Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2006 1:58:39 AM EDT
Today at work I found out that I won a 7 day trip to Okinawa.

Only problem is that I didn't notice/nobody told me/E-mail got lost and the trip starts tomorrow
So could someone recommend places to go, things to do?
I'm a 25 year old male.
Will take a lady friend along but screwing like rabbits is out of the question, unfortunately
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:06:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Shurijo Castle

Gyokusendo Cave

Sunabe Seawall

Bothanical Garden

Cape Zanpa

Churaumi Aquarium

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:58:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Shurijo Castle

Gyokusendo Cave

Sunabe Seawall

Bothanical Garden

Cape Zanpa

Churaumi Aquarium

Thanks for the reply.
Shiyuri Castle and Churaumi Aquarium were on my list, I will find out about the others
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:14:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Shurijo Castle

Gyokusendo Cave

Sunabe Seawall

Bothanical Garden

Cape Zanpa

Churaumi Aquarium

Thanks for the reply.
Shiyuri Castle and Churaumi Aquarium were on my list, I will find out about the others

How did you win a trip to Okinawa of all places?  I'd love to go there, my father was wounded there.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:51:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I won it at last Christmas's company lottery.
The winning numbers were geared to the national lottery that were announced about 2 weeks later, so it slipped my mind.
I think that they chose Okinawa because it is off season and cheap.

Can't complain too much though, a week of paid holiday is a great thing
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:55:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Please take pictures!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:10:14 AM EDT
[#6]
BC street.... pssss,pssss,GI,GI
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#7]
If it is still there, the Ozeki steak house on Miromi Street. That would be between BC and Gate 2 streets. We used to like snorkeling off of Mydia point. I am not sure about the spelling of the latter. Of course that was 34 years ago. Have a nice trip. John
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:25:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I lived there for 5 years.....

Shuri Castle is pretty cool.

Go check out the other castle ruins on the island, some really cool views of the cliffs and ocean.

Sunabe Seawall (watch the currents if you go snorkeling)

Onna Beach, is incredible for snorkeling, diving and just chilling out.

Shopping on Kokusai Dori in Naha.

Eat at the local steak houses, Kobe steak is awesome and fairly cheap there.

I would love to go back to Oki I actually miss the islands.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:28:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Battlesites tour.

Chili's on Kadena

Coco's (Curry rice place.  right outside of Camp Foster Gate 2) - best.food.evar.

The new aquarium in Naha.

Every other place I would suggest  has allready been mentioned.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:56:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for all the replies
Now I can prove to my GF that "the nut case site that I spend too much time on" isn't a total waste of time

I'm leaving in about 2 hours but I will be checking in every so often.
Also I will post pictures when I come back if I take any good ones.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:08:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Genghis Khan Mongolian Barbeque.  There's a famous sushi house on the hill behind the Camp Lester Naval Hospital.  Torii Beach.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:11:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Genghis Khan Mongolian Barbeque.  There's a famous sushi house on the hill behind the Camp Lester Naval Hospital.  Torii Beach.

Also an awesome place to eat.  There is another place that comes to mind, about 4 blocks down from coco's off of Foster, where they serve ton ton noodles (or whatever they are called).  also a great place to eat.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Go visit Hitori Hanzo. Good sword display.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:12:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Go visit Hitori Hanzo. Good sword display.

+1

If you had a month to wait, he would even make you one.  His sushi is lousy though.

I actually met Sonny Chiba when I was stationed on Okianwa, and got him to sign my Kill Bill posters
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#15]
All I know is B.C. street and Whisper alley by Kadena AFB. I wouldn't take a lady there though.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Shurijo Castle

Gyokusendo Cave

Sunabe Seawall

Bothanical Garden

Cape Zanpa

Churaumi Aquarium

Thanks for the reply.

How did you win a trip to Okinawa of all places?  

join the USMC and you'll likely spend a year there. Or at least stop there on your way to iraq. I pretty much hated it there.  No good mexican food. Too much alcohol.  Too many whores and not enough American/european women. Thailand on the other hand is great.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
No good mexican food.

Astro burger tacos FTW!!!  I had  an apartment in town when I was there so I had a good time
and had a lot of local friends.

If you are American, you won't be allowed in certain places unless you have Okinawan friends.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:22:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Hello...I was on Hansen for a year and a half.  If you are bringing a lady friend, go to Kokosai Street in Naha for some shopping.   There are also a lot of good restaurants down there on Kokosai Street.  Have fun!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:25:36 AM EDT
[#19]
29 Palms?

Or any place adjacent!

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:31:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Japanese Naval Underground Headquarters is quite cool.  So is Peace Memorial Park, where you can see lots and lots of JAPANESE SCHOOLGIRLS.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'm a 25 year old male.
Will take a lady friend along but screwing like rabbits is out of the question, unfortunately

In that case, may I recommend the Phillipines
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top