Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 8:10:03 PM EDT
Title: JD Hayworth (R-AZ), Says Citizen Soldiers May Be Needed to Defend Border  
Source: Sierra Vista, AZ
URL Source: http://svherald.com
Published: Mar 5, 2006
Author: Bill Hess
Post Date: 2006-03-05 16:11:40 by Crystalk
20 Comments

www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=131838
SIERRA VISTA — What Arizonans have known for years but most of the nation doesn’t understand is the problem illegal immigration is causing, U.S. Rep. J.D. Hayworth told an appreciative audience Saturday.

Speaking at the Cochise County Republican Committee’s annual Lincoln Day Dinner, the six-term Republican congressman from Scottsdale said Americans will be called again to be more active in defending the nation against an invasion at the southern border.

While most U.S. citizens do not understand the impact illegal immigration is having, defense of the nation is at a critical junction, Hayworth said.

The federal government is only required to, as outlined in Article 4, Section 4 of the Constitution, protect the nation and each state against invasion, he said.

“Our founders speak to us across time. You understand this in Cochise County,” Hayworth said. “You have lived through an invasion.”

And the invasion continues, impacting the entire nation, northward to Oregon, eastward to Oklahoma City, up to North Dakota and across to North Carolina, the congressman told 240 people who attended the dinner.

“Across our nation we are seeing an invasion,” Hayworth said.

Most of his speech was welcomed with applause and with people saying “amen,” “yes” and sometimes almost mouthing the words he was about the say.

Before he spoke, Jim Weiers, a Republican and speaker of the Arizona House of Representatives, made comments claiming the border is a prime issue the state Legislature has to address.

“We probably will not get it right,” he said, noting it will take all 16 votes in the state Senate and the 31 in the state House to convince one person — Democratic Gov. Janet Napolitano. The state Senate consists of 30 members, and the House has 60 members. Both chambers are controlled by the Republicans.

The Republicans in the Arizona Legislature are willing to provide funds for different programs to protect the border.

“The (GOP) leadership is providing $100 million for border issues,” Weiers said, adding some of it would go to a special radar system that will spot and track illegal activities crossing the border.

Weiers earlier said the problems associated with illegal immigrants are spreading across the nation.

He recently spoke with a new resident of Arizona who originally hails from Minnesota. The man told him that today’s border problem is huge because the boundary runs from Mexico to Canada.

Another problem facing Arizonans is trying to come to a conclusion on the English language learning issue, he said.

A federal judge in Tucson has ruled the state has to pay a daily fine until the program is sufficiently funded. To date, the fines in the pot total more than $20 million.

Although the governor is allowing the current Republican bill become law without her signature, she is hoping a federal judge will rule it insufficient, thereby giving her more leverage in getting a law she wants, Weiers said.

Hayworth said the action of Judge Raynor Collins is akin to a non-elected official directing citizen-elected officials to do their bidding.

“Woe to them who allow someone to circumvent the will of the people,” he said.

Hayworth said there are too many people wearing the judiciary’s black robes who act as “philosopher kings” on many subjects that are the purview of an elected body.

The problems facing the country range from border issues, to activist judges, to many unknowledgable members of Congress, including Republicans, Hayworth said.

When it comes to defending the Constitution, the call may have to go out for citizen soldiers to report, especially when it comes to border issues, he said.

“Protecting the citizens requires vigilance on every front,” Hayworth said.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:19:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Let this start happening and let a few armed human traffickers and drug runners get shot dead by the 'citizen soldiers' and -   { 1} the libtards would have a field day - and  -  {2} the illegals here would head to the border to ensure safe passage for their brothers and we would find them well armed I would be willing to bet.  

Open warfare on US soil would be close behind. Partly civil war and partly to throw out the invaders AND their fellow traveler American citizens as far as I am concerned.

rj

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:26:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know how J.D.Hayworth keeps his job.  He keeps spouting common sense all the time.  Shooting off his mouth with practical solutions to problems over and over. How the hell is someone like that in office?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:37:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Hi-Ho Hi-Ho, it's off to the border I want to go.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:50:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Hi-Ho Hi-Ho, it's off to the border I want to go.

Don't wait, join the minuetman project!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:54:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted: Speaking at the Cochise County Republican Committee’s annual Lincoln Day Dinner, the six-term Republican congressman from Scottsdale said Americans will be called again to be more active in defending the nation against an invasion at the southern border.

While most U.S. citizens do not understand the impact illegal immigration is having, defense of the nation is at a critical junction, Hayworth said.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:55:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Let this start happening and let a few armed human traffickers and drug runners get shot dead by the 'citizen soldiers' and -   { 1} the libtards would have a field day - and  -  {2} the illegals here would head to the border to ensure safe passage for their brothers and we would find them well armed I would be willing to bet.  

Open warfare on US soil would be close behind. Partly civil war and partly to throw out the invaders AND their fellow traveler American citizens as far as I am concerned.

rj

Thats better than just letting them waltz in unopposed
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:57:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

rj

Thats better than just letting them waltz in unopposed

I'm not saying it would be bad. Just my take on what could happen. Hell, I wish I was in better health

rj
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:12:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

rj

And the longer it takes the more danger to our side.

I have never understood the American predilection for holding off to fight until your enemy is strong and your back is against the wall. You'd have thought we'd learned by now.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:31:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
[I have never understood the American predilection for holding off to fight until your enemy is strong and your back is against the wall. You'd have thought we'd learned by now.

This is what it takes to galvanize the libtards to action. Think about it. WWII. Isolationist doctrine. Head in the sand while our enemies arm. The far sighted are crying out for us to wake up { re. Billy Mitchell.  What happened to him ?? }.  BLAM . Pearl Harbor is the only thing that would have booted us into the war.

Been the same ever since.

rj
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[I have never understood the American predilection for holding off to fight until your enemy is strong and your back is against the wall. You'd have thought we'd learned by now.

This is what it takes to galvanize the libtards to action. Think about it. WWII. Isolationist doctrine. Head in the sand while our enemies arm. The far sighted are crying out for us to wake up { re. Billy Mitchell.  What happened to him ?? }.  BLAM . Pearl Harbor is the only thing that would have booted us into the war.

Been the same ever since.

rj

You are right about it taking a shocking event to finally move the libtards to action. The problem is now we have judges who are fully allied with the libtards. These judges have agendas. They do not interpret law but make it up to suit their agenda.
  We used to use common sense to solve problems in this country but now we use convoluted logic. This country is being taken apart piece by piece and the libtards do not give a damn. Either we start using common sense to solve this problem or the Chinese , Islamist fascist , and libtards will tear this country apart without a shot being fired. J.D. is dead on. We are at a critical junction and time is running out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top