Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/17/2006 5:29:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Very funny.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:32:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Just curious, what uniform do/did you wear?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just curious, what uniform do/did you wear?

I am guessing by his name choice he was Naval Infanrty/Marine.

It means Devil Dog
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:35:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Teufel Hunden

It doesn't take too much super spy detective google work to figure it out.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Teufel Hunden

It doesn't take too much super spy detective google work to figure it out.

I'm no spy and it's much easier to just ask you.  If you are bound by some vow to never disclose your affiliation, that's cool too.  Whatever.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#6]
those are some dangerous assault pajamas right there.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Outstanding Citizen Soldier!

Jarhead, 88-93

1st MAR DIV

SRIG- Surveilliance, Recon, & Intel Group

0331 Heavy Machine Gunner

Sorry if any of you can't take the joke, always liked pickin on flyboys cause they kicked us out of the E-club on Camp Kadena, Okinawa Japan in 89'
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Sorry if any of you can't take the joke, always liked pickin on flyboys cause they kicked us out of the E-club on Camp Kadena, Okinawa Japan in 89'

that's ok.  whenever we need to track down a Marine to do something we just follow the knuckle tracks to where they're hiding
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Jarhead, 88-93

1st MAR DIV

I am Army National Guard in Iraq but most of my genetics is Marine Corps.  My father was Pre Nam era Corps and My great Uncle was a WWII Raider.  Army made the right offer at the right time so I went that route and have fought it out with family since 1988.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Jarhead, 88-93

1st MAR DIV

Thank you for your service and sacrifice.  I was never stationed in Japan so don't blame me! I stayed stateside.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Always did appreciate the taxi service

Hows about turnin up da heat though?

Them 130's can get damn cold at altitude
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#13]
How dare you make fun of our new uniform

Haven't you heard...Soon,...that will be issued AF wide
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone who volunteers to defend our freedom has got my respect.

There are a lot of folks who wouldn't.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Why not.  I make fun of ours!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Same goes for you too man!  Thanks for your service!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why not.  I make fun of ours!

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

damned right.  the inter-service rivalry is a RIGHT earned by those that serve/ed

if you havnt worn the uniform, you have not earned the right to make the jokes
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't worry guys , the AF security force guys have evolved from

into their own new uniform system, too......

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#20]
BTW, luv your nick Napoleon.

I have a tannerite video to share...............

Let me find somewhere to host it.......................
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:56:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

damned right.  the inter-service rivalry is a RIGHT earned by those that serve/ed

if you havnt worn the uniform, you have not earned the right to make the jokes

I earned the right many years ago but I wont use it.  I am so proud of my brothers and sisters that I can't bring myself to joke about their choice of service branch, but y'all have at it.  Like you said, you earned it!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:02:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

afsf.lackland.af.mil/Images/PICT0860.JPG

www.rangercentral.com/images/prspd-rg-blueswat.jpg

I have some powerpoint slides back at work I gotta post here...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

afsf.lackland.af.mil/Images/PICT0860.JPG

www.rangercentral.com/images/prspd-rg-blueswat.jpg

DAMMIT I just choked on my ramen!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Tannerite kicks ass

media.putfile.com/Tannerite42

2nd shooter is prior 275th Rangers, just to let y'all no I'm not  a service bigot.........

my son is in the background yelling "holy guacamole" (he's only 12)- born exactly 10 months after I got back from Somalia
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:45:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I am definitely sending this to my co-worker.  She's going to be a door gunner on a Air National Guard rescue chopper crew.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#26]
LOL!  Funny shit!  Hoorah Teufel Hunden!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Jarhead, 88-93

1st MAR DIV

More than likely it was me that kicked ya out of the E club on Kadena

I was a SP there from Mar 89-Mar 92 on Kadena and broke up quite a few fights and such when the club was overloaded with horny jarheads hitting on skanky AF babes

Oh and for the record it was not camp Kadena but Kadena Air Base
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#28]
And I thought they went with the 'footy' design....
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#29]
On a serious note (not sure if its a repost, or what sparked this thread).  Here is the new uniform, for real.  It looks like crap in pics, but much better in person, its actually very light, almost the same shade as ACUs in person.  I wish we would just issue ACUs instead, they are a decent looking very functional uniform, and we won't have to worry about anyone stepping on our blue suede boots.  

Airman Battle Uniform finalized, ready for production

by Master Sgt. Mitch Gettle
Air Force Print News

3/17/2006 - WASHINGTON (AFPN) -- The new Airman Battle Uniform is ready for production and will be available in fiscal 2007, said the Air Force deputy chief of staff of personnel.

Many factors were considered in developing the final uniform selection, with the concern for Airmen being at the top of the list, said Brig. Gen Robert R. Allardice.

"We were looking for a uniform that would be easier to maintain," he said. "We wanted to provide a uniform that the Airman wouldn't need to spend a lot of out-of-pocket expenses to maintain."

Also, Airmen’s feedback throughout the process was beneficial in adding new pockets on the uniform.

"We listened to the Airmen's request where they wanted pockets to hold small tools and when they wear body armor the existing shirt pockets are not accessible or usable," General Allardice said. "It will have the four pockets on the front of the shirt, and also a small pencil pocket on the left forearm and two pockets on the lower legs. In addition, inside the side pockets and inside of the breast pockets there will be smaller sewn-in pockets to hold small tools, flashlights or cell phones."

The new uniform design is a pixilated tiger stripe with four soft earth tones consisting of tan, grey, green and blue. The ABU will have a permanent crease and will be offered in 50-50 nylon-cotton blend permanent press fabric eliminating the need for winter and summer weight uniforms.

Will the new ABU need to be starched and pressed?

"Absolutely not," he said. "Our uniform requirement is we want a uniform that you wash, pull it out of the dryer, and wear it. This requirement meets the ease and cost effectiveness needs in maintaining a uniform."

He speaks from personal experience and added that in the long run it will save Airmen money on dry cleaning costs.

"I tested this uniform. I wash it, take it right out of the dryer and wear it," General Allardice said. "We don't want people putting an iron to it."

The fit of the uniform was also a concern for Airmen.

"Were making them available in more sizes to fit the body better," he said. "We've taken the time to produce more sizes and tailored them for men and women."

Some other ABU accessory items:

-- A tan T-shirt will be worn; Airmen will be required to maintain one tan T-shirt with an Air Force logo on the front and Air Force written on the back.

-- Suede cowhide boots in matching green-gray color; like the desert boot these will be polish-free and available in men’s and women’s sizes.

-- The word color for the name, U.S. Air Force, and rank is midnight blue; nametapes and rank insignia background will be tan and will be sewn on using a matching tan color thread.

-- The ABU adopts the battle dress uniform hat style for primary use and the floppy hat design will be used in some deployed areas.

"This is the uniform of the future," General Allardice said. "Eventually when enough of these uniforms are manufactured, we will phase out the BDU and desert combat uniforms."

The current projected mandatory wear date for the new ABU is fiscal 2011.

The only thing that needs to be determined is if patches will be worn and the Air Force chief of staff will make that determination soon, General Allardice said.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:03:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Want to bet ya will be starching them

When the AF 1st went to BDU's they said no starch, but within a couple months that went away & they were starched like crazzy.

I was actually the 1st person to wear BDU's in the old school ALS on Offutt AFB & they had no idea how to inspect them other than looking for ropes
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:08:59 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Want to bet ya will be starching them

When the AF 1st went to BDU's they said no starch, but within a couple months that went away & they were starched like crazzy.

I was actually the 1st person to wear BDU's in the old school ALS on Offutt AFB & they had no idea how to inspect them other than looking for ropes

The only way to avoid that would be to make fabric that self destructs when an iron is applied, and that wouldn't work too well in the dryer.    I know its going to happen though.  The Chief I saw wearing them (USAF Academy CCMSgt) said he had to iron his stripes once so they would have a crease to match the one in the sleeves (permanent).  He said other than that they came straight out of the dryer and on the hanger, and his looked really good.  I hope they make ironing them specifically prohibited in the new AFI 36-2903, that way I can give paperwork to the first eager beaver overachiever that wants to starch the damn things.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:10:45 PM EDT
[#32]
I've seen the new uniform in person too and I won't really mind wearing this one.  It is a lot better than the first ghey blue version.  This newer style looks and kind of feels like summer weight BDUs.  It is not much of a change over what the old BDUs are like except for a retro Vietnam tigerstripe pattern and almost spot on ACU colors.  I like the boots too because there will be no more shining boots.  Shined shoes are a must for a dress uniform but in a work uniform it is just a waste of time IMHO.

I'll buy the new uniform the day it comes out.  I have already decided to never buy another pair of BDUs.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:15:08 PM EDT
[#33]
At least the USAF does not have boots like the Marines with "TGIF" label in them.............

Toes go in first !
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:22:00 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
At least the USAF does not have boots like the Marines with "TGIF" label in them.............

Toes go in first !

I would think the chAir Force would get that on their uniforms - thank god its friday.  It must be nice to get off every day at 16:30 and get every weekend off.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Toes go in first !

I would think the chAir Force would get that on their uniforms - thank god its friday.  It must be nice to get off every day at 16:30 and get every weekend off.

What Air Force is that?  I joined the wrong one I guess.  I'm on 12s for the next 10 days.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Toes go in first !

I currently work 11 hour days 6 days a week.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By adair_usmc
I would think the chAir Force would get that on their uniforms - thank god its friday. It must be nice to get off every day at 16:30 and get every weekend off.

I hate to say this after spending 10 years in the USAF, I would agree with ya. But  it was'nt like
That in the Security Police carrer field. But yes on the rest of them.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:37:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Originally Posted By adair_usmc
I would think the chAir Force would get that on their uniforms - thank god its friday. It must be nice to get off every day at 16:30 and get every weekend off.

I hate to say this after spending 10 years in the USAF, I would agree with ya. But  it was'nt like
That in the Security Police carrer field. But yes on the rest of them.

Really?  You were out there on the flightline by yourself?  Or were there 75,000 maintainers working 24/7/365 to get those broke pigs back in the air, and 20K aircrew flying them at all hours of the day, and untold numbers of services personnel cooking the chow at 0200, 1600, 0600, etc.  Yeah, the cops are the only ones that do 24/7 ops.......sure.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Chairborne
Really? You were out there on the flightline by yourself? Or were there 75,000 maintainers working 24/7/365 to get those broke pigs back in the air, and 20K aircrew flying them at all hours of the day, and untold numbers of services personnel cooking the chow at 0200, 1600, 0600, etc. Yeah, the cops are the only ones that do 24/7 ops.......sure.

From 78-88 at every state side base I was at, Kelly AFB, Grand Forks AFB, Ellsworth AFB,
The flight line look like a ghost town on the weekend except for the Security, totally differant
Over seas, most of the whole base was 24/7 Osan AB, Kunsan AB, Clark AB. Its seems when
On a state side base they were more into politics and bullshit than performing the "mission"
Like what goes on at a over seas location.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Originally Posted By Chairborne
Really? You were out there on the flightline by yourself? Or were there 75,000 maintainers working 24/7/365 to get those broke pigs back in the air, and 20K aircrew flying them at all hours of the day, and untold numbers of services personnel cooking the chow at 0200, 1600, 0600, etc. Yeah, the cops are the only ones that do 24/7 ops.......sure.

From 78-88 at every state side base I was at, Kelly AFB, Grand Forks AFB, Ellsworth AFB,
The flight line look like a ghost town on the weekend except for the Security, totally differant
Over seas, most of the whole base was 24/7 Osan AB, Kunsan AB, Clark AB. Its seems when
On a state side base they were more into politics and bullshit than performing the "mission"
Like what goes on at a over seas location.

Depends on the MAJCOM and mission.  In strat airlift (Travis, March, McChord, McGuire, Charleston, etc.) we fly all day, every day.  We NEVER and I mean never shut down the flightline, its open all day every day.  That means we are always there too.  I know fighter guys (ACC) have down days, family days, goal days, safety days, etc. etc. etc.  I used to be in ACC, and it was great at home station, you just worked your ass off when TDY or deployed.  Trust me, I miss ACC.  

ETA:  Not to mention, the world has changed drastically since 1988, the AF has been at a continual state of war since 1990, with NO breaks.  Even when the USMC and Army were training stateside we were in the Balkans, and the desert (we never left after GWI) fighting Clintoons and GWBI's wars.  I've deployed at least once every single year of my career but one.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:51:36 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

gunny, if that was actually functional it would be pretty cool! it probably WILL be the uniform of the future...interanl climate control, day/night/thermal/huds visor system, internal fire team/squad/plt commo system, hard body armor, etc. i bet we see it in our lifetime!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:08:07 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
On a serious note (not sure if its a repost, or what sparked this thread).  Here is the new uniform, for real.  It looks like crap in pics, but much better in person, its actually very light, almost the same shade as ACUs in person.  I wish we would just issue ACUs instead, they are a decent looking very functional uniform, and we won't have to worry about anyone stepping on our blue suede boots.  

www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/060317-F-0000R-001.jpg

Airman Battle Uniform finalized, ready for production

by Master Sgt. Mitch Gettle
Air Force Print News

3/17/2006 - WASHINGTON (AFPN) -- The new Airman Battle Uniform is ready for production and will be available in fiscal 2007, said the Air Force deputy chief of staff of personnel.

Many factors were considered in developing the final uniform selection, with the concern for Airmen being at the top of the list, said Brig. Gen Robert R. Allardice.

"We were looking for a uniform that would be easier to maintain," he said. "We wanted to provide a uniform that the Airman wouldn't need to spend a lot of out-of-pocket expenses to maintain."

Also, Airmen’s feedback throughout the process was beneficial in adding new pockets on the uniform.

"We listened to the Airmen's request where they wanted pockets to hold small tools and when they wear body armor the existing shirt pockets are not accessible or usable," General Allardice said. "It will have the four pockets on the front of the shirt, and also a small pencil pocket on the left forearm and two pockets on the lower legs. In addition, inside the side pockets and inside of the breast pockets there will be smaller sewn-in pockets to hold small tools, flashlights or cell phones."

The new uniform design is a pixilated tiger stripe with four soft earth tones consisting of tan, grey, green and blue. The ABU will have a permanent crease and will be offered in 50-50 nylon-cotton blend permanent press fabric eliminating the need for winter and summer weight uniforms.

Will the new ABU need to be starched and pressed?

"Absolutely not," he said. "Our uniform requirement is we want a uniform that you wash, pull it out of the dryer, and wear it. This requirement meets the ease and cost effectiveness needs in maintaining a uniform."

He speaks from personal experience and added that in the long run it will save Airmen money on dry cleaning costs.

"I tested this uniform. I wash it, take it right out of the dryer and wear it," General Allardice said. "We don't want people putting an iron to it."

The fit of the uniform was also a concern for Airmen.

"Were making them available in more sizes to fit the body better," he said. "We've taken the time to produce more sizes and tailored them for men and women."

Some other ABU accessory items:

-- A tan T-shirt will be worn; Airmen will be required to maintain one tan T-shirt with an Air Force logo on the front and Air Force written on the back.

-- Suede cowhide boots in matching green-gray color; like the desert boot these will be polish-free and available in men’s and women’s sizes.

-- The word color for the name, U.S. Air Force, and rank is midnight blue; nametapes and rank insignia background will be tan and will be sewn on using a matching tan color thread.

-- The ABU adopts the battle dress uniform hat style for primary use and the floppy hat design will be used in some deployed areas.

"This is the uniform of the future," General Allardice said. "Eventually when enough of these uniforms are manufactured, we will phase out the BDU and desert combat uniforms."

The current projected mandatory wear date for the new ABU is fiscal 2011.

The only thing that needs to be determined is if patches will be worn and the Air Force chief of staff will make that determination soon, General Allardice said.

I wonder how long it will take the USAF to pass that one down (if they ever do) to those of us in their Auxiliary (Civil Air Patrol).  I can't wait to see how we would bastardize it with our gaudy full color patches, nametapes, and grade insignia.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#43]
I must be in the wrong Air Force too. In 16 years I have had 15 of shift work??? Also have been in the field for 15 of those 16years and not at a desk. hinking.gif
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:22:01 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted: I wonder how long it will take the USAF to pass that one down (if they ever do) to those of us in their Auxiliary (Civil Air Patrol).  I can't wait to see how we would bastardize it with our gaudy full color patches, nametapes, and grade insignia.

Civil air patrol, is that anything to do with the USAF????

I see em strutting around base in "uinform" but they never do anything. However, I did stumble on a CAP Major yelling at one of my A1C's for not saluting him Needless to say I went ape shit on that "major" and I doubt he ever pulled that power hungry trick again.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:26:04 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jarhead, 88-93

1st MAR DIV

More than likely it was me that kicked ya out of the E club on Kadena

I was a SP there from Mar 89-Mar 92 on Kadena and broke up quite a few fights and such when the club was overloaded with horny jarheads hitting on skanky AF babes

Oh and for the record it was not camp Kadena but Kadena Air Base

They used to give us crap about going to the Chili's they built on Kadena while I was there.  Its okay though, when I was doing gate guard duty, I used to show the AF guys to the USMC recruiting office on Camp Foster.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Kadena 89-92 we had 72 F15's, C130's, F4's, AWACS, RC-135's, KC-135's and they almost never ever flew on weekends or even came in to work. Not to mention on Fridays ya almost never saw anybody on the flightline except Fire and the SP's.

Go to a ICBM base, see how dead things are on a Friday, 3 day weekends are the norm & if ya wanted/needed to get work done on a Friday you were SOL and had to come in on you're break/down time to take care of things cuz they were off and could not be bopthered to take care of ya.

From what I saw in 20 years of being a USAF troop, the majority of AF members work office hours and lazzy ones at that.

Hell, deployed to Saudi and elsewhere it seemed only the flyboys & support worked when flying missions and everybody else was only open 3-4 hours a day except for cops, fire and cooks who never got a day off or when they did it was only here and there instead of all the time.

INHO the AF is more a blue suited company than a military, but what do I know, I was just a SP troop.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
They used to give us crap about going to the Chili's they built on Kadena while I was there.  Its okay though, when I was doing gate guard duty, I used to show the AF guys to the USMC recruiting office on Camp Foster.

Kadena got a Chili's

Like they needed it with all the yum yum shops out Gate 2

We always got buses full of Jarheads going on Kadena to hit the chow hall cuz they said the USMC chow halls sucked dog chit.

For DS/DS-1 we got dozens of 747's full of Jarhead reserves & it got so bad with them flooding Kadena chow hall for midrats the cooks started handing out MRE's to everybody but on duty USAF troops
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:35:15 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kadena got a Chili's

Like they needed it with all the yum yum shops out Gate 2

We always got buses full of Jarheads going on Kadena to hit the chow hall cuz they said the USMC chow halls sucked dog chit.

For DS/DS-1 we got dozens of 747's full of Jarhead reserves & it got so bad with them flooding Kadena chow hall for midrats the cooks started handing out MRE's to everybody but on duty USAF troops

Yep, they got a Chili's.  Camp foster got a Subway, Pizza Hut, and Popeyes.  There was alwyas about an hour wait to get into the Chili's though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:19:15 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted: Yep, they got a Chili's.  Camp foster got a Subway, Pizza Hut, and Popeyes.  There was alwyas about an hour wait to get into the Chili's though.

I would have been going to Foster for Popeyes
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#50]
I like them. Grey is my favorite color, tigerstripe grey is cool!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top