Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/18/2006 4:40:16 AM EDT
It was all over the news here this morning. Said something about the cops being indicted. All that was shown was a five second clip of the vid.

Anybody got any more info or the whole vid?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:57:40 AM EDT
[#1]
That was in Deptford I believe...

The Courier Post is South Jersey's local paper....

www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060317/NEWS01/603170368/0/SPECIAL&theme=DEPTFORDPOLICE

Friday, March 17, 2006

By TIM ZATZARINY JR., BILL DUHART and JASON NARK
Courier-Post Staff

WOODBURY
Two suspended Deptford police officers were indicted Thursday by a Gloucester County grand jury in connection with the beating of a teenager during a car stop last month.

The Feb. 2 incident was caught by mobile video cameras inside the officers' vehicles.

A third Deptford officer was also indicted Thursday on a charge of lying in connection with a criminal investigation into the incident.

Patrolmen John Gillespie and Tim Parks were charged with official misconduct as well as aggravated assault and simple assault on 19-year-old Joseph Rao of Philadelphia.

During the motor vehicle stop, the officers choked, kicked and punched Rao, the indictment charges.

Officer Brian Green, 39, was charged with false swearing for allegedly misleading investigators about an incident he witnessed in which Gillespie was accused of choking Rao in the police headquarters booking area.

Gillespie, 34, and Parks, 28, who both joined the force in 2003, were suspended without pay after an internal investigation began last month. Green was suspended without pay Thursday.

All three officers were released after being served with the criminal complaints.

Gillespie's attorney, Ron Helmer, said Thursday it's his client who's the victim.

He noted that Rao kicked Gillespie while being placed in the back of the officer's patrol car.

"Anyone can be indicted, but a petit jury gets to hear both sides," Helmer said.

"It's astonishing the mouth on the individual who claims that he was mishandled by the police," Helmer said, referring to the videotapes of the incident that depict Rao repeatedly cursing the officers. "He even asked to get the handcuffs off so he can assault the cop. That's not consistent with someone who's been victimized by anybody."

Helmer denied that Gillespie assaulted Rao inside the police station.

Tim Quinlan, an attorney for Parks, said he was disappointed by the indictment and added his client acted properly during the stop. Parks only tried to stop Rao from escaping a patrol car after he kicked Gillespie, Quinlan said.

Green, a 12-year department veteran, could not be reached Thursday. It was unclear whether he had retained an attorney.

On Feb. 6, Rao filed complaints in Deptford Municipal Court charging Gillespie and Parks with simple and aggravated assault. Those complaints were referred to the prosecutor's office by Deptford police.

Rao's attorney, James Bell of Philadelphia, said Rao and his family were pleased with the indictments.

"This represents an important step toward justice being done," Bell said.

Gloucester County Prosecutor Sean F. Dalton on Thursday released the videotapes, which the Courier-Post had sought under the state's Open Public Records Act.

Dalton said during a press conference Thursday afternoon that it was important to act quickly once video of the police stop was viewed.

"The public has a right to know that this type of conduct is going to be taken seriously," the prosecutor said. "No one is above the law."

Deptford Chief John Marolt said he was "deeply saddened" by the situation. Marolt, a 27-year department veteran, said he couldn't recall another incident in which a Deptford police officer was criminally charged with use of excessive force.

"The Deptford police department prides itself on its service and commitment to the community," Marolt said.

Dalton said the officers' conduct was "unacceptable."

"This is a situation that obviously should have been handled differently," Dalton said. "There is physical abuse at the scene. There is verbal abuse at the scene and physical abuse back at the police station."

Dalton said Rao did not listen to the instructions of the police officers. But he said in that situation, the officers have an obligation to act professionally and in this case they did not.

About 11:19 a.m. on Feb. 2, Gillespie pulled over Rao's car after it allegedly went through a stop sign on Locust Grove Road near Lowe's.

The videotape from the camera mounted on the dashboard of Gillespie's patrol car shows the officer approaching Rao's car and requesting identification.

When Rao complains that he did nothing wrong, Gillespie asks him to step out of the vehicle and places him against the trunk of the car. "I get stopped every day," Rao tells the officer. "I didn't do anything."

"You're running your mouth to me," Gillespie replies. "All I'm trying to do is conduct a motor vehicle stop."

Parks, the backup officer, arrives about four minutes later. The camera mounted on his dashboard captured what transpired next. "He's three feet tall and he's got nothing but attitude from the minute I stopped him," Gillespie tells Parks.

As Rao continues to protest, Gillespie slams Rao's face into the trunk.

"I ain't dealing with your f------ b-------, dude," an agitated Gillespie tells Rao. "You're a f------ coward."

Gillespie then handcuffs Rao and leads him to the patrol car and places him in the back seat. As Gillespie is about to get into the driver's seat, Rao yells, "You know what man, f--- you!"

Gillespie then turns and leans through the left rear passenger side door, where Rao is sitting upright facing the door.

"Say what you got to say, pal," Gillespie says.

It is unclear exactly what happens next because the tinted back window of Gillespie's patrol car obscures the action.

But Gillespie appears to shove Rao backward into the car and Rao can be heard gasping as if he's being choked.

"What do you got to say?" Gillespie yells.

Parks and a third officer, patrolman Michael Brazelton, stand nearby. Brazelton has not been charged with any criminal offense.

Rao continues to curse Gillespie and yells, "Take me out of these handcuffs and I'll bring you to the ground."

He then kicks at the officer through the open door, appearing to strike Gillespie in the upper leg.

As Gillespie steps back, Parks leaps into the back seat on top of Rao and they struggle momentarily. It is unclear on the videotape whether Parks strikes Rao inside the patrol car.

Parks then drags a screaming Rao out of the car by his feet and tosses him to the ground.

"You got a lot of nerve, pal, kicking a cop," Gillespie says.

After the officers restrain Rao, he yells for his handcuffs to be removed.

"I'll tell you what I'm going to do," Gillespie says. "When I get back to HQ (headquarters) . . . I'm going to take 'em off and see what you got."

The videotape ends with Rao being driven away from the scene in the back of a patrol car.

Rao was taken to Underwood-Memorial Hospital in Woodbury, when he complained of jaw and neck pain and received pain medication.

The traffic stop took place next to a construction site for new townhouses.

On Thursday, Michael Bello, the superintendent of the construction site, said he remembered witnessing the incident, but could not recall seeing the officers assault Rao.

"I just remember the cops stopped the car and the kid was yelling," Bello, 27, recalled in an interview. "He was loudmouthing the cops."

Bello said there were many people on the site that day and that Rao was yelling for them to "videotape" the incident.

"He kept saying, "I hope everybody sees this,' " said Bello. "Everybody was looking but no one was that close."

Rao told the officers he was in the area to visit his mother, who lived nearby. No one answered the door at Rao's mother's home on Patriot's Ridge Drive on Thursday afternoon.

Charges of aggravated assault and disorderly conduct, along with motor vehicle summonses filed against Rao by Gillespie and Parks, were dismissed by a Superior Court judge last week at the request of the prosecutor's office.

Staff writer Wilford S. Shamlin contributed to this report. Reach Tim Zatzariny Jr. at (856) 251-3341 or

www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060318/NEWS01/603180341&theme=

Saturday, March 18, 2006

By WILFORD S. SHAMLIN
Courier-Post Staff

DEPTFORD
The indictment of three Deptford police officers in connection with a traffic-stop beating of a 19-year-old Philadelphia man has stirred varying reactions from Deptford residents.

"If they did wrong, I don't care who they are, including the president," said Frank Dunleavy, 68. "The law applies to everyone."

Cindi Stocklin, 28, said the grand jury indictment against three officers "doesn't look good" but it will not change her high regard for police officers. Her brother is an officer.

"You don't know both sides of the story," she said, adding the two officers at the car stop could have been provoked or felt threatened.

"Obviously, if they're in the wrong, they'll be punished for it," she said.

The next step in the case is a pre-arraignment conference for the three officers. They will appear in court for the first time within the next two weeks with their attorneys or be assigned a public defender. Prosecutors also will submit all their evidence.

Patrolmen John Gillespie, 34, and Tim Parks, 28, were indicted on Thursday on charges of official misconduct, aggravated assault and simple assault in the Feb. 2 beating of Joseph Rao, 19.

The traffic stop was recorded by video cameras in their police cruisers and the recording is now part of evidence in the hands of prosecutors.

Patrolman Brian Green, 39, was indicted on a charge of lying to investigators Feb. 17 as he was questioned about his knowledge of a confrontation between Gillespie and Rao in the booking area at police headquarters.

Some residents are surprised that three officers are charged with violating the laws they were sworn to uphold. But for others, the case only confirmed their suspicion about police here -- and elsewhere.

"I'm not really surprised," said Dan Pielaszk, 19, who said his friend's father was beaten during a confrontation with Deptford police. "I think everyone knows how Deptford cops are."

Denise Brathwaite, 44, said only the actions of a few are being called into question and that would not color her perception of police in general. She said the potential for wrongdoing exists in every community, not just Deptford.

The indictment came as a shock to Charles Batdorf, 19, who said: "I wouldn't really expect that out of Deptford cops. Deptford cops aren't as bad as some of the other surrounding towns."

Batdorf said he has been pulled over numerous times outside of Deptford for no reason and he's usually cleared after being detained anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes.

He called on Deptford Police Chief John Marolt to "do whatever he needs to do to make sure nothing like that happens again."

Dee Tarpley, 49, a Deptford native who now lives in Paulsboro, said, "Deptford cops have been like that for years. It's nothing new to me."

James Stubbs, who moved to Deptford recently, has seen similar cases in his 68 years. "Stuff like this goes on all the time," he said.

Gillespie and Parks were hired in 2003 and Green joined the force in 1993. All three have been suspended without pay.

A police officer working the beat Friday referred questions to Marolt, saying he could not break the chain of command by commenting.

A message was left at Marolt's office but was not immediately returned. Reach Wilford S. Shamlin at (856) 251-3346 or [email protected]

www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060317/NEWS01/603170369&theme=

Friday, March 17, 2006

The following is a chronology of the events that took place at the Feb. 2 motor vehicle stop. The times are from the video images shot from Patrolman John Gillespie's car.

11:18 a.m. Patrolman John Gillespie stops Joseph Rao on Locust Grove Road for allegedly failing to obey a stop sign.

11:20 a.m. Rao is removed from his car and Gillespie radios for a second officer.

11:22 a.m. Patrolman Timothy Parks arrives.

11:23 a.m. Patrolman Michael Brazelton arrives.

11:23 a.m. Rao is handcuffed and taken to the back of Gillespie's car, where he is searched by Parks.

11:25 a.m. Rao is placed in the back seat of Gillespie's car. An altercation occurs between Gillespie and Rao.

11:26 a.m. Both Parks and Gillespie get in the car with Rao. Shouts, screams and pleas are heard on the recordings of the dashboard cameras. Rao is eventually dragged from the car by Parks.

11:34 a.m. A fourth officer arrives with shackles.

11:35 a.m. Now shackled, Rao is placed back in Gillespie's car. Shortly thereafter, Gillespie gets in the driver's seat and begins the drive to headquarters.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:11:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:16:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.courierpostonline.com/video/deptfordpolice_031606.html

Here is the video...

Not working for me. How can I download it?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:17:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Tag

The asshole probably had it comin.

- BG

EDIT:  Yep.  Asshole had it comin.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:19:23 AM EDT
[#5]
19 year old FUCKING MORON!!!!

You do NOT want to fuck with the cops in that area... Little asshole ran his mouth, and I hate to say it...he got what he deserved...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:20:52 AM EDT
[#6]

-edit. He would have gotten away with just a ticket for running a stop sign if he wouldn't have been such a big mouth. Smart little shit.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:21:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is the video...

I think you need Real Player or Quicktime to view it...streaming video...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:26:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Here is the video...

I'll be on Social Security by the time that vid downloads....
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:26:20 AM EDT
[#9]
You need real or real alternative.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:26:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is the video...

I do. I hate streaming video. I have bottom of the line DSL. I see about 3 seconds of video then it starts 'communicating' for 2 minutes. Over and over again.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:30:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I do. I hate streaming video. I have bottom of the line DSL. I see about 3 seconds of video then it starts 'communicating' for 2 minutes. Over and over again.

Same here. About 15 seconds of vid, then it shuts down for two minutes, then the next 15 seconds runs....

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:33:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is the video...

I am in South Korea right now....

Took no time at all for me to download and I have the shittiest little DSL connection...

It shows the entire traffic stop....good quality too...

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:36:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is the video...

Took no time at all for me to download and I have the shittiest little DSL connection...

Korean web host?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:39:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I didnt see any ass beating just a little rough handling..and it did look like he kicked the cop
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:44:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Charges of aggravated assault and disorderly conduct, along with motor vehicle summonses filed against Rao by Gillespie and Parks, were dismissed by a Superior Court judge last week at the request of the prosecutor's office.

Excuse me??  I wonder how this would have turned out if Rao had talked in a normal tone and without all the profanity.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:45:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I didnt see any ass beating just a little rough handling..and it did look like he kicked the cop

Mistake #1 He did not cooperate

Mistake #2 He shot his mouth off to the cop...

I don't have any sympathy for the little shit...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:47:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Apparently Rao took his 'stupid pill' that morning:  "Today, I'm going to kick a cop."
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:52:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is the video...

Korean web host?

Wish I could download it and host it somewhere else, but I can find anyway to do it...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:53:02 AM EDT
[#19]
When you get pulled over you reply yes sir, no sir and keep your mouth shut.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:55:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
When you get pulled over you reply yes sir, no sir and keep your mouth shut.

And have your license, registration and insurance (where required) in hand.  Seems simple enough.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:55:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Tag to see if --------------------
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:00:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

If I could actually watch the video instead of waiting for it to stream, perhaps I could comment on it as well.

Until then, I have nothing to base a comment on.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:02:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Wow no cop bashing yet.....

Maybe there is hope for Arfcom.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:06:29 AM EDT
[#24]
===> Obligatory cop bashing
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:08:11 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I could actually watch the video instead of waiting for it to stream, perhaps I could comment on it as well.

Until then, I have nothing to base a comment on.

Yeah I'm watching it 20 seconds at a time, I thought it was just me.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:18:39 AM EDT
[#26]
OK the kid had a loud mouth but the cops should know better than that.
Fucking bully mother fuckers.
Real fucking tough with a hand cuffed skinny kid.
They would wet their fucking pants if confronted by a real man instead of some big mouthed kid.

From what I have heard they are screwed, they tunned the kid up good at the station and the third guy signed a false statement.
Fuck em, they will be in protective custody after they get sentenced.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:22:56 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
OK the kid had a loud mouth but the cops should know better than that.
Fucking bully mother fuckers.
Real fucking tough with a hand cuffed skinny kid.
They would wet their fucking pants if confronted by a real man instead of some big mouthed kid.

From what I have heard they are screwed, they tunned the kid up good at the station and the third guy signed a false statement.
Fuck em, they will be in protective custody after they get sentenced.

That part is the worst, IMO.

"I thought the suspect had a gun..."

The only thing I hate worse than a thief is a liar. If nothing else, that man should be charged for more serious crimes than the other two.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:25:14 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Excuse me??  I wonder how this would have turned out if Rao had talked in a normal tone and without all the profanity.

You think he needs to get choked and beat because he a has a foul mouth?
They are supposed to know better.
Choking someone in cuffs is as low as it gets.
You wonder what if the kid was civil, I wonder if he would have survived had this happened at night.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:31:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Cop should be fired..plain and simple.

If an LEO cannot take verbal abuse, he needs to find a new profession. Only a coward would assault and choke a handcuffed person because he was insulted......The fat LEO was nothing more than an asshole on a power trip, and a disgrace to anybody who wears a uniform....

Rest assured that I have no sympathy for that 19 y/o loud mouth, but that does not excuse the fact that the LEO's should have known better. Instead of trying to deescalate the situation, the LEO actually kept goading the little shit into escalating the situation....Very, very poor judgment on the part of the LEO...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:34:43 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You wonder what if the kid was civil, I wonder if he would have survived had this happened at night.

I know the cops knew better...

But I cannot bring myself to have any sympathy for that 19 year old piece of garbage...

Their are somethings you do not do... and one of those is to piss off a cop...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:40:55 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know the cops knew better...

But I cannot bring myself to have any sympathy for that 19 year old piece of garbage...

Their are somethings you do not do... and one of those is to piss off a cop...

Why because he can lie or worse, fuck you up and get away with it?

Those cops committed felonies right in front of that dash cam.
GUIDELINES
Under guidelines issued by the state Attorney General's Office:

Law enforcement officers are directed to use only the amount of force "reasonably necessary' in any situation.

Law enforcement officers must act to prevent or stop the use of excessive force by fellow officers.

"Officers are encouraged to do whatever they can to interrupt the flow of events before a fellow officer does something illegal and before any official action is necessary.'

"Law enforcement officers can serve each other and the public by simply saying or doing the right thing to prevent a fellow officer from resorting to force illegally or inappropriately.'

Officers are authorized to use force in the following instances:

-- To overcome resistance directed at the officer.

-- To protect the officer, or a third party, from unlawful force.

-- To protect property.

-- To effect other lawful objectives, such as to make an arrest.

On the Web: To read the New Jersey Attorney General's guidelines on use of force by law-enforcement officers, go to www.state.nj.us/lps/dcj/agguide/ useofforce2001.pdf

I know the kid is not a poster child of model behavior but he certainly did not deserve to be choked by the fat fucking slob on power trip.
He was also tunned up at the station, watch what happens when the 3rd cop cuts his deal, they are going to jail, cut and dried!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:53:52 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

YUP!!!

If that incident was not on tape...it would have been that kid's word against the cops...
The men in blue are usually given the benefit of the doubt....

I have to agree that what the cops did was out of line...

but the kid was stupid...very stupid...

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:54:58 AM EDT
[#33]
I am not allowed to tie up and beat the shit out of every smart mouthed punk I run across. Cops should be held to an even higher standard.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:56:58 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YUP!!!

If that incident was not on tape...it would have been that kid's word against the cops...

The D.A. dropped all the charges against the kid, even the stop sign ticket was thrown out.
The loud mouth kid is going get 6 or 7 figures out of this and the cops are going to jail, who's the stupid one now ?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:04:50 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

YUP!!!

The D.A. dropped all the charges against the kid, even the stop sign ticket was thrown out.
The loud mouth kid is going get 6 or 7 figures out of this and the cops are going to jail, who's the stupid one now ?

Their is no doubt it was wrong....the cops were stupid...

Now some worthless piece of shit is going to be zipping around in a new BMW

Kid got incredibly lucky though that it was all clearly on tape IMHO...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:06:45 AM EDT
[#36]
The only good thing that came of this is a few bad cops got busted. Aside from that, everything stinks, including a little punk getting ready to cash in for life. His lawyers, too.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:14:04 AM EDT
[#37]
You've got to wonder when kids (and adults for that matter) are going to learn this simple lesson, "If you fuck with the cops they'll fuck with you".  You can like it or not, but it's a fact of life.  Don't fuck with them, don't run, don't call them names, don't run your mouth, don't fight, and you'll be treated halfass decently.

The time to fuck with them is after you're out on bail or have been released.  Go get an attorney and fuck with them to your hearts, or your wallet's, content.  But fucking with them while you're in custody is begging for an ass beating.

What part of that is hard to figure out?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:24:56 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

No, but the kid adult should have known better as well.

Rao should still be charged for his offenses.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:26:39 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
You've got to wonder when kids (and adults for that matter) are going to learn this simple lesson, "If you fuck with the cops they'll fuck with you".  You can like it or not, but it's a fact of life.  Don't fuck with them, don't run, don't call them names, don't run your mouth, don't fight, and you'll be treated halfass decently.

The time to fuck with them is after you're out on bail or have been released.  Go get an attorney and fuck with them to your hearts, or your wallet's, content.  But fucking with them while you're in custody is begging for an ass beating.

the part that says it's okay for cops to kick the crap out of somebody because they don't like his mouth.  That's a big pile of crap.  I would sue those assholes for every penny they'll ever see.  Along with the department, township (if applicable) and the city.  They should know better than to beat up on a handcuffed suspect for being mouthy.  We do have a 1st Amendment in this country you know, and something called due process.  They have absolutely NO right to impose their own punishment on somebody for being a smartass.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:29:05 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Cop should be fired..plain and simple.

If an LEO cannot take verbal abuse, he needs to find a new profession. Only a coward would assault and choke a handcuffed person because he was insulted......The fat LEO was nothing more than an asshole on a power trip, and a disgrace to anybody who wears a uniform.... and probably had a hard on the whole time while roughing up the kid

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:29:08 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Instead of trying to deescalate the situation, the LEO actually kept goading the little shit into escalating the situation....Very, very poor judgment on the part of the LEO...

Yeah, a little verbal judo on his part would not have hurt.  Still, Rao set the tone for the interaction.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:37:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Isn't it dangerous getting in the backseat with a guy? He should've covered the punk in pepperspray.

And the other cop could lose some weight.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:38:36 AM EDT
[#43]
A case of a loud mouthed punk that needed his butt kicked and a belligerant cop that should have not opened the car door after the kid was in. The kid needs some jail time, the belligerant cop needs it to and he and the one that lied needs to be flat out fired.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:44:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Long video-but this kid has got a mouthy mouth.  I'm around the same age and I would never ever dream of talking to an LEO that way.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:47:55 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Instead of trying to deescalate the situation, the LEO actually kept goading the little shit into escalating the situation....Very, very poor judgment on the part of the LEO...

Yeah, a little verbal judo on his part would not have hurt.

Exactly

Still, Rao set the tone for the interaction.  

True, but its not relevant. LEOs are trained in how to handle this exact type of situation, and it does not involve the use of force.....
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:51:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:52:50 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
...this kid has got a mouthy mouth, just like the majority of the people from NJ.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:53:24 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

The part where the cops are sworn to uphold the law and think it's OK to break it by beating a handcuffed kid.

Who's the bigger criminal in this story, the loud mouth kid or the scum bags who choked &  beat him while handcuffed?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Isn't it dangerous getting in the backseat with a guy? He should've covered the punk in pepperspray.

And the other cop could lose some weight.

Not now he won't, he'll gain a ton wotrking at McDonalds after this.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:57:52 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...this kid has got a mouthy mouth, just like the majority of the people from NJ.

What an idiotic blanket statement that was.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top