Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 2:46:08 AM EDT
The threaded quick-disconnect fitting adapter for my pool cleaner was cracked, so I tried to remove it and it would not turn and ended up peeling off.  I need an easy-out or something that is 1.75" in diameter!  Any help would be appreciated!  The fitting has internal notches and well, those are broken too....I need to find a larger version of a sprinkler riser removal tool....I think that would work, if it exists...Please help me locate one!

thanks!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:48:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Its 30 friggin degrees here and I'm gonna help you with your POOL LOL
Can you take it to a Supply house or is it still connected to the pool?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:51:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The threaded quick-disconnect fitting adapter for my pool cleaner was cracked, so I tried to remove it and it would not turn and ended up peeling off.  I need an easy-out or something that is 1.75" in diameter!  Any help would be appreciated!  The fitting has internal notches and well, those are broken too....I need to find a larger version of a sprinkler riser removal tool....I think that would work, if it exists...Please help me locate one!

thanks!

Got access to Mcmaster Carr? They have everything. I remember I purchased a big easy out from them for a big NPT fitting that was trashed.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:53:10 AM EDT
[#3]
good thing it is PVC....last time I has a similar problem with my pool's fountain and picked at it with a punch and was lucky to not damage the threads....

I found pipe extractors so far up to 1.25"....dammit....

still looking....
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:59:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Got access to Mcmaster Carr? They have everything. I remember I purchased a big easy out from them for a big NPT fitting that was trashed.

It appears they do not have anything big enough.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:00:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Its 30 friggin degrees here and I'm gonna help you with your POOL LOL
Can you take it to a Supply house or is it still connected to the pool?

it is attached to the pool....
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:41:35 AM EDT
[#6]
If they are male threads that are broken off in a female fitting (pvc), just take a saw and cut notches not quite down to the threads.  Then take a stout screwdriver and break/peel a piece or two out.  the rest will easily unscrew.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top