Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2006 9:03:07 AM EDT
OK, I bought me another car. This one is a 1979 Lincoln Continental Town Car Edition. This is one of the biggest cars ever made, if not the biggest. If you saw my other thread, then it is not the same car I posted there, but it is the same model.

This one is white. It had the engine rebuilt in 2003 and the new engine has less than 500 miles on it. It starts right up and it runs great. The water pump was rebuilt at the same time as the engine and the alternator was replaced too. The guy I bought it from also put a brand new battery in it the same day that I bought it. All of the lights work. The interior needs to be vaccumed but there are no holes or spots anywhere and it is not faded at all (it's da velour) and there is no cracking on the dash or any of the doors. The vinyl top is in decent shape. A little faded and dingy but no cracking or tears. The tansmission seems to be OK and the exhaust appeared to be fairly new too. It needs tires and there is quite a bit of surface rust so it needs to be painted as well. The brakes are completely shot. I have it at the shop now (Midas) and basically everything except the master cylinder and the front brake lines need to be replaced.

I paid $1,100 for the car. The brakes are going to cost me $1,000. I figure another $250-$300 for tires and $500-$750 for a Maacco paint job. So, when it's all said and done I'll have about a $3,000 dollar car. The insurance on it is only going to be $50 per month. The way I see it, if I get 3 years out of the car then It'll have only cost me about $80 per month plus insurance and i'll be able to save miles on my Nissan.

What do y'all think?

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:02:43 AM EDT
[#1]
That bad huh?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top