User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2006 2:03:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:03:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Face Herpes man, face herpes.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:04:00 PM EDT
[#2]
You have herpes...thanks for the info dude...LOL

ETA: If you "go down on someone" you will give them genital herpes. If you kiss someone, you will give them what you have.

Just think of all the people you may have infected already...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:05:34 PM EDT
[#3]
yes they are VERY contagious and yes you can EASILY spread them to others.

they are a form of herpes and are caused by a virus.  this means that they can not be cured, only treated.  your best bet is herpacin L (i think that's what it's called)

regular medicated chap stick or carmex helps too, but does not get rid of them, just makes them better.

good luck, and try to avoid contacting anyone with your lips or sharing drinks while you have an outbreak

ETA: after this disease kills you, can i have your guns?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Herpecin is a product that you can use to sooth cold sores.

Herpe... cin, ah, nevermind.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:08:28 PM EDT
[#5]
update they are inside my mouth so i think they are called cankers and they are not contagious
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Oral form of herpes.  Contagious by contact with open sores.  Maybe contagious even when asymptomatic.  Outbreaks induced by sunburn, windburn, allergies, trauma (you), phases of the moon, etc.  Don't kill yourself or anything; something like 90% of the adult population has been exposed at some point.  Most people are asymptomatic.  

Edit:  Oops, I guess you have canker sores.  Totally unrelated.  Try changing your toothpaste brand.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:09:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

no they are in my mouth, I guess they are called cankers and they are not contagious
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
update they are inside my mouth so i think they are called cankers and they are not contagious

ya, those things are just a pain in the ass.  i get them from time to time, and there's nothing you can do.  i usually end up nipping them off with my teeth, even though i know that does not help
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:09:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Herpes.
You prolly got them from one of those women you always post about.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:11:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Herpes.

+1.  There's a reason why they are so easy.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Try L-Lycine. I believe its an amino acid that can help reduce the incidence of mouth ulcers/cold sores. You can find it at Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no they are in my mouth, I guess they are called cankers and they are not contagious

I understand that it is embarrassing Greg, but it's important to realize that you really do have Herpes, and it is VERY contagious!!!

Quoted:
I've had them as long as I can remember, family members also get them.

Are they contangious? can I spread them to others?  Any other info? I haven't got them in a long time then the other day i got one after i bumped my lip.

any help?

Looks like you understand, just be careful around others

ETA: Chances are that you have contracted HPV as well. I would schedule an HPV test ASAP!!!!
9 out of 10 people that have Herpes, also have HPV. It doesn't usually show up in regular STD tests. You need to take a specific HPV test...good luck man.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:14:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Herpes.

WRONG cankers are inside the mouth, herpes is outside.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:17:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Herpes.

I'm no doctor, but I don't believe this is correct.  Wait a minute, didn't your post title originally say "cold sores?"
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:17:59 PM EDT
[#15]
lol i dont have cankers, but for some reason one or two sweat glands right under my lip like to get white heads about ever  months which looks really bad lol
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:18:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Herpes.

...and you said you bumped your lip and now you have another one. It's Herpes for God's sake!!
You also called them cold sores - which IS >Herpes !!

Get a test and quit arguing about it. You don't want to accept it...it's called DENIAL! Just don't pass it on to anyone because you're telling yourself it's something that it isn't.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:19:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Herpes.

I'm no doctor, but I don't believe this is correct.  Wait a minute, didn't your post title originally say "cold sores?"

yeah but i looked it up in a medical book and I was useing the wrong word, meant to say canker!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:19:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm still not gonna kiss you so don't get any ideas!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Herpes.

yeah but i looked it up in a medical book and I was useing the wrong word, meant to say canker!

Take a pic and post it here for the experts.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Herpes.

Take a pic and post it here for the experts.

You know it's Herpes. He described it in detail. He's just in denial about it. Kinda sad. Sorry to hear about it Greg. I can't imagine how bad that would suck.
This may make you feel better though...3 out of 4 arfcommers have it too  

ETA: not me though THANK GOD knock on wood
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Here's some info for you Greg. Hope this helps.

www.herpes.org/
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#22]
lol oral herpes exist in 90%+ of people be much more suprising if you didnt. But outbreaks arent common
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:38:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Cancor sores are those little white hard round things inside your cheek and elsewhere inside your mouth, etc.

Cold sores are on the lips or right around the outside of the mouth.  Cold sores = Herpes Simplex A.  It's not an STD, but it is a form of Herpes.  The STD is Herpes Simplex B.

Cold sores are highly contageous during outbreaks.  Cankers aren't.

Quoted:
You know it's Herpes. He described it in detail. He's just in denial about it. Kinda sad. Sorry to hear about it Greg.

Um, everything he described about it indicates it's canker sores.  I used to call them cold sores too until I learned the difference.

But to be safe, I'd see a dermatologist.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#25]
You got teh canker sores. No biggie.

Cold sores suck.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#26]
That's why you shouldn't let those girls snowball you.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:11:38 PM EDT
[#27]
da-da-damn, so many stupid people with guns.  

familydoctor.org/613.xml

Google is your friend.  That is why I am so brilliant.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Pack a bit of salt between your lip and the canker sore. It'll burn a bit but the sore will be gone within a day.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#29]
I've found that they happen with a trauma (bumped lip)  and a depressed immune system, generally from a lack of proper sleep, and/or vitamin deficiency.
- step up the oral hygiene
- salt/salt water rinse, or a high alcohol content mouthwash
- eat some proper meals
- get some sleep
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:22:59 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
yes they are VERY contagious and yes you can EASILY spread them to others.

they are a form of herpes and are caused by a virus.  this means that they can not be cured, only treated.  your best bet is herpacin L (i think that's what it's called)

regular medicated chap stick or carmex helps too, but does not get rid of them, just makes them better.

good luck, and try to avoid contacting anyone with your lips or sharing drinks while you have an outbreak

ETA: after this disease kills you, can i have your guns?

Those are cold sores not canker sores. He's probably talking about aphthous stomatitis, painfule sores inside the mouth that are NOT contagious.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:34:36 AM EDT
[#31]
This thread is worthless without pictures....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top