Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/18/2006 4:29:49 PM EDT
This is no shit.  A couple years ago my wife heard a whining cat at the next door neighbor's house, who happens to be Chinese and the owner of a couple local Chinese restaurants.  She looked over the fence and saw the man holding a plastic grocery bag with a cat's body inside.  I never believed her . . . until today.

Her uncle (who now owns our former house) heard a whining cat at the man's house today and looked over to see him skinning a cat.

What, if anything, should we do (besides no longer eating at his restaurants)?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:30:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing.

It's legal to skin and eat a cat, right?

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:30:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy shit dude!  Call the health department...although I doubt he is serving it to customers.  Maybe he's just making use of stray cats.  I've always wanted a couple hundred cat pelts for my creations.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Assuming he didn't steal someone's pet cat, what is the problem?

So he eats different stuff than you do. Big deal.

It takes all kinds to make a world.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:31:39 PM EDT
[#4]
In this situation, there is definitely more than one way to skin a cat...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder how many ways he knows?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:36:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Got to skin them.
Otherwise you get hair in your teeth.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:42:07 PM EDT
[#7]

He must have been skinning the fookin' thing alive if it was whining.....  Don't mess with that dude, skinnin' a live cat takes a baaaaad mofo!  <insert BS flag here>
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I don't understand your dilema: meat is meat.  I would ask if I could try some.

Cheers
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:52:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
although I doubt he is serving it to customers.

It has been a very long time (about 25 years or more) but a local Chinese restaurant was cited for having 7 skinned and gutted cats hanging in the walk in refrigerator.  I remember the story and have eaten there a few times since.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Video tape it and call the cops. Skinning a live cat is pretty sick, most wacko people that flip out and torture/murder people start out doing it to animals.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Video tape it and call the cops. Skinning a live cat is pretty sick, most wacko people that flip out and torture/murder people start out doing it to animals.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:58:00 PM EDT
[#12]
There is no way that a restaurant can afford to buy cat meat or pay it's workers to catch cats cheaper than they can buy chicken.  You can get chicken by the case for about .30 per pound.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
There is no way that a restaurant can afford to buy cat meat or pay it's workers to catch cats cheaper than they can buy chicken.  You can get chicken by the case for about .30 per pound.

No use the cheap chicken to lure the millions of feral cats that are out there
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:07:11 PM EDT
[#14]
When man bites dog that's news.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Nothing.

Uh, No, I don't believe it is.
The local Chinese Restaurant was found to have a couple of skinned cats hanging in their freezer about ten years ago.

I just had  an incident involving someone skinning a couple of dogs and the SPCA officer told me that was a felony level offense.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:16:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

If any chinese restaurants actually serve cat you can believe it is to customers
who ask for it, and at a premium price too.  There have been some restaurants busted
before for selling all kinds of exotic meat, but it was always to knowing customers
who asked for it.  They didn't try to pass it off as beef, pork,  etc...

There is too much of a difference in the flavor, don't ask...

'Man's best friend' has a much more appetizing flavor IMHO.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:17:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nothing.

Uh, No, I don't believe it is.
The local Chinese Restaurant was found to have a couple of skinned cats hanging in their freezer about ten years ago.

I just had  an incident involving someone skinning a couple of dogs and the SPCA officer told me that was a felony level offense.

Yeah, right!  Like you could cook a dog without skinning it first.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Since no one else said it .... I will .

Some people enjoy eating pussy
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#19]
WTF man?  Call the fucking police
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#20]
with the coming bird flu he might be changing his menu...ah thats right cats can get bird flu too....
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:24:00 PM EDT
[#21]
By the way, when we lived in the neighborhood I did notice people's pet cats disappearing.  The folks across the street could never find "Larry" and we lost a cat named "Paint."  Larry even had a collar, which probably got boiled in their hot and sour soup.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#22]
I could sure use a family of hard core Chinese in my neighborhood, they wouldn't have to shop for a year.....
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#23]
It's nothing new to me.

Back in the early 80's, there were some foreigners (Indians?) in a low-income one-level apartment behind my dad's auto shop that were killing cats and curing (?) them on their roof. I guess they were making cat jerky.

Think about that the next time you're at a gun show.

Scott
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:34:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes, I'll take the....um #7 with a couple of 12's and don't forget the fotune cookies cowboy!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I could sure use a family of hard core Chinese in my neighborhood, they wouldn't have to shop for a year.....

Same here!

I'll probably go buy a 22 and take care of it myself.  Cat jerky for everyone.

Scott
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#27]
I KNEW THAT WAS NOT CHICKEN!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#28]
It's probably just for personal use...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#29]
If he is torturing the cats, I'd have a big problem with it.

If he is stealing and eating peoples' cats, I'd have a big problem with it.

If he is humanely killing and eating cats that are on his property, then I wouldn't do anything.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Tell your wife's uncle to:

Better yet, get your ass over there and:

Draw down on him!

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Isn't funny that a skinned cat with its paws and head cut off, looks just like a rabbit skinned with its head and paws cut off.

Mabye not funny, but strangly familar.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Ther's one in my neighborhood that if it comes and attacks my cat one more time I will UPS it to him so he can eat it, too!

GR
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Assuming he didn't steal someone's pet cat, what is the problem?

So he eats different stuff than you do. Big deal.

It takes all kinds to make a world.

+1 Some people eat, (gasp) rabbit!!!

It's a little wierd, but when you look at it from his point of view, I'm sure it's not that wierd.

As long as they kill the cat quickly, and aren't skinning it, then letting it run around, I have no problem with that AT ALL.

I would be shocked when I first saw it though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
This is no shit.  A couple years ago my wife heard a whining cat at the next door neighbor's house, who happens to be Chinese and the owner of a couple local Chinese restaurants.  She looked over the fence and saw the man holding a plastic grocery bag with a cat's body inside.  I never believed her . . . until today.

Her uncle (who now owns our former house) heard a whining cat at the man's house today and looked over to see him skinning a cat.

Wait a minute.  Your wife's uncle told you he saw something?  Yeah, you better call the cops.  My best friend from college's girlfriend's mom saw Elvis once.  As soon as I heard about it I called missing persons.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Whats the big deal?  So maybe he likes to eat cats.  Probably in his culture it is not only acceptable but it is normal.  I see no problem with it.  You should go over there and see if you can learn something.  It would suck to starve to death while there are plenty of cats around.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Whats the big deal?  So maybe he likes to eat cats.  Probably in his culture it is not only acceptable but it is normal.  I see no problem with it.  You should go over there and see if you can learn something.  It would suck to starve to death while there are plenty of cats around.

I don't have a huge problem with it and have long said I would eat cat or dog if I was hungry.
But he is not in his culture anymore, he is in our Country and for what ever reason it is not acceptable here so he should not do it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:46:29 PM EDT
[#37]

"Cat in the Kettle" (sung to the tune of "Cat in the Cradle")

Did you ever think, when you eat Chinese
It ain’t pork or chicken but a fat siamese?
Yet the food tastes great, so you don’t complain.
But that’s not chicken in your chicken chow mein.
Seems to me I ordered sweet-and-sour pork
But Garfield’s on my fork.
He’s purrin’ here on my fork.

There’s a cat in the kettle at the Peking Moon
The place that I eat every day at noon.
They can feed you cat and you’ll never know
Once they wrap it up in dough, boys:
They fry it real crisp in dough.

Chou Lin asked if I wanted more
As he was dialin’ up his buddy at the old pet store.
I said "Not today. I lost my appetite.
"There’s two cats in my belly and they want to fight."
I was suckin’ on a Rolaid and a Tums or two
When I swear I heard it mew, boys:
And that is when I knew...

There’s a cat in the kettle at the Peking Moon
I think I gotta stop eatin’ there at noon.
They say that it’s beef or fish or pork
But it’s purrin’ there on my fork.
There’s a hair-ball on my fork.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:48:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Dammit, you guys have got me hungry now
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:51:27 PM EDT
[#39]
damn now i want some chinese food.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:52:07 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

id have him busted .

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#41]
If it were at his residence than it was more than likely just for him... so just chill out and let the man does as he please?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:00:32 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't have a huge problem with it and have long said I would eat cat or dog if I was hungry.
But he is not in his culture anymore, he is in our Country and for what ever reason it is not acceptable here so he should not do it.

Well golly, we should stop the Irish from eating hagis and drinking as well.  Why the Indians should be barred from eating any curry. It stinks you know.   While we are at it, the damn Inuits like that raw seal and whale meat. Totally disgusting. Since we should dictate how these people should live and eat, we should also force them to be Christians only.  No other religions or beliefs should be allowed.

Dude thats a retarded statement.  America is called a melting pot for a reason.  Just because you dont like it or find some customs strange doesnt mean its any less valid then yours.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
By the way, when we lived in the neighborhood I did notice people's pet cats disappearing.  The folks across the street could never find "Larry" and we lost a cat named "Paint."  Larry even had a collar, which probably got boiled in their hot and sour soup.

If you still lived in Idaho at the time, i'd bet 10-1 odds it was coyotes.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:04:43 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
If it were at his residence than it was more than likely just for him... so just chill out and let the man does as he please?

Exactly.

Also, when I goto a Chinese resturant, I am given a separate menu.  Its different then the normal ones that are handed out.  You have to ask for it.  It has all the old country dishes in it.  Its not in english.  Its in Chinese, Japanese and Korean. I read a little Korean so I can order what looks familiar.

Most of those cat stories about Chinese resturants, the meat was served as a delicacy.  The people buying them knew that the meat was Cat or Dog and paid a premium to get it.

Even with stray animals, the processing and the unstable supply of meat would make it economically unfeasible.  How are you going to maintain a steady supply of stray cat?  You cant.  Its easier to call, Sysco and have them bring you chicken that already processed for pennies a pound.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you still lived in Idaho at the time, i'd bet 10-1 odds it was coyotes.

Not in a city of 50,000.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:11:08 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
If he is torturing the cats, I'd have a big problem with it.

If he is stealing and eating peoples' cats, I'd have a big problem with it.

If he is humanely killing and eating cats that are on his property, then I wouldn't do anything.

+1
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

Also, when I goto a Chinese resturant, I am given a separate menu.  Its different then the normal ones that are handed out.  You have to ask for it.  It has all the old country dishes in it.  Its not in english.  Its in Chinese, Japanese and Korean. I read a little Korean so I can order what looks familiar.

Most of those cat stories about Chinese resturants, the meat was served as a delicacy.  The people buying them knew that the meat was Cat or Dog and paid a premium to get it.

Even with stray animals, the processing and the unstable supply of meat would make it economically unfeasible.  How are you going to maintain a steady supply of stray cat?  You cant.  Its easier to call, Sysco and have them bring you chicken that already processed for pennies a pound.

What's on this "secret" menu?  Is it worth learning Chinese?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:19:56 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Skinning a live cat huh?  Yep, I believe it......
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top