, I think some Pennsyltucky Arfcommers need to hold a .50 shoot there this summer.

Hey!!!  Im from this shit hole you call Jersey..................And I can't agree with you more!  I have family on the border of N.J. and P.A. and those liberal yuppy cock suckers do fuck everything up!!!  I fucking hate everything about this sleezy state  

P.S.

If I offended anyone from this state.....well you know what you can go do
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#12]
They tried the same here in Bucks County.  An old fella has a farm and he built a range.  He charges a few bucks to come and shoot.  They have been trying to shut him down for years.  PA has preemption laws regarding shooting.  I doubt that any ordinance written would pass muster in state court.  The guy can always say he is sighting his rifle in for hunting or practicing for hunting.  As the PAGC directs that a shooting range must have a suitable backstop, the round not traveling 15feet beyond the target, or maybe 15 yards.  Basically a bckstop within that distance.  Fuck these people that buy houses for a million dollars on what used to be prime hunting land and then dictate to the rest of the folks how to live.  I wish the state would get along with some kind of blanket law protecting hunting, shooting, etc as well as fishing rights and access..
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#13]
shooting was banned in the city i lived in IN FLORIDA..... sorta.

it was illegal to discharge a firearm within the city limits unless you were at an actual range
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Ahh, yes. The inevitable yuppie escape from the sewers of crime, crowds, traffic, high taxes and stifling laws.  Move away to start the whole fucking thing over again in a new state.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
They tried the same here in Bucks County.  An old fella has a farm and he built a range.  He charges a few bucks to come and shoot.  They have been trying to shut him down for years.  PA has preemption laws regarding shooting.  I doubt that any ordinance written would pass muster in state court.  The guy can always say he is sighting his rifle in for hunting or practicing for hunting.  As the PAGC directs that a shooting range must have a suitable backstop, the round not traveling 15feet beyond the target, or maybe 15 yards.  Basically a bckstop within that distance.  Fuck these people that buy houses for a million dollars on what used to be prime hunting land and then dictate to the rest of the folks how to live.  I wish the state would get along with some kind of blanket law protecting hunting, shooting, etc as well as fishing rights and access..

Lived in Oley for several years as a kid.....Spangsville Rd...beautiful country... its a fuckin shame.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:35:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Now, I don't know Pennsylvania very well (errr...at all)...but it sounds to me like the shooter also is a recent import into the area.  Differance is he moved out there partially so he could build a range on his land (which is something I hope to do some day).

It doesn't seem like he is the long term land owner who's life is being upset by yuppie immigration.  Sounds kindof like he is one of the yuppies...he just understands that rural means rural and that's why he moved there.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:17:21 PM EDT
[#17]
The Californicators have been doing similar shit for years in CO.  I don't get it - they fuck up their state, flee it, and then commence to do the same things that turned their state into a shithole in the first place.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:32:13 PM EDT
[#18]
What a bunch of idiots, on both sides!

- It is impolite to shoot in a densely populated area due to the noise problems, even if you've got a save corridor for your bullets.
- Why does this not interfere with the town's noise ordinance? If it doesn't, either write in that firearm discharges within (say) 500 yards of housing is illegal due to the noise - problem solved! If that's a problem for the neighbors, they should move back to the city for some "peace and quiet". (Also, this wouldn't be a problem if silencers were legal in the US - $30 and the problem would be solved.)
- Sorry, but confiscating firearms for non-hostile discharges where otherwise constitutionally legal is a violation of the 2nd Amendment!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The Californicators have been doing similar shit for years in CO.  I don't get it - they fuck up their state, flee it, and then commence to do the same things that turned their state into a shithole in the first place.

South Dakota seems to be suffering that, at least in Rapid City and Sioux Falls :(

In conjunction with the Mexican illegals, it's the process which will eventually destroy this country. Yuppies will soon be abandoning states like Colorado and Washington (in addition to the continual outflux from California) and move in (higher than current) large numbers to states like Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Florida, and Vermont.

I tell you folks, we need to start cultivating downright hostile living conditions - for liberals - in our states. South Dakota appears to be moving in that direction, but we need to make it clear that things like American values aren't going to give up so easily. Hell, even if it means we have corrupt politicians (Janklow, I'm looking at you).
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:07:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

- It is impolite to shoot in a densely populated area due to the noise problems, even if you've got a save corridor for your bullets.
- Why does this not interfere with the town's noise ordinance? If it doesn't, either write in that firearm discharges within (say) 500 yards of housing is illegal due to the noise - problem solved! If that's a problem for the neighbors, they should move back to the city for some "peace and quiet". (Also, this wouldn't be a problem if silencers were legal in the US - $30 and the problem would be solved.)- Sorry, but confiscating firearms for non-hostile discharges where otherwise constitutionally legal is a violation of the 2nd Amendment!

Supressors/silencers are legal in the US.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:10:29 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I tell you folks, we need to start cultivating downright hostile living conditions - for liberals - in our states. South Dakota appears to be moving in that direction, but we need to make it clear that things like American values aren't going to give up so easily. Hell, even if it means we have corrupt politicians (Janklow, I'm looking at you).

Sadly, I think it is coming to that.  The Free State Project had a similar idea in mind.  

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:38:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sadly, I think it is coming to that.  The Free State Project had a similar idea in mind.  

That's a terrible idea.  Unfortunately, I can not come up with anything better...I don't know what this country is coming to.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:42:12 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- Why does this not interfere with the town's noise ordinance? If it doesn't, either write in that firearm discharges within (say) 500 yards of housing is illegal due to the noise - problem solved! If that's a problem for the neighbors, they should move back to the city for some "peace and quiet". (Also, this wouldn't be a problem if silencers were legal in the US - $30 and the problem would be solved.)- Sorry, but confiscating firearms for non-hostile discharges where otherwise constitutionally legal is a violation of the 2nd Amendment!

Vincent:  "They are legal, but not 100% legal.  I mean you can't just make a can and start blasing away.  Suppressors are controled by the NFA."

Jules:  "That's run by the ATF?"

Vincent:  "Yeah, it breaks down like this: it's legal to buy them, it's legal to own them and, if you're the proprietor of a gun shop, it's legal to sell them, assuming you fill out all the paperwork, send it to the ATF, along with a check for $200, and wait several months for them to approve you.  So I guess that's legal..."

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:10:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a terrible idea.  Unfortunately, I can not come up with anything better...I don't know what this country is coming to.

Well, I can't feel too guilty.  These are the same people who would gladly throw me in prison for merely owning a gun.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:14:17 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vincent:  "They are legal, but not 100% legal.  I mean you can't just make a can and start blasing away.  Suppressors are controled by the NFA."

Vincent:  "Yeah, it breaks down like this: it's legal to buy them, it's legal to own them and, if you're the proprietor of a gun shop, it's legal to sell them, assuming you fill out all the paperwork, send it to the ATF, along with a check for $200, and wait several months for them to approve you.  So I guess that's legal..."

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:29:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Comedy gold.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:32:55 AM EDT
[#27]
This is the kind of thing we're seeing out my way, too.
I live in what used to be a small rural town about 35 miles west of Philadelphia.  More and more it's turning into a high dollar community for rich liberals who want to flee the city and find a better place to live and raise their kids.  They leave the city and nearby suburbs to find a more countrified lifestyle and then have a hissy fit when they find out that out here there are things like firing ranges (the newcommers want to close my club down), objectionable odors from farmland (manure piles, etc.) and heaven help everybody if they get stuck behind a slow moving piece of argricultural equipment out on one of the two lane roads around here; road rage time!

They build gigantic designer homes and everyone's property values keep going up, so it's a double edged sword, but I wish they would either just go away, or better, become GUN OWNERS and join my firing range and the NRA!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:00:09 AM EDT
[#28]
I wonder how close this guy's range is from his neighbors house?  I would not be too happy if someone was blasting with an AR only a couple hundred yards from my house.  With 15 acres, however, I bet it is not that close.

A nice silencer or some .22 LR would do wonders for neighborhood relations.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:05:37 AM EDT
[#29]
That's one of the areas I'm looking at to buy propertuy in to put up a vacation house and a place to shoot my machine guns. I specifically told the realtors I'm working with that and have them checking local ordinances for issues.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:15:44 AM EDT
[#30]

this is why we need to push to have suppressors removed from the NFA. the number 1 reason used to close down ranges, both public and private, is "noise'.

as civilization encroaches more and more on our favorite hunting and shooting spots, the problem will only increase exponentially. if suppressors are not removed from the NFA and made available to the people again, we can be sure that this problem will only grow until it effects all of us.

now, i know someone is going to chime in and say, "...but suppressors ARE legal and available to everyone." well, as stated before, that's a big *technically*. it's a huge hassle, and it's disingenuous to say otherwise. the NFA was most certainly NOT instituted to make it easier for people to get the real goodies. the more difficult you make it, the less people will chase after it (which is exactly what the intent of the NFA was). the less people have tools such as suppressors, the faster lands will be shut down for our usage.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:59:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Thats what liberals do they move out of the shitholes they have already ruined, then start shitting on the people where they move to to make their lifes shitty too!!!

The firing range we used to Qualify at  every year had an Asshole from Philadelphia move up there and build a new house next the firing range, off to the side about half way down the firing lane.

Well, he decides it's too loud and sues the Sportman's club to shut the range down due to the firng of guns and the dangers of riccochet.

It went to court and the case lasted long enough for one question!

Judge: "Did you know the range was there when you looked into buying the property?"

Philly A-Hole: "Yes"

Judge : "Well the range was there for decades before your house was enjoy the noise.....Case dismissed!"

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:01:10 AM EDT
[#32]
FWIW, sometime before the Civil War the town of Gettysburg passed a law against shooting inside of city limits.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:02:16 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Thats what liberals do they move out of the shitholes they have already ruined, then start shitting on the people where they move to to make their lifes shitty too!!!

The firing range we used to Qualify at  every year had an Asshole from Philadelphia move up there and build a new house next the firing range, off to the side about half way down the firing lane.

Well, he decides it's too loud and sues the Sportman's club to shut the range down due to the firng of guns and the dangers of riccochet.

Judge: "Did you know the range was there when you looked into buying the property?"

Judge : "Well the range was there for decades before your house was enjoy the noise.....Case dismissed!"

Huzzah! I like hearing the good guys win once in a while.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:07:03 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huzzah! I like hearing the good guys win once in a while.

Damn straight!  That's beautiful.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:17:13 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

This is the way it should be.

Before we bash everyone who lives in Philly, however, it's worth remembering that there are also good people who live in Philly who feel exactly the way the rest of us gun owners do when it comes to the Second Amendment and RKBA.
At my range there are two members who come out to shoot EVERY Saturday from Philly.  One's a retired Philly cop and the other is his son, who believe it or not, is a public school teacher.  They come out to the range for some sanity and to escape Philidelphia.  Mostly they shoot handguns, but they shoot everything.  And they're knowledgable, too.  They handload their own ammo and the Sr. has a wealth of firearms history knowledge.
I just got a good friend of mine signed up at my club who also lives in Philly.  
There are more of them living in that Hell Hole than it might sometimes seem.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:18:44 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
...I tell you folks, we need to start cultivating downright hostile living conditions - for liberals - in our states...

Welcome to Ted Stevens International Airport and Anchorage Alaska.  You've now entered the food chain.  
~Dg84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top