Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2001 1:18:56 PM EDT
I will be visiting soon.  I'll be staying in Sedona, and visiting Mesa.  I want to go to Dillon.  Are there any "must see" visits that I should make?

Thanks.

Vic.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there nothing worth seeing in AZ?  No cool gunshops?  Manufacturers?  Will my only source of entertainment be hugging a cactus?

Help!
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know.  The Armory in Scottsdale is pretty cool, lots of cool toys, VERY!!! overpriced on alot of their stuff.  Hot Girl behind the counter.  Ben Avery is a pretty neat shooting range just outside of town actually on your way into town from sedona.  I'm sorry I'm just drawing a bit of a blank right now.

-CK
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 4:34:14 PM EDT
[#4]
into town meaning the phoenix metro area, of which mesa is a part

-CK
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#5]
well if you were in Tucson id say Vistit the Pima Air and space musium
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 4:46:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Well Tricky yer request is pretty non-specific.

There's this really big ditch in northern Arizona, some people think it's worth a look-see.

Yout might go to Mandall's in Scottsdale.  You won't buy anything, but you'll have fun looking.

Go see the Diamondbacks.  Don't go see the Cardinals.  Unless they are playing someone you are interested in.

Wander down Mill Avenue ogling college chicks.

Go to Prescott and visit J & G.  If you have an empty vehicle, you might fill it with crates of ammo.  I've heard tell of people who have done this.

What are ya into?
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#7]
If you visit The Armory, don't forget to drop in on American Spirit Arms.... they are 75' down from them, plus Dillon is only 5 minutes away (15 minutes if traffic gets jammed up at Hayden and Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd).

In Mesa, try the Champlain Fighter Museum at Falcon Field. Not only do they have a good warbird collection, but they also have a decent firearms display, too.

There are a bunch of good "niche" gun shops -- what interests you?
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Chairborne, I was trying to think of J&G, I assume they will be listed in the Prescott phone book for an address.

Thanks also to MP5_guy, I will look for the places you suggested.  

Just interested in gun stuff.  The wife (she's a shooter too) and I will mostly just window shop.

Would like to see out of the "ordinary" sights (and other aiming devices) (HA).  There used to be a guy in Chandler that did combat shotguns.  Is he still there?

Thanks again,

Vic.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 7:52:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Said in Homer Simpson voice...
Mill Avenue.... College Chicks MMMMM.

Now I remember why I live in Tempe. Screw school, I'm here for the women.  BTW, they're all coming back into town right about now, and I guarentee you this Friday will be hoppin.

-CK

Did I mention that is damn hot so their not wearing much right now?
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Did I mention that I used to live in; Phx, Mesa, Tempe, Chandler, Queen Creek, Tucson, and Marana.  Lived in AZ for about 11 years in two installments.  Yes, many years ago when dinos roamed the earth (and I was a younger man) the cave girls of ASU wore very little this time of year.

But now I am a very happily married man.  Not only is she good looking she is pretty good with a gun (just shot very well at a pistol steel shoot, beat 10% of the guys there with a malfunctioning 686), she is also generous Armalite AR15 for Christmas last  year, an M1 Carbine for birthday last year, before that a Dillon 1050, she goes to the gun show with me and helps carry purchases to the car (some heavy stuff).  So you can see why I only have eyes for her.

Thanks for the info guys!

Vic.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#11]

the cave girls of ASU wore very little this time of year.
View Quote

back then you could have used lines like "Hey, I can see your fur".
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:52:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Didya ever go to Choo-Choo's or the Stumble Inn when you lived in Tucson...?
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 6:57:08 AM EDT
[#13]
NoName,

Choo Choos rings a bell.  Did it exist in the late '70s?

Vic.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 7:30:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Of course you will have to stop by the Cavalry Arms Manufacturing. Right in Mesa. Makers of the CAV-15. Give Shawn a call.  [uzi]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top