Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2006 8:32:21 AM EDT
Teen accidentally shoots self
The Sentinel - North Brunswick, NJ
March 16, 2006

NORTH BRUNSWICK - A 15-year-old Somerset resident shot himself on March 4 near the Birchwood Court apartment complex.

According to police, the victim said he was outside Building 9 around 11:40 p.m. when he found a gun and put it into his waistband. The weapon began to slip and as he tried to adjust it, it went off and hit his leg and groin area.

Although police found a shell casing but no weapon, the wound is believed to be accidental and self-inflicted. The victim was tended to by the first aid squad and was transferred to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick.

There is no further information at this time.

nbs.gmnews.com/news/2006/0316/Front_Page/023.html
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:34:58 AM EDT
[#1]
It never "went off", the dumbass pulled the trigger.

What was it my parents, the cops, and the schools always told me... Oh yeah, if you find a gun, don't touch it- get an adult.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:35:29 AM EDT
[#2]
"The victim was tended to by the first aid squad and was transferred to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick."

Heh Heh.... Wood Johnson.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:35:55 AM EDT
[#3]
i bet this kid was a real superstar.  all american athlete, chior boy, volunteers with the elderly, a true american hero.  accidents like this are tragic
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#4]
yea, my guns go off like that all the time.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:36:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Too bad he didn't shoot himself through the femoral artery and bleed to death on the spot.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:44:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
"The victim was tended to by the first aid squad and was transferred to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick."

Heh Heh.... Wood Johnson.  

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i bet this kid was a real superstar.  all american athlete, chior boy, volunteers with the elderly, a true american hero.  accidents like this are tragic

Or a "troubled youth who was just turning his life around"

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:52:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Fuck that If I find a gun and it is worth more then 200 dollars I'm going to unload it and add it to my collection.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:55:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Didn't hear about that and it happened about 15 min. from my house.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:01:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Yep, he just "found" the gun. Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure he did. Hope he can't reproduce, but probably just not our luck.

I always find guns in the dark at 11:40. They stand out in the darkness shining beams of light in all directions.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:09:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Fuck that If I find a gun and it is worth more then 200 dollars I'm going to unload it and add it to my collection.

Not me, I assume murder weapon and I sure as shit don't want that anywhere near me. I'd call the popo and ask for a receipt on it in case it was clean.

do they still let you keep what you find if it isn't stolen or claimed after 90 days or whatever? or has that been turned into the POPO beer and petty cash fund now?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#12]

We had a local 'youth'  sneak in to our club within the last month or so and was doing his wild west thang, spinning a pistol around his finger.  Shot himself.

Of course that is only outdone by the story floating around the club about the two cops allegedly shooting each other in the vest with a 9mm.  At least they had sense enough  to remove it before shooting it with an AK.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:35:24 AM EDT
[#13]
This is why I will only Meskin carry in the back.....
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

ER Doc:  "So tell us, Combat_Jack, how did you shoot yourself in the anus?"
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:54:07 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ER Doc:  "So tell us, Combat_Jack, how did you shoot yourself in the anus?"

Lol. Nah, a cocked and locked 1911 carried at 4 o'clock without a holster is actually pretty safe. I have never had the thumb safety come off, and even if it did the grip safety is not depressed in that position.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:03:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
[...]Although police found a shell casing but no weapon[...]

So where's the weapon?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:25:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[...]Although police found a shell casing but no weapon[...]

So where's the weapon?

13thWarrior found it
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Teen accidentally shoots self
The Sentinel - North Brunswick, NJ
March 16, 2006

NORTH BRUNSWICK - A 15-year-old Somerset resident shot himself on March 4 near the Birchwood Court apartment complex.

According to police, the victim said he was outside Building 9 around 11:40 p.m. when hefound a gun and put it into his waistband. The weapon began to slip and as he tried to adjust it, it went off and hit his leg and groin area.

Although police found a shell casing but no weapon, the wound is believed to be accidental and self-inflicted. The victim was tended to by the first aid squad and was transferred to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick.

There is no further information at this time.

more likely he stole the gun or he knew it was stolen
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top