Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 5:49:53 AM EDT
I have googled a little and haven't found anything on why homos are always protesting St. Patrick's day.  Is it the Catholic connection?  Would homos want to allow a Catholic float in a homo pride parade?  That is assuming you could find enough Catholics that wanted to be in a homo parade.

Thanks for any info.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:51:19 AM EDT
[#1]
The NYC people wouldn't let them march in the St. Pat's parade.  Their feelings were hurt over that.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:52:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I dont know why,but the thread title made me laugh my ass off
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:53:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Because they can only wear green in the parades, no rainbow?

My bet is that it has something to do with the Catholic/Christian connection to the holiday.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:56:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Because there is no such thing as an Irish fag.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:57:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Why do homos hate St. Patrick's Day?

Because homos are ghey
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:58:16 AM EDT
[#6]
'Cause they have sand in their manginas.....wait.....uhhh....

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:02:43 AM EDT
[#7]
New York City) Members of an Irish LGBT group stood on the sidelines of today's St. Patrick's Day Parade denouncing the chair of the parade committee for comparing gays to the Ku Klux Klan, neo-Nazis and prostitutes.

The Lesbian and Gay Organization was kept behind police barricades as the parade marched down Fifth Avenue this morning.

More than a decade ago a federal judge ruled that the Ancient Order of Hibernians, which organizes the parade, could bar the gay group on the grounds of religious freedom.  

In an interview with the Irish Times published on Friday Hibernian chair John Dunleavy said, "If an Israeli group wants to march in New York, do you allow Neo-Nazis into their parade? If African Americans are marching in Harlem, do they have to let the Ku Klux Klan into their parade?"

Dunleavy went on to tell the paper that "People have rights. If we let the ILGO in, is it the Irish Prostitute Association next?"

Asked about his comments at the beginning of today's parade, Dunleavy tried to avoid the issue.

"Today is St. Patrick's Day. We celebrate our faith and heritage. Everything else is secondary," he told reporters.

In a statement the Lesbian and Gay Organization denounced Dunleavy's remarks and politicians who took part in today's parade, including Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Sen. Hillary Clinton.

"Like queers in other NYC immigrant populations – Indian, Pakistani, Polish, Puerto Rican and others – Irish Queers have been forced to struggle for respect not only with our own community, but with the NYPD, courts and city officials who shore up the forces of anti-gay discrimination," the statement said.

"Many others  have stood with us for justice, boycotted the parade or simply stayed away. But although active support from politicians, non-Irish LGBT folk and Irish American groups may rise and subside, Irish Queers – who live each day with the specter of religious-inspired bigotry in our home spaces – continue to demand a respectful place in the important, symbolic St. Patrick’s Day parade."

Among those who refused to march today was City Council Speaker Christine Quinn, a lesbian and the second highest ranking city official next to Bloomberg.

Asked about Dunleavy's comments to The Irish Times Quinn said ""I don't even think they dignify a response."

"I can't deny who I am on any given day," Quinn, who was arrested in 1999 for protesting at an exclusionary parade in the Bronx told the Associated Press.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:03:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Why do homos hate St. Patrick's Day?

Because homos are ghey

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:05:55 AM EDT
[#9]

posted by SkyCatII
My bet is that it has something to do with the Catholic/Christian connection to the holiday.

Ok, where are the homos protesting Christmas and Easter?  Maybe they are using the "divide and conquer" method of destroying the culture?

posted by totalabuse

What about Henry Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzhenry?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:08:29 AM EDT
[#10]
They're offended because they aren't allowed to prance around in the parade dressed in assless chaps and leather thongs while whipping each other in front of all the families.

You know, the way the heterosexuals insist on putting floats in parades celebrating hetero sex.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:12:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

posted by SkyCatII

Ok, where are the homos protesting Christmas and Easter?  Maybe they are using the "divide and conquer" method of destroying the culture?

posted by totalabuse

What about Henry Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzhenry?

Fitzhenry? what kind of Irish name is that?

The two guys' real names are
Gerald Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzgerald.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:13:25 AM EDT
[#12]
And here I was thinking there was going to be a punchline!!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:14:21 AM EDT
[#13]

posted by pd223

I stand corrected.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:18:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
They're offended because they aren't allowed to prance around in the parade dressed in assless chaps and leather thongs while whipping each other in front of all the families.

You know, the way the heterosexuals insist on putting floats in parades celebrating hetero sex.

You mean like Mardi Gras
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:19:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Allow me to be the first to ask, "who cares?"

Their hate = their problem. Mine is cleaning green puke off the tips of me shoes and washing the sheets.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:24:03 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean like Mardi Gras

Now, everyone knows what's going on at Mardi Gras... and you probably won't be taking your kids to see the Zem Zem riders or the local VFW marching in those parades.  A Mardi Gras parade would be much more suitable for that type of 'exposure', regardless of orientation.

St. Patricks in NY is NOT the place.  Besides, it's too cold.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:24:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Their hate = their problem. Mine is cleaning green puke off the tips of me shoes and washing the sheets.

I actually forgot about St Paddy's till I saw this thread.now back to more important things..like refinishing my Rem Model 11 stock.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:28:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I actually forgot about St Paddy's till I saw this thread.now back to more important things..like refinishing my Rem Model 11 stock.

There you go. Merry day after to all!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:28:47 AM EDT
[#19]
No reason really. They're just being gay
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:56:10 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

posted by pd223

I stand corrected.

You're buying the first round of Guinness, sir!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:02:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Same reason Aryan Nation hates the Gay Pride Festival?

I don't know really.  Maybe if they could march in the parade and not make it about being "gay for St. Paddy's" they'd be welcome, but no, it's always about sexual identity, as if there's a "pedophile's for St. Paddy's" or even a "heteros for St. Patrick" group anywhere to be seen.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:09:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Homosexulas are always attempting to Legitimize their lifestyle choice

Legitimate-conforming to recognized principals or accepted rules and standards

For the Majority of Americans Homosexuality will never be the standard

Why these gheys (ILGO) insists on forcing their way into St.Pat's Parade is beyond me

Your ghey and Irish  Who Cares ? Go march in some ghey parade in the Village
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:11:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The NYC people wouldn't let them march in the St. Pat's parade.

That's all it is.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:19:04 AM EDT
[#24]
There is no sausage, just corned beef hash and cabbage.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#25]
The gays tried to introduce their sexual identity into something about Irish identity.  When the Irish pointed out the parade was about Irishness, not gayness, the gays were offended.

Frankly, I see the thing the gays wanted at 4th of July parades in my town.  The ethnic communities fly their falgs of their home countries at a parade about the USA nation. I know the spiel about the USA being a welcoming home to everyone who buys into the program, STILL, dont wave foreign flags at an event dedicated and created to celebrate the nation. The celebration is not about YOU.

Just irks me
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:23:06 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
New York City) Members of an Irish LGBT group stood on the sidelines of today's St. Patrick's Day Parade denouncing the chair of the parade committee for comparing gays to the Ku Klux Klan, neo-Nazis and prostitutes.

The Lesbian and Gay Organization was kept behind police barricades as the parade marched down Fifth Avenue this morning.

More than a decade ago a federal judge ruled that the Ancient Order of Hibernians, which organizes the parade, could bar the gay group on the grounds of religious freedom.  

In an interview with the Irish Times published on Friday Hibernian chair John Dunleavy said, "If an Israeli group wants to march in New York, do you allow Neo-Nazis into their parade? If African Americans are marching in Harlem, do they have to let the Ku Klux Klan into their parade?"

Dunleavy went on to tell the paper that "People have rights. If we let the ILGO in, is it the Irish Prostitute Association next?"

Asked about his comments at the beginning of today's parade, Dunleavy tried to avoid the issue.

"Today is St. Patrick's Day. We celebrate our faith and heritage. Everything else is secondary," he told reporters.

In a statement the Lesbian and Gay Organization denounced Dunleavy's remarks and politicians who took part in today's parade, including Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Sen. Hillary Clinton.

"Like queers in other NYC immigrant populations – Indian, Pakistani, Polish, Puerto Rican and others – Irish Queers have been forced to struggle for respect not only with our own community, but with the NYPD, courts and city officials who shore up the forces of anti-gay discrimination," the statement said.

"Many others  have stood with us for justice, boycotted the parade or simply stayed away. But although active support from politicians, non-Irish LGBT folk and Irish American groups may rise and subside, Irish Queers – who live each day with the specter of religious-inspired bigotry in our home spaces – continue to demand a respectful place in the important, symbolic St. Patrick’s Day parade."

Among those who refused to march today was City Council Speaker Christine Quinn, a lesbian and the second highest ranking city official next to Bloomberg.

Asked about Dunleavy's comments to The Irish Times Quinn said ""I don't even think they dignify a response."

"I can't deny who I am on any given day," Quinn, who was arrested in 1999 for protesting at an exclusionary parade in the Bronx told the Associated Press.

Militant gays are parasites. They feed off the attention, ANY attention, given to other more prominent and more popular groups just so they can get their twisted, mentally-disturbed message on the camera. "We're here, we're queer and we're IN YOUR FACE!!!!" is their mantra.

Nothing more than narcissistic media-whores every one of them.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:24:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Because the Irish still have the power to resist cultural decay.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:30:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Strange...for some reason, St Patrick's Day isn't all about vulger displays of sexuality.  They want you to keep your clothes on and celebrate the Green, not your sex life.

It's not about sex, so the gays just don't understand.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:32:33 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
The celebration is not about YOU.

There's a reason why the Gay Rights people are referred to as the Gay Mafia
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:54:02 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

members.cox.net/macallan_the/BABY.jpg

Militant gays are parasites. They feed off the attention, ANY attention, given to other more prominent and more popular groups just so they can get their twisted, mentally-disturbed message on the camera. "We're here, we're queer and we're IN YOUR FACE!!!!" is their mantra.

That's the NYC gays bitching......me I'm bitching about the crack I just found in the Rem 11 stock I just got done stripping.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:15:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Because there ghey.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:25:10 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Strange...for some reason, St Patrick's Day isn't all about vulger displays of sexuality.  They want you to keep your clothes on and celebrate the Green, not your sex life.

It's not about sex, so the gays just don't understand.

Pretty good summation.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's the NYC gays bitching......me I'm bitching about the crack I just found in the Rem 11 stock I just got done stripping.

I'm going to try to say this nicely: Even though I strongly disagree with your assumed sexual activities, you seem like one of the good guys.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:45:24 AM EDT
[#34]
this is getting ugly fo sho.

IBTL
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:25:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Same reason the homos desecrated St. Patrick's Cathedral circa 1988.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:30:45 AM EDT
[#36]
It irritates me that queers have to make everything about them and their faggotry.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:02:57 AM EDT
[#37]
I dont like gays!!!!!!!!! WHY?? cause im a homophobe???? NOPE. IT'S CAUSE THEY HAVE ALL THE FUN!!!!!!!!! We get stuck with women who have "golden box" syndrome, and they get to do it in the portopotty with a stranger at a construction site!!!!!!! and im damn mad and DAMN JEALOUS!! <--- green with envy! Straight guys , just imagine for one second what your life would be like if you could have the "gay lifestyle" but with women! You and your friends would be at home playing PS/2 bored as hell. Then someone says hey, heres an idea, lets go to the mall and go cruiseing! I heard that in the sears bathroom you go into a stall jingle your beltbuckle then some strange woman will come in and give you a hummer!! I knew a guy who did that 5 times in one day!!!! OR better yet i know this guy whos renting a house in fireisland, everyweekend 25 girls and 25 guys go and hang out there and engage in endless orgies and meaningless sex!! Then afterwards we can as a group all go look at the quaint antique shops! FUCK! You gays wanna talk about "repression"?? BAH! try to live as a straight for 25 years! Ever wonder why lesbians are SOOO angry?? cause they are in the same boat us straight guys are! They wanna live the "gay life" just like the men but they get "oh lets just be friends" and "lets just lie here and cuddle but no sex!" and "i dont feel safe around you yet" (whatever the hell that means!) oh well............rant over! maybe we'll have our fun in the next life................
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I dont like gays!!!!!!!!! WHY?? cause im a homophobe???? NOPE. IT'S CAUSE THEY HAVE ALL THE FUN!!!!!!!!! We get stuck with women who have "golden box" syndrome, and they get to do it in the portopotty with a stranger at a construction site!!!!!!! and im damn mad and DAMN JEALOUS!! <--- green with envy! Straight guys , just imagine for one second what your life would be like if you could have the "gay lifestyle" but with women! You and your friends would be at home playing PS/2 bored as hell. Then someone says hey, heres an idea, lets go to the mall and go cruiseing! I heard that in the sears bathroom you go into a stall jingle your beltbuckle then some strange woman will come in and give you a hummer!! I knew a guy who did that 5 times in one day!!!! OR better yet i know this guy whos renting a house in fireisland, everyweekend 25 girls and 25 guys go and hang out there and engage in endless orgies and meaningless sex!! Then afterwards we can as a group all go look at the quaint antique shops! FUCK! You gays wanna talk about "repression"?? BAH! try to live as a straight for 25 years! Ever wonder why lesbians are SOOO angry?? cause they are in the same boat us straight guys are! They wanna live the "gay life" just like the men but they get "oh lets just be friends" and "lets just lie here and cuddle but no sex!" and "i dont feel safe around you yet" (whatever the hell that means!) oh well............rant over! maybe we'll have our fun in the next life................

Aaah I see you have been reading our recruitment brochures again......That's not how it really is...we just tell everybody that.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:34:15 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

members.cox.net/macallan_the/BABY.jpg

I know. I never pegged you for being a "militant gay".

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:39:36 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm going to try to say this nicely: Even though I strongly disagree with your assumed sexual activities, you seem like one of the good guys.

+1 to that
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
this is getting ugly fo sho.

IBTL

AND +1 to that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top