Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 5:47:24 PM EDT

Corned beef & cabbage with baby carrots and baby potatoes.
2005 SEBR w/extra mag
Para Ordinance 1445 w/extra mag
Taurus 145 Millenium Pro w/extra mag
Surefire flashlight
Reading material
stapler
tape measure
Pussy Cap (black and gray fuzzy hat behind the rifle stock)
Bitch Creek Beer

I forgot to add my carry blade!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
yep, -1 for no blade.

Then what's that knife-looking thing beside the fork
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Overall excellent but small loss of points for cluttered composition.

Looks yummy.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:52:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
yep, -1 for no blade.

I don't think eating utensils count.

+1...a "tactical" knife is required
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Overall excellent but small loss of points for cluttered composition.

Looks yummy.

+1

Sit down @ that table too hungry & before you know it you've jammed a pistol in your mouth instead of a fork

Score 8

-1 for the dissaray

-1 for the fact I am hungry and only have a bag of Lays potato chips infront of me
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:02:51 PM EDT
[#7]
-2 for the girly sized servings
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:04:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
yep, -1 for no blade.

Nonsense!  That'll stab someone just as well as a Strider!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:04:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Are you on a f#&%ing diet? pile that food on there. The Irish would be disappointed.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
-2 for the girly sized servings

Oh come on.  Not supersizing should be extra points.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:07:46 PM EDT
[#11]
i just ate...and I still feel hungry looking at the plate...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:45:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
yep, -1 for no blade.

Nonsense!  That'll stab someone just as well as a Strider!

Hey...I know...But those are the rules of the time honored dinner pic tradition
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#13]
-1 for no ammo in the spare ar mag
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#14]
nice picture, but i'm a purist, so i'm going to dock you for the stapler and tape measure.  i dont know how that stupid shit got started, but it needs to stop.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:52:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
nice picture, but i'm a purist, so i'm going to dock you for the stapler and tape measure.  i dont know how that stupid shit got started, but it needs to stop.

STFU , You're just pissed because he doesn't have a Beretta 92 in the pic j/k

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#16]
-1 for a paper plate
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:56:14 PM EDT
[#17]
-1 for the cabbage
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:57:48 PM EDT
[#18]
-1 for new england boiled dinner....
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:59:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

STFU , You're just pissed because he doesn't have a Beretta 92 in the pic j/k

i didn't dock him any points for guns.... at least he had enough sense to have a full size handgun that holds more than 10 rounds!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:52:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

He DOES have a stapler, and tape measure...You cant dock him for that.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:53:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

a stapler and measuring tape have no purpose at dinner! they shouldnt be in dinner pics!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:54:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
-1 for a paper plate

That isn't a paper plate.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:55:18 PM EDT
[#23]
All you need is food and guns. You got both... Good in my book.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:57:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
-1 for a paper plate

That isn't a paper plate.

that IS a paper towel napkin tho.

i dont care about that tho, i just use my pants or sleeve anyway
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

a stapler and measuring tape have no purpose at dinner! they shouldnt be in dinner pics!

Guns, knives, flashlights, books, and empty beer bottles have no purpose at dinner either, but they make it more interesting.  I think the stapler and tape measure are just as important as everything else in the pic.  You purists need to get with the times!  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:08:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is how the dinner pics have been for years...stapler, measuring device (doesnt have to be a TAPE measure), reading material, etc. etc. are all requirements of the dinner pic.
Points are deducted for each missing requirement and added or deducted for other asthetic values of the pic such as originality...and how good the food looks.

You are not being a dinner pic "purist" by trying to change that...You are being a "revisionist".
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#27]
-1 for New england boiled dinner...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:28:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

It is a West Desert boiled dinner, dammit!  I don't live in New England.  I'm not Irish, and I don't supersize meals either.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:37:30 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is a West Desert boiled dinner, dammit!  I don't live in New England.  I'm not Irish, and I don't supersize meals either.

-1 for eating New England Boiled Dinner and NOT being Irish....

ETA: Im not irish either....thus I dont eat New England Boiled Dinner....
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:43:35 PM EDT
[#30]
I give it a solid 8.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:12:10 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is how the dinner pics have been for years...stapler, measuring device (doesnt have to be a TAPE measure), reading material, etc. etc. are all requirements of the dinner pic.
Points are deducted for each missing requirement and added or deducted for other asthetic values of the pic such as originality...and how good the food looks.

You are not being a dinner pic "purist" by trying to change that...You are being a "revisionist".

That's right. A Dinner Pic Revisionist?? Yeah, I'd say that's about right. That's almost as bad as saying "why do you need all those assault weapons?" The List is not a 'living document'.

I checked the list, and everything is there. GOOD JOB... except -1 for the alcoholic beverage. Remember: the list states that there must only be a NON-alcoholic beverage in the photo.

Bonus items are always good. A bayonet or tactical knife always looks good, but the steak knife does meet the minimum criteria.

9 out of a possible 10, only because of the beer
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:21:05 AM EDT
[#32]
For a second there I thought that was a book by George Lincoln Rockwell...

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:45:11 AM EDT
[#33]
The portions seem small but you made up for it with guns. Good trade off I guess but when you die of starvation I WILL TAKE YOUR GUNS! Overall a very good showing but I have to deduct .5 for the cabbage. What the hell were you thinking with all those veggies? Meat and potatoes, meat and potatoes.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The portions seem small but you made up for it with guns. Good trade off I guess but when you die of starvation I WILL TAKE YOUR GUNS! Overall a very good showing but I have to deduct .5 for the cabbage. What the hell were you thinking with all those veggies? Meat and potatoes, meat and potatoes.

Yep...hence the .... -1 for new england boiled dinner, hehe
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Can someone post the entire do and don't list.
I am going to post my own dinner pic soon
and I want to get it right.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:42:37 AM EDT
[#36]
It's one of those things that you have to pick up, kinda like osmosis. This thread has a lot of good indicators. Make a list of your own, and add to it as you go.

Most of the advice given here is pretty good. Here's an example of one that, while not perfect, got pretty good ratings:

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=437091

It's all about ATTENTION TO DETAIL! Speaking of which, no one seemed to notice that the issue of SGN was open to a page that had a Tannerite ad...

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:01:54 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Can someone post the entire do and don't list.
I am going to post my own dinner pic soon
and I want to get it right.

Just dont make New England Boiled Dinner and youll be fine in my book....

also no tofu.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:13:02 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I checked the list, and everything is there. GOOD JOB... except -1 for the alcoholic beverage. Remember: the list states that there must only be a NON-alcoholic beverage in the photo.

Bonus items are always good. A bayonet or tactical knife always looks good, but the steak knife does meet the minimum criteria.

I don't usually drink beer during dinner anyways, but why no alcohol for dinner pics?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:18:03 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't usually drink beer during dinner anyways, but why no alcohol for dinner pics?

The obvious "alcohol and gunpowder don't mix" idiom.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top