Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2001 3:33:14 PM EDT
I can search for keywords in my own posts that I know are out there and the search function will return either 'no posts found' or only a few of the many that exist.  Anyone else notice this when searching?
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 3:37:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#2]
How do you get it to search past 3 months?
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 3:46:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 7:12:41 PM EDT
[#5]
As they always tell me "You should have been here last week" it is a lot better than it was.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 5:46:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I've found it really hit or miss.  Try using a few different search terms or running the same search next time you log on.  I'm not complaining, 'cause it's like 1GUNRUNNER said.  BTW I think the FAQ's in each forum are the way to go if you aren't going to have a full search function.  We're heading in the right direction.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I find it works pretty good. All I do is type  one word that I know is in the subject in Keyword blank then check "Match any Word" (others must be blank), check "Subjects" (others must be left blank)and "All Forums" and "Finally Date Range". I never can remember exact wording so never use it. Anyway, it is handy. Problem is remembering one word. Put AK-47 and a whole slew will turn up in the 3 month section.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top